DF putting her foot down

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's absolutely ridiculous! That's why I don't go on fb because of idiotic people like that, I totally agree, she's only giving five stars to bump the average score up, it shoudn't be allowed, hopefully though people will see right through her idiotic game.

Its got me thinking now, I'm on advanced order for the Bodyblade 23rd of March after seeing it on the morning show, but now I'm thinking, is it as good as the reviews say it is or are all these reviews by people who are DFs followers, Queens or BTY people, are they saying its good because its good or because DF says it is? See I don't know now, so I'm cancelling it from my account. I never get anything DF endorses because I don't trust her or believe her, but Kathy Tayler said it was good, not that I trust her either because I know they've gt to make a sale, but I won't buy what I'm interested in to give DF the sale, I wait till someone else sells it, but its the reviews that have got me thinking, so I'm cancelling it.........thanks for that Debbie Flint!

I would say from personal experience that the Bodyblade is good. It is portable and easy to use and if you use it regularly it may well firm your less firm places.

I would also add from personal experience that you may well get bored with it, as with any other piece of QVC fitness equipment. The downside of the Bodyblade is that unlike the Tony Little stepper, the Margerine Pilates platform, the Leg Master and all the other equipment I have bought over the years, it does not turn into a useful rail for hanging clothes on.

Bearing that in mind, my advice to you would be to try it. In a month you will have found out for yourself if it works. The principle of umpteen vibrations of your wobbly bits per second may be an exaggerated claim, or not, but you probably will find it works if you are persistent with it. It is the sole piece of equipment which I still have, hiding behind the sofa and not taking up floor space. From time to time I use it. If you have much more willpower and determination than me, you might be pleasantly surprised at its effectiveness. Given all the hundreds of pounds I bitterly resent spending on fitness equipment from Q, this is the only one which I found effective and worth the money.

Last edited:
I would say from personal experience that the Bodyblade is good. It is portable and easy to use and if you use it regularly it may well firm your less firm places.

I would also add from personal experience that you may well get bored with it, as with any other piece of QVC fitness equipment. The downside of the Bodyblade is that unlike the Tony Little stepper, the Margerine Pilates platform, the Leg Master and all the other equipment I have bought over the years, it does not turn into a useful rail for hanging clothes on.

Bearing that in mind, my advice to you would be to try it. In a month you will have found out for yourself if it works. The principle of umpteen vibrations of your wobbly bits per second may be an exaggerated claim, or not, but you probably will find it works if you are persistent with it. It is the sole piece of equipment which I still have, hiding behind the sofa and not taking up floor space. From time to time I use it. If you have much more willpower and determination than me, you might be pleasantly surprised at its effectiveness.

Yes, you're probably right, I should try it and see for my self because in all honesty, any help for my jiggly bits would be a help, yep I'm going to give it a go, thanks :mysmilie_14:

You go girl. It is very easy to use, and best of all (I have an advanced diploma in laziness) it takes only about five minutes per session..Your muscles feel like you have really had a workout when you are done.

When you have your new trim figure, kindly show it off with some lovely new clothes from the DHS. It would be a shame to hide your achievements in one size fits all sequinned polyester.

You go girl. It is very easy to use, and best of all (I have an advanced diploma in laziness) it takes only about five minutes per session..Your muscles feel like you have really had a workout when you are done.

When you have your new trim figure, kindly show it off with some lovely new clothes from the DHS. It would be a shame to hide your achievements in one size fits all sequinned polyester.

Five minutes!!!! Oh ok shoukd be able to manage that, when I get my svelt size 8 I will buy a Join clothes top and go camping to celebrate, but in the mean time, here's me using the Bodyblade :mysmilie_14:

Yes I use it too and it works for me.Does DF use it regularly ? who knows,but I watched a lot of shows before I got it and glad I did.

OH uses the bodyblade and lost 2 stone over eighteen months. I use its predecessor mostly, but both work.

Then and only then, will you confidently wear embellished clothes day and night on your bi-annual cruise.

Shopaholic, I am sorry that you felt it necessary to call me names such as 'silly' and other people 'idiotic'. You clearly cannot debate without resorting to spiteful and childish comments. You are insulting people you have never met and know nothing about. It is people like you who spoil forums and stifle debate. People will be reluctant to post in case they set you off so well done. I can hold my own with anyone but you are not worth arguing with because you cannot argue sensibly. You clearly have issues. I have to wonder about those who purport to despise a tv presenter but yet know all about the person, what they've said and done, their books, reviews of those books and the people who have made these reviews. Bit stalkerish if you ask me to go looking for anything to jump on and make a meal of. I'm not involved but am sure that the members of that group are really glad nasty people like you would not be allowed on there.

Please refrain from personal attacks on fellow forum members!!!

