Alpha-H TSV 13/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

its very very easy to stockpile beauty products. i try very hard not to. but its a great effort. skincare is quite easy as i dont use any of the qvc skincare only alpha h. l'occitane is my weakness. but its mostly under control.i have 4 body lotions inc the tea tree tsv one and i am mortified. 4 small tubes of the grasse body creams, have all the molton brown tsv but some will be xmas gifts. 15 bars of soap, and 2.5 litres of shower get from l'occitane inc tea tree.

This thread has become a confessional :mysmilie_14:

I think there is a few of us who can be called beauty-aholics :mysmilie_8:

I have far too big a stash of stuff. I'm recognising Ani's tactics, although she's far more efficient than me. I've revamped my system so many times I can't recall which things are the oldest now.

I haven't ventured on eBay to sell any of it, and would in any case need to check the batch codes to make sure everything will be acceptable to the recipient.

Much of my purchasing gets given as gifts - Christmas and birthdays in the main, but as much as I try to whittle it down, it just seems to keep on coming (must be careful not to order too many auto delivery items).

Went to read the reviews on this TSV and noticed that all options had sold out, people were paying £60 which is a shame but still a good value.
ps: I'm using my eye cream without it stinging the eyes, and the puffiness goes down considerably during the day, but then it's back to square one in the morning.

Went to read reviews on this TSV and noticed that all options are now sold out, people were paying £60 which is a shame but still a good value.
ps: I'm using my eye cream without it stinging and the puffiness goes down considerably during the day, but then it's back to square one in the morning.

With the eye cream do you think it's that which is causing the puffiness?

My eye puffiness may be hereditary, it's always there, it's not the cream that does it, I use Alpha H Absolute at night. I also drink a glass of water close before going to bed, this doesn't help either.

qvc and the beauty companies create the demand to stockpile. i remember the years when you bought a cleanser, a moisturiser in your fav brand waited until you used it up and started a gain. now it hundreds of beauty tsv's a year with gallons of stuff poked in underbed storage, cellars, wardrobes et all all with little chance of us using it all as we only have one face

qvc and the beauty companies create the demand to stockpile. i remember the years when you bought a cleanser, a moisturiser in your fav brand waited until you used it up and started a gain. now it hundreds of beauty tsv's a year with gallons of stuff poked in underbed storage, cellars, wardrobes et all all with little chance of us using it all as we only have one face

So true, but we are exposed to many more brands than we used to be - even if you never ventured onto QVC - there are loads more on the high street. It seems every time you open a magazine, there is a new brand to try. I enjoy beauty products, although I'm cutting back on buying as I am checking what I've got before making further purchases.

Good news! You should use a cleanser whether or not you use makeup - your skin is still exposed to pollutants, still shedding skin cells, and still sweating. To have a really clean face when wearing makeup, you're best to double cleanse to make sure it's all off. You can use the same product or different products... if you use a separate cleanser for removing eye makeup that still counts as double cleansing, so not necessarily using loads more cleanser.

Great to hear you like the products! :) But as already stated before, you should use a cleanser daily, in the mornings and in the evenings, whether you have worn make-up or not.:)

On days when I don't wear make-up (and every morning when I wake up or every time I have a shower) I use ABC's skin wash on my face. I only use a cleaser when I have been wearing make-up. This is mainly a cost thing. My way, I am keeping the cost down of the amount I spend and I have noticed since reintroducing ABC into my routine last year that the breakouts I was getting have decreased massively.

On days when I don't wear make-up (and every morning when I wake up or every time I have a shower) I use ABC's skin wash on my face. I only use a cleaser when I have been wearing make-up. This is mainly a cost thing. My way, I am keeping the cost down of the amount I spend and I have noticed since reintroducing ABC into my routine last year that the breakouts I was getting have decreased massively.

Aha! - so you are still cleansing. I'll put my soapbox away then :mysmilie_59: If it suits your skin, and it sounds like it does, that's wonderful - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I had no idea that there was a face wash and a face cleanser as I assumed it's all the same, to me anyway.
Pardon my ignorance, what is the difference?

Face wash, face cleanser same principle - you're cleansing your face. However - face wash immediately says to me that it is always used with water. Face cleanser would suggest to me a product that may not need to involve water. I'm not quoting any definitions - purely based on my experience where I've seen "wash" on the product.

I think with men's products you'll find "wash" used more than "cleanser" and definitely more than you would see "cream" "milk" "lotion" or "balm", no doubt as the result of market research.

Personally, I remove everything with a damp flannel, so I can be sure I've removed all the cleanser without getting lured into wasting a toner to remove what cotton wool might have left (if you use cotton wool, which I don't). It works for me and gives me results that I enjoy.

I'm sorry thinking you don't wash your face when not using make-up.*blush* I also use a different cleanser in the mornings when and the creamy ones in the evenings.

I had no idea that there was a face wash and a face cleanser as I assumed it's all the same, to me anyway.
Pardon my ignorance, what is the difference?
To me it's all the same, just different words.:)

Aha! - so you are still cleansing. I'll put my soapbox away then :mysmilie_59: If it suits your skin, and it sounds like it does, that's wonderful - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm sorry thinking you don't wash your face when not using make-up.*blush* I also use a different cleanser in the mornings when and the creamy ones in the evenings.

No worries guys, I don't think I made myself clear anyway, so I don't blame you for thinking I don't cleanse when I don't wear make up. lol!

I was just thinking I might get a small bottle of the triple action and see what that's like [on days when I don't wear make up] instead of using the ABC skin wash.

I was just thinking I might get a small bottle of the triple action and see what that's like [on days when I don't wear make up] instead of using the ABC skin wash.

You might want to ask Alpha-H customer service for a sample. :) When I was emailing with the lady from Alpha-H concerning a suitable cleanser for my skin type, she offered to send me a sample of the TAC (well, she wanted to ask customer service UK to send one) and now I am waiting desperately for it to arrive. :)

You might want to ask Alpha-H customer service for a sample. :) When I was emailing with the lady from Alpha-H concerning a suitable cleanser for my skin type, she offered to send me a sample of the TAC (well, she wanted to ask customer service UK to send one) and now I am waiting desperately for it to arrive. :)

Thanks. I will get in touch with them and ask.

I contacted them prior to the TSV and got a comprehensive advice on my routine. I'm just waiting for my order with the balancing moisturiser and pore refining mask (in a kit from Q) to arrive, and kick start my new routine.

TAC TSV is showing in stock at the moment albeit £60

Thanks, but no, thanks. I need to test the TAC first before buying half a litre of it. :) I am happy with one TSV.:)

Latest posts

Back