Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:mysmilie_17:

He was admiring and trying on some big bulky watches last night, I was looking to see if his wrist would buckle

Surely his wrist is mostly occupied by his Star Trek Phone, remember? He's selling some too-wills now, I don't know who the guest is but his name is Orlando.

Everything seems to be 'an astonishing piece of kit', everything seems to be 'flying out' and everything GOLLUM says he has said many times before :mysmilie_59:

Now they have another 6 Litres of Elizabeth Grant in the nice shiny pots.

I remember her! I saw her a while back with, (I think), the female presenter with the South African accent (don't know her name but she's on during the daytime mainly). Gordon Bennett, this woman was terrible, she droned on and on, and even went to move the presenter out of the way to draw attention to something on the table! I couldn't believe it, she just took over (or, as they might say on a certain talent show "she owned the studio"). Acutely embarrassing to watch IMO and the remote was grabbed p.d.q.
She's another irritating so and so that's been on Bid TV before, I can't watch her for more that seconds, literally seconds. I only like watching Joe on the kitchen shows, hope he decides to come back after his time off.

I remember her! I saw her a while back with, (I think), the female presenter with the South African accent (don't know her name but she's on during the daytime mainly). Gordon Bennett, this woman was terrible, she droned on and on, and even went to move the presenter out of the way to draw attention to something on the table! I couldn't believe it, she just took over (or, as they might say on a certain talent show "she owned the studio"). Acutely embarrassing to watch IMO and the remote was grabbed p.d.q.

Yeah H that's right I remeber that, and I agree she's so monotonous she could send a glass eye to sleep.

:mysmilie_17:

He was admiring and trying on some big bulky watches last night, I was looking to see if his wrist would buckle

Good job it wasn't tied to his skinny little ankle, the poor geezer would be rooted to the spot for days before someone heard his cries for help and took it off him, me? no I wouldn't be so kind :mysmilie_17:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, yes I know they're there to sell and they have to sell a variety of items and buyers all want different things etc etc ... but:

we'll sell you a polti (iron) and tell you it's great ... then we'll sell you a steam press and tell you ironing is soooo last century and only for idiots.
we'll sell you 'amazing' creams and show you before and after pics where the afters show VERY little improvement ... if any ... and exclaim 'WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!'
we'll sell you a power washer so you can use up gazillions of water to power wash a plastic garden chair when a quick rub with a damp cloth will achieve the same result. oh yeah and then we'll sell you waterless wax stuff and tell you only idiots still use water to wash things down.
we'll sell you mediocre clothing and exclaim as if you're getting top end designer items.
we'll sell you HIDEOUS watches and exclaim how they are designed for 'real men.' I think by real men they mean men that still splash on original brut, have a ring on every finger and a MASSIVE gold chain around their neck.

ok I'll stop :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, yes I know they're there to sell and they have to sell a variety of items and buyers all want different things etc etc ... but:

we'll sell you a polti (iron) and tell you it's great ... then we'll sell you a steam press and tell you ironing is soooo last century and only for idiots.
we'll sell you 'amazing' creams and show you before and after pics where the afters show VERY little improvement ... if any ... and exclaim 'WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!'
we'll sell you a power washer so you can use up gazillions of water to power wash a plastic garden chair when a quick rub with a damp cloth will achieve the same result. oh yeah and then we'll sell you waterless wax stuff and tell you only idiots still use water to wash things down.
we'll sell you mediocre clothing and exclaim as if you're getting top end designer items.
we'll sell you HIDEOUS watches and exclaim how they are designed for 'real men.' I think by real men they mean men that still splash on original brut, have a ring on every finger and a MASSIVE gold chain around their neck.

ok I'll stop :)

The other day GOLLUM was claiming that an iPad 4 (released 11/2012, discontinued 10/2014) was 'da latest tecknolijee' because it was 4G.

I suppose that begs the question, what does that make the WiFi only model or the iPad 3 that he's been susbequently shilling?

It's like they credit Joannes's amazing weight loss to the 5:2 Fast Diet (when she's selling it anyway). But what about her:-

NutriBullett
Vibra Whatever
Multiple Cooking Machines from various brands

Did they help at all? Surely Rick Hay must get some credit being such a renowned, well respected person in his field and I don't mean Hampstead Heath.

