Alpha-H TSV 13/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm struggling a bit with my TSV -the TAC makes my eyes sting if I take make up off with it. I even tried doing one eye with TAC and one with LE CP and the TAC definitely gave me a sore eye :-( I'm trying to work out if I can get away with it as a morning cleanser but the jury's still out . I have very greasy skin (despite approaching my late forties) and very sensitive eyes ......

I would email AlphaH's customer services and ask them, if it is suitable for use round the eyes. Personally I would not use any alpha product round my eyes.

Well, they said in the presentations that both cleansers are suitable to remove eye make-up.

I would email AlphaH's customer services and ask them, if it is suitable for use round the eyes. Personally I would not use any alpha product round my eyes.
Why not?

I use the Balancing Cleanser also around my eyes and everything's fine, no stinging or anything like that at all. (there is no glycolic acid in the cleanser)

Why not?
I use the Balancing Cleanser also around my eyes and everything's fine, no stinging or anything like that at all. (there is no glycolic acid in the cleanser)

I used the balancing cleanser across my eyes as well. I find it much more effective at taking eye make up off than the SBC cleanser for example (and I thought that was good until I tried this).

I use TAC on my eyes with no problem, unless it gets in of course. I shut my eyes tight and go over the eyelids and the lashes with my fingers. It takes all make up brilliantly inclusive of eye make up.

On the other hand: there are always people who are more sensitive to products than others, although the product claim is "for all skin types, even the most sensible ones".

So @Andrea: You know you have senstitive eyes and therefore I wouldn't continue using the cleanser as an eye make-up remover, but instead, remove the eye make-up first with a micellar water oder any other remover for eye make-up. There is no use in trying hard with the TAC-if your skin doesn't like it, that's it. Fortunately, there are about a million other cleanser on the market to choose from.:)
What about the new eye cream? Does it also give you sore eyes?

It's funny about the new eye cream as it gets about a half of negative reviews on Q and people complain on Facebook as well (sore eyes). I was worried that I would get a reaction because of the strong smell but so far so good, touch wood.

I had no idea that there was a face wash and a face cleanser as I assumed it's all the same, to me anyway.
Pardon my ignorance, what is the difference?

You buy face wash on the DHS and cleanser from Q at 5 x the price :wink:

It's funny about the new eye cream as it gets about a half of negative reviews on Q and people complain on Facebook as well (sore eyes). I was worried that I would get a reaction because of the strong smell but so far so good, touch wood.
Great! :) I have made the same experience with the "Beauty Institute Superior Eye Cream" from Judith Williams: It got very bad reviews from people telling they had allergic reactions from the cream, etc., but nothing like that with me: I like the cream and so does my eye area. No sore or "teary" eyes, no redness, no nothing-just a nourished eye area.:)

I reacted very badly to JW LLB (day and night) eye cream, sore, running eyes and bruised skin, and I normally don't react to cosmetics.

I don't know that particular eye cream, only the one from the Beauty Institute and the eye cream from the Phytomineral range. I like(d) both, hadn't any problems.:)

Reactions to new products (or reformulated products) can happen to anyone, regardless of whether you've had any sensitivity previously - which is why patch testing is so important. I'd far rather be as sure as I can about any reaction rather than wear the evidence of a reaction all over my face where I can't hide it.

It's also one of the reasons why it's always very useful to know what the ingredients (not just the main actives) are in a product you are using, as you can't always assume it's one of the actives you are reacting to - some people have problems with particular carrier ingredients.

I then put some liquid gold on a cotton pad and wiped it all over my face, neck & chest area. I got the tingling feeling, but was a bit surprised to see a tiny, faded amount of make-up on the pad afterwards.

I've realised my mistake - it was Decleor's Gradual Glow that I was wiping off onto the cotton pad. I did it again last night and it just clicked.

Yes, I have. And I was very surprised to receive a small packet from Alpha-H UK (I was expecting a Jiffy bag with one sample, not a packet) containing not only a trial size of the TAC, but also two trial sizes of the SPF 50+ moisturiser (already know that, was part of a TSV) and the Essential Moisturiser (which I don't know yet), and, not to forget, a nice letter, all wrapped in "golden" paper. My reaction was like this: :mysmilie_8: I am soooooooooo happy that I can try the cleanser (and the essential cream)! The customer service really deserves its name.:)

I was after Essential Moisturiser this summer, when my skin was dehydrated, but I couldn't find a good deal so left it be for now. I also have Protection Plus spf 50 from a TSV, but have since learned that it's for dryer skins, and my option would be Essential Moisturiser with spf 50, but I'll be working through what I have, and in winter it may suit me better hopefully, as at the moment my skin looks a bit greasy with Protection Plus spf 50 and I put make up on top to tone the shine down.

As I was using the eye cream this morning, I noticed that the plastic cap has cracked half way through after just one week of use (((
Not good, as this is essential to keeping the contents from spoiling. I’ve noticed this with all the pump tubes that have a cap, but wasn’t bothered as it wasn’t having an impact on the contents. I now have all my tubes that I use with an elastic band across the caps to keep them together.

There seems to be a lot of negative reviews, like 98%, about the new eye cream stinging, thanks goodness I didn’t react and I can see some improvements on the lower lids, where I use it primarily. How are people getting on with this TSV?

I was after Essential Moisturiser this summer, when my skin was dehydrated, but I couldn't find a good deal so left it be for now. I also have Protection Plus spf 50 from a TSV, but have since learned that it's for dryer skins, and my option would be Essential Moisturiser with spf 50, but I'll be working through what I have, and in winter it may suit me better hopefully, as at the moment my skin looks a bit greasy with Protection Plus spf 50 and I put make up on top to tone the shine down.

Interestingly enough, the Essential Moisturiser on Alpha-H's own website is an SPF30+, not SPF50+, and it's the pump tube, rather than the solid container with a pump.

As I was using the eye cream this morning, I noticed that the plastic cap has cracked half way through after just one week of use (((
Not good, as this is essential to keeping the contents from spoiling. I’ve noticed this with all the pump tubes that have a cap, but wasn’t bothered as it wasn’t having an impact on the contents. I now have all my tubes that I use with an elastic band across the caps to keep them together.

There seems to be a lot of negative reviews, like 98%, about the new eye cream stinging, thanks goodness I didn’t react and I can see some improvements on the lower lids, where I use it primarily. How are people getting on with this TSV?

Chances are if you are irritated by SPF, you will always need to be careful about not applying an eye cream too close to the eye itself. The original Absolute eye cream can be applied much closer to the lash line, and if you're used to that it's tempting to do exactly the same with the new one. I am one of those irritated by SPFs close to the eye - so my preferred sun protection is large sunglasses (by which I mean ones that cover just over the eyebrows and down onto the cheeks) - and I do put my other SPFs around the outer edge of the orbital socket.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, the Essential Moisturiser on Alpha-H's own website is an SPF30+, not SPF50+, and it's the pump tube, rather than the solid container with a pump.
I'm not too sure, but I think that there are two options of Essential Moisturiser with spf, the spf50+ being a new addition to the range. I wish they did a duo of Essential Moisturiser and Essential Moisturiser with spf, I think that they did do it but I’ve missed it back then.

Latest posts

Back