Prices Candles TSV 09/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just looked on Prices' site and cannot see any small coloured wax candles that burn for 40 hours so assume these are specially made for Q. The 30 hour candles are £5.75. However, I did see they have large jar candles in coloured wax which burn for 150 hours..... Only 10 scents though and they cost £18. They look just like housewarmers!

I used to love Price's until the summer TSV set last year which had a really strong smell through the box when I received it but most of the candles either had a bitter smell or no smell at all. It was one of only two things I've returned to QVC in the last 2-3 years, so disappointed was I. I can only think I must have got a duff set because most people seemed to like it. I've still got the odd candle from previous QVC sets and some are lovely. Wish I could try this Figgy Pudding some of you rave about! I love fig scents.

I recently bought one of the large Price's housewarmer-type jars from Robert Dyas - I'm sure it was only about £11, that's why I risked it. It's the Black Cherry and I do like it but I find the wax strange - sort of plastic-y - and I'm having terrible problems with it tunnelling. As discussed on here, I am fanatical about candle maintenance and never burn for less than about 4 hours, trim the wick, use an Illuma-Lid, etc but there's no saving this jar. It is permanently wrapped in foil when I burn it so I only light it when I'm on my own as it doesn't look great!

Interesting! I shan't delve into their large jars as there is no room for them on top of the YC stash. But I might get the TSV if the price is right.

I think I had figgy pudding in a TSV but but broke that collection up to give away as gifts (sifting and gifting!!!!!). IIRC though, it owed more to the pudding side than the fig side of its name.

Interesting! I shan't delve into their large jars as there is no room for them on top of the YC stash. But I might get the TSV if the price is right.

I think I had figgy pudding in a TSV but but broke that collection up to give away as gifts (sifting and gifting!!!!!). IIRC though, it owed more to the pudding side than the fig side of its name.

Despite my bad experience, I am going to be considering the Price's TSV, knowing me! I'm so weak!

I like Prices candles and hope that I'm right with the TSV. It's all of the jars shown in the picture? I like to have them throughout the house and they are not strong but you know they are there. FIggy pudding was in a lovely tin and was in my kitchen. Great smell.... Bring it back please.

I like Prices candles and hope that I'm right with the TSV. It's all of the jars shown in the picture? I like to have them throughout the house and they are not strong but you know they are there. FIggy pudding was in a lovely tin and was in my kitchen. Great smell.... Bring it back please.

everything in the pics is what you get

thanks Supercool. I'm now excited as it's a great set. Got the boots Yankee set and just lit one tonight very nice it is too. Wine a candle and watching the Tennis. Perfect!!!

I may well go for this TSV as I bought the last one. A couple were given as presents and the other jars/tea lights I've been using myself. Although I've had them quite a while, the scent is still as noticeable as it was on the day that they arrived and the fragrance throw is better and preferable to the paraffin scent I got with my last order of YC. I will give the spice one away though as I don't like fragrances like that ............. although I'll give it a good sniff before making a final decision. :wink:

Price's Candles Set of 3 Seasonal 13 Piece Set in Gift Boxes
Item Number: 706200
QVC Price £40.00
Todays Special Value Price £24.96
P&P £5.95

This wonderful collection of three gift boxes each include three jar candles and 10 tea-lights in aromatic Floral, Fruit and Christmas fragrances. Start your festive shopping right now or treat yourself with this fantastic, ready-to-gift selection from Prices Candles.

The perfect presents - these gorgeous collections come in bespoke gift boxes that have been created especially for QVC, so they’re all ready for gifting this Christmas. Keep them together or split up the sets to give to friends and family - but remember to keep one for yourself!

An endorsement of quality - founded in 1830, these pioneers in the field of candle production have a wonderful heritage of candle-making and hold a Royal Warrant from Her Majesty the Queen.

Scents for everyone - this collection includes something for everyone with floral, fruity and festive scents that are perfect for any occasion, all year round. Each one has a beautifully coloured wax finish to complement any home décor.