Following on from his 'be late for school' line I just watched a repeat of the tool programme that Mike Mason presented yesterday.

One of the items was a small fluorescent light. He uttered a well worn line of spiel he used on Bid. 'When there's a power cut who get's scared? Children'. That's just horrible.

I genuinely haven't watched Ideal World very much for well over a year, maybe even 2 years. I have to say I am astonished at what a once pretty decent channel has morphed into. I get the small range of products business model, it makes sense as it allows for bulk deals with suppliers letting them sell at pretty keen prices but overall the standard of presentation, in my opinion, is appalling,

Sadly it seems the service received by the vast majority of these customers is too. Rarely have I seen such a bad overall rating on Trust Pilot and there's 149 reviews (including several very recent one's) which is hardly an insignificant number.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

Mike Mason is an utter disgrace.

Really terrible reviews on Trustpilot. Is this a sign that IW are on their way out?

Ideal World aren't on the way out because at the end of the day, the products are good and reasonably priced, they're delivered quick and any problems I've ever had have been sorted quick and efficiently, because after all it's not the presenter that sells the product the ultimate decision lies with the customer, but if they can't get "bums on seats" so to speak, who'll see the products to buy them? Since IW took the Bid crew on, the whole selling technique has changed from credible into a massive joke. Maybe Pervy Petes and Gollums fan base (unbelievable I know) travelled with them, since Bid closed I think they'd have gone more to IW than to QVC (who in my opinion the presenters are worse and that's saying something) so all in all, if IW don't turn it around from the joke they've become, who knows what their future holds.

Look at these Chips that Chef William (who has lost 2 and a half stones since using the Nutribullett and no longer has a dodgy knee) has just made in the utterly miraculous Tower Combination Oven.

Apparently they are 'cooked to perfection'. Healthy too.

You decide :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Look at these Chips that Chef William (who has lost 2 and a half stones since using the Nutribullett and no longer has a dodgy knee) has just made in the utterly miraculous Tower Combination Oven.

Apparently they are 'cooked to perfection'. Healthy too.

You decide :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11104

Hmmm yes I suppose you could call raw potato "cooked". :mysmilie_17:

Hmmm yes I suppose you could call raw potato "cooked". :mysmilie_17:

I do like Chef William, he seems a nice chap and exhibits the patience of Job when working with Senna Pod.

I'd like to think Howard is just a bit eccentric, maybe even quirky. A character perhaps?

But I don't :mysmilie_59:

Schlocko is shilling, somewhat surprisingly, some miracle face potions that can potentially take 'at least 10 years off you'.

Just look at the results*

image.jpg
* And just look at how much more the lady is raising her eyebrows :mysmilie_59: God love Schlocko :mysmilie_17:

image.jpg

Schlocko is shilling, somewhat surprisingly, some miracle face potions that can potentially take 'at least 10 years off you'.

Just look at the results*

View attachment 11105
* And just look at how much more the lady is raising her eyebrows :mysmilie_59: God love Schlocko :mysmilie_17:

View attachment 11106

Schlocko looks like he's been pulled through a hedge backwards, his wrinkles are so deep you could park a bike in 'em, hardly a good example for "fab u left". :mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
Schlocko looks like he's been pulled through a hedg backwards, his wrinkles are so deep you could park a bike in 'em, hardly a good example for "fab u left". :mysmilie_17:

The irony is totally lost on them, clearly. But it's so funny :mysmilie_19:

But nothing quite compares to the irony of Paul Brodel extolling the fat reducing virtues of just about every cooker he's selling. In fact it has to be said that Joe, Paul and William all appear to be, well, let's say well nourished although it must be said that Joe and William say they have lost weight.

It's lucky they have Rick Hay at hand, that must be reassuring :mysmilie_59:

The irony is totally lost on them, clearly. But it's so funny :mysmilie_19:

But nothing quite compares to the irony of Paul Brodel extolling the fat reducing virtues of just about every cooker he's selling.

Hilarious :mysmilie_8:

:mysmilie_15: Paul Brodel is another one who looks like he'd slap you soon as look at you.

Latest posts

Back