Amazon puts QVC to shame

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

talisker25

Registered Shopper
This morning around 6.30 I ordered 6 items from Amazon. In have just had that last despatch confirmation so all are on the way. Postage was free. Beat the QVC expensive snail mail:mysmilie_59:

I have had problems with Amazon delivery - it appears to me that unless you are on Prime, they deliberately delay your orders for up to a week. I shop around more, and shop at HMV for CD's and DVD's (usually same price as Amazon), spend £10, and the items turn up the next day. Amazon are no longer my first call to shop any longer, I don't like being treated as a second class citizen.

You were up early shopping Talisker25!

I have had problems with Amazon delivery - it appears to me that unless you are on Prime, they deliberately delay your orders for up to a week. I shop around more, and shop at HMV for CD's and DVD's (usually same price as Amazon), spend £10, and the items turn up the next day. Amazon are no longer my first call to shop any longer, I don't like being treated as a second class citizen.

funny one of my friends thinks excatly like that but we are all different & see things differently

It isn`t just Amazon who beat QVC into a cocked hat. It`s most other retailers too !
I`m not on Amazon Prime and have never had issues with anything I`ve ordered from them and delivery has always been quick.
How QVC can cite the word " value " beats me because so far in my Christmas shopping I`ve had a 20% discount code for some Chanel fragrance from The Fragrance Shop, a 20% discount code from The Book People for the annuals I ordered, a 3 for 2 offer from H Samuels on Chamilia jewellery I bought, and a discount email from Semi Chem on some Ghost perfume and shower gel gift sets. No doubt as I buy more Christmas gifts there`ll be yet more offers to be had.
What have I had from QVC ? SOD ALL !

funny one of my friends thinks excatly like that but we are all different & see things differently

Well there is only one way to see it from my point of view SCW - Amazon definitely make me wait far longer to despatch items than they used to do. I appreciate it won't be next day delivery as I don't have Prime, but I do expect my items to be despatched before a week is up.

Interesting that your friend thinks the same.

I think Amazon are brilliant ,I order loads from them,yes I do have prime membership because I can watch tv shows here and when I'm in Florida.

It isn`t just Amazon who beat QVC into a cocked hat. It`s most other retailers too !
I`m not on Amazon Prime and have never had issues with anything I`ve ordered from them and delivery has always been quick.
How QVC can cite the word " value " beats me because so far in my Christmas shopping I`ve had a 20% discount code for some Chanel fragrance from The Fragrance Shop, a 20% discount code from The Book People for the annuals I ordered, a 3 for 2 offer from H Samuels on Chamilia jewellery I bought, and a discount email from Semi Chem on some Ghost perfume and shower gel gift sets. No doubt as I buy more Christmas gifts there`ll be yet more offers to be had.

QVC are too busy treating you to the 'Christmas experience' from July onwards to waste time on discount offers. Free p & p would be nice - and proper discounts on sale items, but alas not in QVC Land.

I don't have prime and the longest I have had to wait is 3 days. My last delivery arrived on a Sunday. I knew it was coming and what time as I had a tracking email.

I've been shopping with Amazon for a long, long time and hand on heart never had a parcel take longer than three days, that's even with the private sellers and I don't have Prime. QVC lovers may disagree but Amazon offer free p&p, free returns and fast refunds and Amazing customer service, so whatever anyone says, Amazon and their customer service leave QVC trailing in the dust, here's just one example, last year I ordered a book that was supposed to come the following day, it never arrived so I rang them, they got one out next day delivery and I received it at 9am, so on a scale of 1 to 10, Amazon are 100, QVC are minus 1.

If had an email yesterday with a code for three easy pay on my next order as a 'birthday gift', they can sod off.

I've been shopping with Amazon for a long, long time and hand on heart never had a parcel take longer than three days, that's even with the private sellers and I don't have Prime. QVC lovers may disagree but Amazon offer free p&p, free returns and fast refunds and Amazing customer service, so whatever anyone says, Amazon and their customer service leave QVC trailing in the dust, here's just one example, last year I ordered a book that was supposed to come the following day, it never arrived so I rang them, they got one out next day delivery and I received it at 9am, so on a scale of 1 to 10, Amazon are 100, QVC are minus 1.

Hahaha, nope, the maths have got me stumped.

Recently I have ordered from Liz Earle free P&P and complementary items, Woolovers free delivery (thanks to this Forum for bringing them to my attention) and Landsend greatly discounted so didn't mind p&p.All arrived within a few days days.
QVC can't come close the only thing is the 30 day MBG but that costs to return so I don't even go there anymore.

I don't have prime and the longest I have had to wait is 3 days. My last delivery arrived on a Sunday. I knew it was coming and what time as I had a tracking email.

Gosh Talisker I can only dream of a 3 day wait for delivery - I am jealous. My last order took 8 days to arrive - it was in stock too.

Another vote for Amazon from me, too. Apart from their great choice and prices (even though they are not always the cheapest, they nearly always are), their customer service is A*. On Amazon Prime Day in July, I rang them because 3 days earlier I had ordered an Amazon Fire TV Stick which came with a free Prime trial. I paid £35 but it was reduced to £20 for Prime Day and they refunded me the difference. They also gave me an extra month of Prime for free (I've now signed up for the year because I love it).

How on earth did QVC get that "second only to John Lewis" for most trusted brand award? Funny how they never mention awards now they don't feature in them, by the way.

Gosh Talisker I can only dream of a 3 day wait for delivery - I am jealous. My last order took 8 days to arrive - it was in stock too.

Was it something sold and delivered by Amazon? Or an Amazon Marketplace item, where delivery is entirely down to the seller and out of Amazon's hands (although they do take sellers' performance seriously)?

Another vote for Amazon from me, too. Apart from their great choice and prices (even though they are not always the cheapest, they nearly always are), their customer service is A*. On Amazon Prime Day in July, I rang them because 3 days earlier I had ordered an Amazon Fire TV Stick which came with a free Prime trial. I paid £35 but it was reduced to £20 for Prime Day and they refunded me the difference. They also gave me an extra month of Prime for free (I've now signed up for the year because I love it).

How on earth did QVC get that "second only to John Lewis" for most trusted brand award? Funny how they never mention awards now they don't feature in them, by the way.

Third now Andi, that's why they don't bang on about it every ten seconds like they used to, no doubt next year they'll be fourth, maybe fifth or sixth, possibly seventh, I'm going with seventh.

Was it something sold and delivered by Amazon? Or an Amazon Marketplace item, where delivery is entirely down to the seller and out of Amazon's hands (although they do take sellers' performance seriously)?

I have had deliveries from both and both are just as quick. The good thing about getting stuff from Amazon themselves is that usually its all in one package so everything comes at once.

Andi it was sold by Amazon. I had several head banging conversations and emails to them trying to get them to send the item out to me - I think I aged a few years as well. Usually if I buy from the marketplace the items arrive very quickly. The thing is all my orders for ages have taken a long time to despatch - I really don't know why.

Latest posts

Back