Prices Candles TSV 09/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh no!!

Mine will be wrong too then!

:mysmilie_10:

Luckily I bought lots of home fragrance stuff from Next today and then round the corner for 3 for 3 Woodwick candles at Boots......

Oops!!

Really pleased with the Woodwick. Great smell and wax melted right to the edges with no effort on my part.

And a few H&M candles might be the way too......well there was a free delivery and 10% off code.

But NO MORE candles for me!!

:mysmilie_8:

i just phoned customer services i am getting the summer set after all so not happy considering i did ask before ordering. so have to wait until the unwanted set comes not showing as despatched either. then return. then reorder the right set what an irritation qvc get a grip

Oh no!!

Luckily I bought lots of home fragrance stuff from Next today and then round the corner for 3 for 3 Woodwick candles at Boots......

Oops!!

Really pleased with the Woodwick. Great smell and wax melted right to the edges with no effort on my part.

And a few H&M candles might be the way too......well there was a free delivery and 10% off code.

hope not what a mess

no its this set minx and it has jars too and its still available. and literally the same amount of t lights so very good pricewise what do you think http://www.qvcuk.com/Prices-Candles...html?sc=PSCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-14-_-705800

That's a lovely selection, but I went for the TSV in the end. :happy:

Mine has just arrived, which rather took me by surprise as it was only ordered yesterday! They look very nice as three presents I have to say. I had a quick sniff and would say they are not as strong as one previous TSV I had where the combined scent nearly knocked me out. But they were all nice and light and not one was unpleasant or overpowering - even the pine was OK which would be the biggest risk for me. So they seem all right to me!!

:mysmilie_59:

Mine arrived yesterday, too, I was gobsmacked! Particularly as I'm still waiting for something I ordered Thursday week ago, which is nothing unusual with QVC. Still, you don't mind when you're paying so little for delivery, do you? :wonder:

i just phoned customer services i am getting the summer set after all so not happy considering i did ask before ordering. so have to wait until the unwanted set comes not showing as despatched either. then return. then reorder the right set what an irritation qvc get a grip

How annoying! I hope they'll be picking up the tab for all the p&p charges incurred as a result of their incompetence.

Oh no!!

Oops!!

Ooh, I've never tried Woodwick, will look out for them next time I'm in Boots.

That's a lovely selection, but I went for the TSV in the end. :happy:

Mine arrived yesterday, too, I was gobsmacked! Particularly as I'm still waiting for something I ordered Thursday week ago, which is nothing unusual with QVC. Still, you don't mind when you're paying so little for delivery, do you? :wonder:

How annoying! I hope they'll be picking up the tab for all the p&p charges incurred as a result of their incompetence.

Ooh, I've never tried Woodwick, will look out for them next time I'm in Boots.

woodwick trilogy is the best ever

woodwick trilogy is the best ever

Oh I agree, Woodwick candles are absolutely gorgeous, I love the crackling Hearth wick ones too.

I don't know Woodwick Trilogy - I assume it's one of the layered ones? I've only tried a couple of Woodwicks and I have to agree with you fans here. The burn and throw are exceptional. They look great too.

be nice if qvc did well price trios. the wax is a vegetable wax. its softer than yankee so burns cleanly and evenly and as you say the throw is lovely. hope the prices live up to your expectations. the ones i dont like i gift. i was desperate for t lights i only have a couple in my wax stash.

I have just started a Country Candle pillar which came in a trio from Q but I don't think they do them anymore. I checked online and full price is £23.99 each. Well last night all I got was smoke and wax, barely a hint of tuberose! I shall persevere of course.

I have just started a Country Candle pillar which came in a trio from Q but I don't think they do them anymore. I checked online and full price is £23.99 each. Well last night all I got was smoke and wax, barely a hint of tuberose! I shall persevere of course.

oh thats a shame the tuberose is gorgeous. is the wick trimmed and the candle in a drought free place. :confused:

oh thats a shame the tuberose is gorgeous. is the wick trimmed and the candle in a drought free place. :confused:
Yes and Yes, it is where my YC one usually stands and the room is not draughty. But it cannot take a YC topper so maybe it was more exposed. The flame was moving quite a bit and although I trimmed it, the flame was very tall. Today the wax is lower in the pillar and the wick has had a serious trim so maybe it will be better tonight.

