Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Paul Brodel's restaurant is called Kings Newmarket. There are a number of mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, but my attention was drawn to this comment from a particularly disgruntled customer: "Do not waste your money on this pretentious restaurant which the owner thinks is the Ritz and cannot see why it is so bad." Paul Brodel having delusions of grandeur? Can't see it myself.

Regarding the earlier thread concerning Mike Mason, I can't help but think that if Mike were to join forces with that other follicly challenged chap who flogs the Williams car cleaner, there could be the beginnings of a YMCA tribute act. I'm sure Howard would be game for such an enterprise. I'm not saying he's camp but...

:mysmilie_859: Appearing soon at a theatre near you!
Paul Brodel's restaurant is called Kings Newmarket. There are a number of mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, but my attention was drawn to this comment from a particularly disgruntled customer: "Do not waste your money on this pretentious restaurant which the owner thinks is the Ritz and cannot see why it is so bad." Paul Brodel having delusions of grandeur? Can't see it myself.

Regarding the earlier thread concerning Mike Mason, I can't help but think that if Mike were to join forces with that other follicly challenged chap who flogs the Williams car cleaner, there could be the beginnings of a YMCA tribute act. I'm sure Howard would be game for such an enterprise. I'm not saying he's camp but...

Another opportunity to buy the Combi Oven is on now. Chef William is at hand.

'Just you wait until you see the food' was the clarion call of a rather excitable Irish woman.

image.jpg

Dunno about you but I can wait :mysmilie_59:

Now, let me guess....is this the latest miracle potion? Or is it the previous miracle potion he was on the box advertising? Or the potion before both of these? Or the........ I've lost the will... Trouble is, the potion takes ten years off your forehead and slaps 40 years on your neck :mysmilie_17:
Schlocko is shilling, somewhat surprisingly, some miracle face potions that can potentially take 'at least 10 years off you'.

Just look at the results*

View attachment 11105
* And just look at how much more the lady is raising her eyebrows :mysmilie_59: God love Schlocko :mysmilie_17:

View attachment 11106

Raising her eyebrows? This is probably because the forehead skin is now at the base of the back of her neck.
Schlocko is shilling, somewhat surprisingly, some miracle face potions that can potentially take 'at least 10 years off you'.

View attachment 11105
* And just look at how much more the lady is raising her eyebrows :mysmilie_59: God love Schlocko :mysmilie_17:

View attachment 11106

People have said it on here before, and it's so true: in many respects IW has morphed into Bid. The rot set in when they imported the "talent" - I use this word loosely - from Bid. Most of the 'imports' would have been better left in the deserted Bid warehouse, IMO.

Following on from his 'be late for school' line I just watched a repeat of the tool programme that Mike Mason presented yesterday.

One of the items was a small fluorescent light. He uttered a well worn line of spiel he used on Bid. 'When there's a power cut who get's scared? Children'. That's just horrible.

I genuinely haven't watched Ideal World very much for well over a year, maybe even 2 years. I have to say I am astonished at what a once pretty decent channel ha'imports morphed into. I get the small range of products business model, it makes sense as it allows for bulk deals with suppliers letting them sell at pretty keen prices but overall the standard of presentation, in my opinion, is appalling,

Sadly it seems the service received by the vast majority of these customers is too. Rarely have I seen such a bad overall rating on Trust Pilot and there's 149 reviews (including several very recent one's) which is hardly an insignificant number.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

Anyone for Chef William's uncooked crumble, despite him only reheating it (he said he 'cooked' it in the previous show).

Anyway, the cream looks good :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Good grief, even the old gardening man from Bid is on Ideal World.

I genuinely had no idea that so many of them were on Ideal World. I knew Paul Becque and GOLLUM were on it from way back but jeez! So far I've seen Sally, Schlocko and I believe Peter Simon is on it but I haven't seen him yet.

Is there any connection between the two companies? It's interesting they seem to have recruited the very lowest of the low rent Bid 'talent'.

I long for a Lola La Rouge return to our screens :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11105

View attachment 11106

As a potentially gullable female, I never believe these miracle creams. I think lifestyle and a regular skincare regime are just as important. I'm 48 and have looked after my skin since I was a teenager. But with products from Boots and Superdrug. I used to fall for the hype of new products but not any more.

Wirral, keep watching to see 'Pope' Peter of Simon anytime now. Seems he's been on a bit of a break since Christmas, when for about a month he seemed to be on there 24/7, doing everything from carting stuff from the warehouse to sweeping the floors. If you're wondering if he's improved since Bid.......the answer's a resounding "NO".

He never has been a good example for any skin product, IMO. He used to talk at great length about how wonderful his skin felt after using this or that miracle potion, but he looked exactly the same and any 'before' and 'after pics were usually one with him smiling, one not. To me, his career seems to consist of moving from one short-term venue to another, which in my view does not constitute credible experience.
Schlocko looks like he's been pulled through a hedge backwards, his wrinkles are so deep you could park a bike in 'em, hardly a good example for "fab u left". :mysmilie_17:

He never has been a good example for any skin product, IMO. He used to talk at great length about how wonderful his skin felt after using this or that miracle potion, but he looked exactly the same and any 'before' and 'after pics were usually one with him smiling, one not. To me, his career seems to consist of moving from one short-term venue to another, which in my view does not constitute credible experience.

I agree H, nothing seems to have any credence, just one dud to the next. How can you trust anyone who obviously is just the voice of a product yet never uses it themselves, regardless of the fact they say they do.

Chef Wiliiam is still cooking up a storm with his Combi Oven.

He just served a quite delicious dish of Salmon in Sweet Chilli Sauce accompanied by Cauliflower Cheese.

What next, I hear you all say. Caramel Cheeseburgers? Spaghetti Meatballs in a rich Toffee Jus?

Duck a L'banana?

Latest posts

Back