Why oh why ....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
...don't QVC combine postage costs?

Yes, I know we have all been saying this for years, but they never change.

I was very tempted by 2 recent gadgety items, and I would have paid the total item cost of about £70. BUT I was not prepared to pay £3-95 PP for one item and £4-95 for the other.

Everywhere else I shop online combines PP, and all of them have FREE PP if the order is over a certain amount, usually from £20 to £49.

So anywhere else I'd have had free PP for a £70 order, but not QVC. It would have cost me £8-90 (but it wouldn't cost QVC that) so QVC lost the whole £70 order!

BTW I've just received a £34 torch for my collection, and PP was FREE. If anyone is interested, it is made out of shiny solid copper.

BTW I've just received a £34 torch for my collection, and PP was FREE. If anyone is interested, it is made out of shiny solid copper.
OLIGHT arkfeld copper.jpg
OLIGHT arkfeld copper in hand.jpg

Totally agree Stratobuddy!
What better way to celebrate their 30th Anniversary year than to move into the 21st Century?
Fixed post costs per basket, free postage over a certain amount.
Pictures for all options offered for all items featured on air or their website/app.
Ability to search more effectively on the website by colour/flavour/size/scent/brand...
More items tagged so other keywords could be searched.
Provide more detailed information about where goods are manufactured.
Lots they could do in this area.
And of course...GET THE PRESENTERS TO DO THEIR JOBS AND STOP WAFFLING ON ABOUT THEMSELVES!!

How can you move into the 21st century,when the dinosaurs from the 20th century are still roaming the QVC studios.
A job for life at QVC !
P&P charges must supplement the cost of 60 days money back,when 14 to 30 days are enough for other companies.
What is so special about shopping at QVC,high prices,high postage costs,slow refunds?
I can only think it’s some sort joke to test the patience of people,is it outdated yes it is,does it still serve a purpose yes at the moment,but it’s customer base Is also looking now,for quality and cheaper goods elsewhere with mainly free postage.

How long can it carry on for in this format who knows,things need to change and get better and move into the 21st century with an updated website and new tv programming.
With less self indulgent presenters,who talk about themselves rather than the products they are selling,and actually do the job they are paid to do,(freebies excluded)give out proper sizes and information,not just say look on the website.🤔it’s taking the loyal customer for a fool.

People clearly DO pay postage on every item so until people stop doing that QVC will continue to charge P&P on every item. IW used to do a one basket postage but they also now charge for everything BUT they now use the capped P&P (one basket postage charge) as a special offer incentive. If I want to buy a few things, from Plants2Gardens for instance, I buy direct because although the items are a pound or two dearer, there's free postage over £50 and only one post charge under £50. Compared to QVC who could charge 4 lots of £6.95 if you buy 4 items. They do need to sort it out. If they had a free postage weekend they'd make millions. Don't know why they can't see it.

CC

****** hell Strato! That's brave and I would not ever dare do that because I know I've spent thousands on crap that I didn't need and often couldn't afford. When you think I've been buying right from day one it would make me weep to see the wasted money. Don't get me wrong, I've had some good buys that I was totally happy with but the junk could fill a skip twice over.

CC

I got sent a list of all my purchases when I first discovered QVC. I wanted to reorder something and couldn’t find the product number and so rang CS. They offered to send me the list.

When it arrived it was like War and Peace and it only covered four years of shopping. I daren’t post what the total was but, put it this way, I wised up and the novelty of TV shopping was over and done with. Thankfully I could afford it but it was still an eye watering amount. 😳 I don’t buy much at all from QVC nowadays, mainly because I can often source their products more cheaply elsewhere and the companies which I use now do free or much cheaper P&P than they do,

I hope they pay their couriers a better rate than Ideal World apparently do. I recently had a package delivered by Ideal World which was about the size of a pillow, and was weighty because it contained three sets of heavy material sports type hooded tops within it. My local Evri courier, who has been doing the job for so many years, Hermes the God probably interviewed him. He is a great bloke and extremely reliable. This time he had a good old moan to me about the ‘pittance‘ he is paid for delivering this package to me. I think he said he got 17p for the trouble of collecting the parcel, putting it in his van, driving it around, then having to deliver it to me, and having to redeliver potentially if I wasn’t in et cetera. The bloke must be pushing 60 if not slightly older and has been doing this job for decades and to myself for at least 15 years or so. He works all the hours god sends and he certainly has my sympathy if he is being paid that sort of rate by a particular company. Apparently, he is paid different rates for packages from different companies, and Ideal World, he said, are one of the worst payers. Yet they have one of the more competitive postage and packing rates for a television shopping channel, and offer both free and combined P&P rates on a frequent if not a typical basis.

What I don’t want to do is to pay discount postage, to then accidentally find out the only person suffering is the poor man or woman who has to deliver it to me. We have all got to try and think of these people doing an extremely hard job for very low money, and I guess try to take into account when a company charges full rate non-combined postage and they are paying the couriers a fair rate, then that is the right thing for them to do and for us to pay for. That said, if QVC are paying similar low parcels rates to couriers, yet making big profits from us the customers from their postage rates, then that is the worst of both worlds, and they (QVC) should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evri or Hermes classed their couriers as independent hence the 50p per parcel delivered.

I have always said QVC make money from the post and packing. So of course they will go for the cheapest ever. Now my Evri man is really great and the Hermes women who used to come to me always fantastic. Perhaps I am lucky.

But, as candycane said unless thousands stop shopping with QVC nothing will change.

That’s what I thought in terms of what they were paid. I thought they got a set parcel rate nowadays. But he was quite insistent that with this particular company (Ideal World) with their parcels, he gets paid a lower rate. Saying that, at 50p per parcel, if you managed to deliver say, 200 parcels per day over 12 hours…That’s 16 parcels per hour (is that even remotely possible?) with no breaks for £100. From that £100 there is your fuel for the day (£20, maybe), your insurance costs, cost of paying for/maintaining the vehicle, money to put away for tax and NI, which even over seven days a week, and twelve hours a day working leaves you with £560 with just taking off the fuel costs, let alone the other related ones. About £6.60 an hour. Slave labour.

But, as candycane said unless thousands stop shopping with QVC nothing will change.
This is a bit off topic but on a similar theme.

Plymouth council are supposedly encouraging bus journeys instead of cars BUT at the same time they are removing 200 bus shelters!!!!! You couldn't make it up!

They include all the bus shelters I use, so my immediate thought was not to use the buses. But I HAVE to.

So not only will I have to wait in the rain, but I won't be able to sit down either while waiting for the bus (which is invariably late). I am extremely angry about it but powerless to do anything.

It’s actually embarrassing when the Presenters, especially Flinty tries to sell the 1/2 postage as a good deal.
These days I find Ms Flint is a parody of herself. I can’t be embarrassed for her as it seems her performance is either as good or better than her peers’; or management has no control. Neither scenarios predict an escape from her presentation style anytime soon.

Latest posts

Back