Yes and Yes, it is where my YC one usually stands and the room is not draughty. But it cannot take a YC topper so maybe it was more exposed. The flame was moving quite a bit and although I trimmed it, the flame was very tall. Today the wax is lower in the pillar and the wick has had a serious trim so maybe it will be better tonight.
I use a heavy glass goldfish bowl style vase to shield my candles which don't have the right aperture to take an illumalid. I think any sort of hurricane lantern style tubes or vases might also do the trick, but still give the desired throw of scent.

Just trying my 2nd Woodwick candle!!

Lit Baby Powder 10 minutes ago.

Wonderful aroma in my large front room and I can smell it in the corridor and down to the kitchen already.

Amazing throw!!

And wonderful fragrance.

Why did I put off trying them for so long????

:mysmilie_50:

I use a heavy glass goldfish bowl style vase to shield my candles which don't have the right aperture to take an illumalid. I think any sort of hurricane lantern style tubes or vases might also do the trick, but still give the desired throw of scent.
Yes I have been quite tempted by a couple of the YC tubes but cannot get more stuff really..... Or I shall have to look for an online deal at some point. However this Country Candle flame was a lot more energetic than the unprotected WJ candle flames are. Perhaps it just comes down to how they make the wick?

Yes I have been quite tempted by a couple of the YC tubes but cannot get more stuff really..... Or I shall have to look for an online deal at some point. However this Country Candle flame was a lot more energetic than the unprotected WJ candle flames are. Perhaps it just comes down to how they make the wick?

I think you may have something there.

YC always say they suit the wick to the candle type/composition.

Prices wax is stearine
Yankee wax is usually paraffin, but sometimes soy

The different waxes must have different burn temperatures, so if they get the wick wrong rather than normal levels of candle smoking, you get a soot and smoke-fest, and the intended scent of the candle gets lost amid what could kindly be called an unintended stench.

I do know what you mean about not getting more stuff, but it still seems to happen for me at the moment. It's this time of year that I tend to go to town with the candles: they give such a lovely atmospheric glow and cosiness as the nights get darker and last longer... and I love the scents you get too.

Boffy - did you get the Christmas set okay?

This is all I received after chasing up my Prices order:-

"I've checked and it appears that your item has been lost in transit and did not reach Hermes."

And that was after the 4 x hurricane lamps I ordered turned out to be 2 x advent candles.

I don't think Prices are going to work for me :mysmilie_13:

Boffy - did you get the Christmas set okay?

This is all I received after chasing up my Prices order:-

"I've checked and it appears that your item has been lost in transit and did not reach Hermes."

And that was after the 4 x hurricane lamps I ordered turned out to be 2 x advent candles.

I don't think Prices are going to work for me :mysmilie_13:

what a shambles...got the wrong set they got picked up qvc are saying they still dont have it even though it was hermes that picked it up pathetic:mysmilie_10:

got it finally released as i asked to speak to the manager. she was very good. they all smell gorgeous. my least favourite is the rose but its still nice but can part with it....just. strangely the spice one is amazing and it can be my least favourite, but all are fab.burning gingerlilly a lovely soft floral with a fruity twist. the rose tea lights only smell when you are inches from the wick which is similar to most yankees imo

So glad you finally got it!

Can I ask the item number please?

I might try ordering again........:mysmilie_11: Oops!!

Actually I was thinking about making a trip to the Price's outlet shop in Bedfordshire, hubby used to live near there and fancies a trip back so could maybe call in there.

got it finally released as i asked to speak to the manager. she was very good. they all smell gorgeous. my least favourite is the rose but its still nice but can part with it....just. strangely the spice one is amazing and it can be my least favourite, but all are fab.burning gingerlilly a lovely soft floral with a fruity twist. the rose tea lights only smell when you are inches from the wick which is similar to most yankees imo

Latest posts

Back