I don't think this forum stifles debate or puts people off posting.The fact is DF uses the shopping channel to enhance and advertise her other projects for her personal gain and she is using a very powerful medium to do that.That medium elicits a strong response for good or bad. You can say that people can turn off and stop watching but it is a shopping channel ,so why should they? QVC should have rules and boundaries in place to draw a line between selling and self promotion.Other presenters have outside interests but are not continually using QVC to advertise. I am not in favour of personal attacks about people's looks ,weight etc but a persons character they are trying to portray on live Tv and online is up for debate.

Last edited:
I don't think this forum stifles debate or puts people off posting.The fact is DF uses the shopping channel to enhance and advertise her other projects for her personal gain and she is using a very powerful medium to do that.That medium elicits a strong response for good or bad. You can say that people can turn off and stop watching but it is a shopping channel ,so why should they? QVC should have rules and boundaries in place to draw a line between selling and self promotion.Other presenters have outside interests but are not continually using QVC to advertise. I am not in favour of personal attacks about people's looks ,weight etc but a persons character they are trying to portray on live Tv and online is up for debate.

A very good point raised. Other presenters DO have other interests i.e. writing columns for periodicals, voice-overs on ads etc etc, but I have never heard any of them promote their other 'life style', so in this respect DF should be curtailed. I have to admit that its only recently (aka last few months) that I have noticed how "my blog", Facebook, Twitter, have taken up more air time than the product she is presenting.

I am very surprised that someone as insignificant as DF is worthy of such heated debate, surely anyone with any intellect can see right through her 'shameless self promotion' at every chance. First time around DF was one of my favourite qvc presenters, but imo she came back with a desperation to succeed at any cost. I have no idea about her writing ability... but after listening to her for years I doubt she would write anything I would be interested in. For now she seem to have things sewn up with her BTY and FB buddies... the old saying spring to mind ...there are none as blind as those that will not see.

Miss Ellie is back! She has not overnight developed either manners or consideration for other posters. I haven't heard such a lot of abuse since I did playground duty and had to fetch sobbing girls out of toilets where they were sheltering, and confront the bullies.

The triangular relationship between presenter, followers and QVC is a curious symbiotic** one. Hard to say who's manipulating whom since the followers know that if they offer positive feedback they'll get freebies and studio visits, Debbie promotes her books and QVC reap the benefits of increased sales. They're all welcome to stay like this and the policing of their actions on here doesn't bother them at all.

This thread was never started as a rehash of the BCC debacle is was an observation that Debbie and her other half Sharon (is it) set the rules for their facebook group and choose to apply the rules to suit their needs. It's their group so they can do what they like. They don't give a chuff what others think about it.

I don't hate Debbie or any other presenter for that matter; I don't hate anyone on here either though I like the facility to ignore the occasional troll over the years. I've reported a few posts in 10+ years. I miss the "dislike" button but I'd prefer a "disagree" button. I can't tell from a person's posts what sort of person they really are. I don't hate anyone really, it rarely bothers the hated and would do me more harm to harbour that level of negative feeling.

Does every Debbie thread have to reference BCC, books and market trading? I would welcome some original thoughts.

Last edited:
As long as the debate is about DBF and her followers, I'm afraid BCC, books and presentation style will be highlighted. If not here, where else?

My, this has been quite a lively debate and at times heated...you are never going to stop this behaviour, it appears to be the norm these days for the presenters to endorse or name drop, only last night Sarah mentioned Benetton twice in the Yong Kim slot and how she would have liked to work there, if that isn't advertising then what is?

I am on the fence a bit here, because reading through I can understand the frustration behind a lot of the comments. However, it is meant to be a forum for discussion, open to anybody and just because somebody doesn't agree with the majority they should not be jumped on...it has been quite scathing at times from both sides and made for uncomfortable reading.

Now that's just my opinion...oops:mysmilie_11:

The triangular relationship between presenter, followers and QVC is a curious symbiotic** one. Hard to say who's manipulating whom since the followers know that if they offer positive feedback they'll get freebies and studio visits, Debbie promotes her books and QVC reap the benefits of increased sales. They're all welcome to stay like this and the policing of their actions on here doesn't bother them at all.

This thread was never started as a rehash of the BCC debacle is was an observation that Debbie and her other half Sharon (is it) set the rules for their facebook group and choose to apply the rules to suit their needs. It's their group so they can do what they like. They don't give a chuff what others think about it.

I don't hate Debbie or any other presenter for that matter; I don't hate anyone on here either though I like the facility to ignore the occasional troll over the years. I've reported a few posts in 10+ years. I miss the "dislike" button but I'd prefer a "disagree" button. I can't tell from a person's posts what sort of person they really are. I don't hate anyone really, it rarely bothers the hated and would do me more harm to harbour that level of negative feeling.

Does every Debbie thread have to reference BCC, books and market trading? I would welcome some original thoughts.

Are you implying that we shouldn't keep mentioning cheating a charity out of a donation.

I'd be interested, if anyone confronted QVC's CEO or BCC's management about the mishandling of the BCC auction, to hear what response was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back