Enduring aromas - each jar candle has a burn time of up to 40 hours, and each tea-light burns for up to four hours, so you can enjoy a long-lasting, luxurious fragrance.

Tea-lights will burn for up to four hours each (40 hours burn time per pack of 10)
Jars will burn for up to 40 hours each
Total wax collection has a burn time of up to 480 hours

Contains:
Floral collection:

10 x White Rose tea-lights (160g) - classic white rose
1 x English Lavender jar candle (350g) - the soothing scent of lavender
1 x Honeysuckle jar candle (350g) - bouquet of sweet honeysuckle
1 x Apple Blossom jar candle (350g) - light apple blossom

Fruit collection:

10 x Grapefruit tea-lights (160g) - a refreshing citrus & zingy grapefruit aroma
1 x Pear jar candle (350g) - the sweet fragrance of fresh pears
1 x Fig jar candle (350g) - the soft scent of ripened figs
1 x Melon jar candle (350g) - tropical melon cocktail

Christmas collection:

10 x Mixed Spice tea-lights (160g) - Oriental aromas with a woody and spicy composition blended with warm undertones
1 x Pine jar candle (350g) - an elevating and refreshing pine aroma
1 x Winter Berries jar candle (350g) - sumptuous winter berries & spice
1 x White Christmas jar candle (350g) - notes of frosted winter ice

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.706200

I have just looked at the reviews for the last TSV at this time of year and there are lots of one star reviews and people talking about virtually no scent when burning the candles and tea lights. As this is another specially made for QVC set, I am wondering if it will have the same issues.

I have just looked at the reviews for the last TSV at this time of year and there are lots of one star reviews and people talking about virtually no scent when burning the candles and tea lights. As this is another specially made for QVC set, I am wondering if it will have the same issues.

The reviews have always been split 50/50 with the Prices TSV's. People either seem to love them or hate them.
Personally I really like them, but 3 things are stopping me buying this collection.

They're not all Christmas themed, which is what I wanted. I don't do floral and I'm not that keen on fruity smells so it's no good to me and I refuse to pay £5.95 postage. I would probably have paid £4.95 as it would keep it under the £30.00 mark, but no, I'm not paying anymore than that. And lastly, no 'Figgy Pudding' again. Why Prices candles, why?

I bought the Christmas in July TSV by Prices Candles a few years ago. They were terrible, absolutely stank. I couldn't stand them in the house. Get were meant to be first and I was so embarrassed vby them that they went to the charity shop. I have however had nice Prices Candles that I have bought from the shops. Maybe it's just the QVC exclusives that stink!!!

They're not all Christmas themed, which is what I wanted. I don't do floral and I'm not that keen on fruity smells so it's no good to me and I refuse to pay £5.95 postage.

Same I won't be going for it either. Don't like the floral set. And postage way too high. For that sort of price I would be expecting next day delivery. Plus I've still got loads to use up from the last two TSV's as I don't reach for them very often as they don't give off a lot of fragrance. I'm a big fan of the Woodwick candles at the moment. So will treat myself to those in Boots 3 for 2.

It's tempting, but I'd much rather spend £30 on 2 or 3 scents than I know I love, rather than having lots of different scents that I'm not keen on. These sets can b tempting, but they're rarely good value unless you like every scent.

i like the t lights set so may get those as token gifts and keep my favourites. dont like the mix of fragnces in the tsv and agree the postage is a rip off

Yes, I was a little tempted and then I remembered that I needed to burn a few at a time to get any scent. The price isn't brilliant either, I'm sure the last lot of Prices I bought were under £20 and there was a lot for your money. Not doing it.

CC

Yes, I was a little tempted and then I remembered that I needed to burn a few at a time to get any scent. The price isn't brilliant either, I'm sure the last lot of Prices I bought were under £20 and there was a lot for your money. Not doing it.

CC

normally its 5 jars & 90 tlights for under £20 + post but they wanted to try something different as that set is been done to death

there is anather set thats on auto delivery 5 jars and 84 t lights i think i prefer that selection if its the winter drop

Latest posts

Back