DF putting her foot down

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
But how many more threads do we need raking over the same old BCC / BTY / pointy finger / Book plugging / Del-boy ground?

It's like Groundhog Day.

Someone mentions DF and then the same old comments get flung around. We might as well have a sticky with a list of standard accusations included and then that would save everyone the effort of having to type them all over again and again and again and again....

But how many more threads do we need raking over the same old BCC / BTY / pointy finger / Book plugging / Del-boy ground?

It's like Groundhog Day.

Someone mentions DF and then the same old comments get flung around. We might as well have a sticky with a list of standard accusations included and then that would save everyone the effort of having to type them all over again and again and again and again....

People have got strong opinions about DF so of course the same accusations are going to be brought up repeatedly. Yes it's predictable but no more predictable that her saying 'buy two' of any given product. I find threads droning on about how wonderful certain beauty or food products incredibly repetitive, but I wouldn't suggest we have a sticky for those.

Last edited:
The fact that QVC allow Debbie Flint to do whatever she does is entirely a matter for them and if they are fine with it then it is nothing whatsoever to do with anyone.

Except, of course, the people who are paying her salary and commission - people who shop at QVC, hence the involvement of this forum.

I was going to post another chapter from "Fruit Stall" but I don't think they will allow me. They might be ok with one of the tamer paragraphs. Not sure.

There should be no two sides to this thread because the original poster said "Someone dared to comment about the tsv selling out too quickly and DF has posted a thread on her BTY group laying down the law." No doubt, the thread was about Debbie Flint laying down the law on her own Facebook page but some members turned into a let's attack Debbie time. Anyone who owns a business runs it in the way they want despite what the customer may want. I repeat, QVC clearly don't have issue with Debbie Flint or her group but if we don't like it we can always stop watching - and buying.

There should be no two sides to this thread because the original poster said "Someone dared to comment about the tsv selling out too quickly and DF has posted a thread on her BTY group laying down the law." No doubt, the thread was about Debbie Flint laying down the law on her own Facebook page but some members turned into a let's attack Debbie time. Anyone who owns a business runs it in the way they want despite what the customer may want. I repeat, QVC clearly don't have issue with Debbie Flint or her group but if we don't like it we can always stop watching - and buying.

Miss Ellie I defend anyone to enforce the rules on their forums, including you! What do you think of Debbie Flint? Do you think she's talented? What did you think of her "Fruit Stall?"

Yawn. Give it a few more posts and we will be back around the houses again! Miss Ellie's condescending and patronising"let's debate sensibly" drivel, Julius's smatterings of "erotica" and throw in the usual (to be fair justified) criticisms of DF and her antics. It's going round and round in circles. Nobody is going to win but people are getting fed up. It was an interesting thread at first though.

I beg to differ that my last contribution was bullying. I think "who is the bully here" is a very snide comment. I do not bully. I make factual observations.
I made two factual statements: That Miss Ellie, having said she was leaving the thread, returned with even more unpleasant personal remarks about shopperholic.
:that the language she used, which had included telling shopperholic to get off the thread, and the unpleasant words she used, were last heard by me in the school playground.

I am making no more contributions to this thread as I dislike the unpleasantness it has aroused. I have never mentioned past history such as the auctions as I was never aware of that story at the time. I did observe, several times, that I thought DF was a poor presenter because she spent very little time on giving useful information about products, and an awful lot of time on self publicity.

Thank you :mysmilie_508: your statements were factual and based on the truth but this makes absolutely no difference to people like Miss Ellie who are out to cause trouble, why would someone come back again after saying they're leaving it making offensive personal remarks, its again to cause trouble. She accused me of stopping people coming on here because they don't like my comments, so because she's trying to turn this into a personal war, sad really, I'm stepping back too and makng no more contributions to this thread.

You're not neutral at all, you're implying someone else is silly. Why not just put your cards on the table and speak your mind honestly and openly?

I am neutral. I don't visit this forum very often and don't really watch much of QVC these days. I'm not on FB or Twitter either. I have no strong views about DF one way or another and didn't know anything about the auction (I've since followed a link and can see that it was a very shoddy thing to do) and I still don't understand the references to a crown. I've been reading the thread just out of idle curiosity and just found it amusing that a member called Miss Ellie a silly woman when that description could be used to describe that very same person too. That's a balanced and neutral view. All cards on the table, speaking my mind honestly and all that ....!!

Backtracking a little .......... I bought the Bodyblade when it was first aired and definitely not because DF was raving about it. If she had been the presenter I would have switched channels and would probably not have bought it. Once you get into the rhythm it's worth the effort and at least it hasn't become a clothes horse like much of the keep fit equipment. I cannot use it at the moment though as I had a total knee replacement 10 days ago and waggling that around, while my balance without sticks is 'iffy,' would probably result in another hospital stay. I have 10 exercises to do (10 times each) and they have to be done 3 times a day ............... so with 300 exercises to do every day for the next few weeks I think the Bodyblade will be staying in the cupboard for a while. :wink:

Shopaholic, unlike others, I made my point and stuck to it and anyone can read that you made it personal in the first instance. You clearly found it impossible to accept that I had a different opinion on the matter. People usually resort to name-calling and personal insults when they cannot debate an issue sensibly. I responded in kind to you this morning to make a point. Who wants to come on a forum and be called names? I thought you deserved a few home truths. Point made. I'm a member of enough forums to know what spoils one and what stops people posting.

The Crown, BCC 2013 a Diamonique crown was up for auction. Stratobuddy bid, and suddenly the auction was ended nothing ever said about a winning bid, and rumour that QVC presenter got it. Some say JR, but who knows as it was all so hush hush.

QVC refunded to answer any questions about the winning bid or names of who won it.

I thought that is was alleged JR won it but was not sure.
Don't know why people keep reading the thread if they find it boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back