Decleor Christmas Gifts TSV 19/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

even if the magnolia serum on there is £59.95 for about £10-£12 more youd be getting this whole set so better value in my eyes but each to their own & it will be on easy pay apparently

The easy pays do make it tempting, and it's also a good way to try the Magnolia, with the mgb.

I got the Decleor TSV earlier in the year (my first Decleor purchase). Loved the Aroma Confort body lotion, and have replaced it twice, and didn't dislike using the face products, but it turned me into a complete oil slick and it has taken months to get my skin back on track. Suffice it to say my money's safe as houses!

Sorry to hear you had a nightmare.

I'm thinking it couldn't have been the August TSV (I bought this one myself in the Aurabsolu version)
Decleor 4 Piece Skin Energising Collection
Item Number: 211764
QVC Price £81.00
Todays Special Value Price £54.96
P&P: £4.95

or 3 Easy Pays of £18.32

Contains:

1 x Aroma Solutions Prolagene Gel (400ml; supersize)
1 x Aroma Cleanse Soothing Micellar Water (200ml; full size)

Plus a choice of:
Hydra floral:

1 x Serum Hydrotenseur Eye (15ml; full size)
1 x Hydra Floral Light Cream (50ml)

or

Aurabsolu:

1 x Aurabsolu Eye Contour (15ml; full size)
1 x Aurabsolu Day Cream (50ml; full size)

Was it this one from May?

Decleor 4 Piece Summer Ready Skincare Collection
Item Number 211759
QVC Price £57.00
TSV Price £43.48
P&P £4.95

1 x Micellar Oil (150ml; full size)
1 x Aroma Nutrition Dry Oil (100ml)
1 x Hydra Floral Light Cream (30ml)

Plus a choice of:

1 x Aroma Confort Systeme Corps Moisturising Body Milk (250ml; full size)
Or
1 x Aroma Comfort Systeme Corps Gradual Glow Hydrating Body Milk (250ml)

The Hydrafloral, in my own case is absolutely brilliant on my invariably dehydrated skin... but I use it with Aromessence Neroli (3 drops only required - pressed into the skin) as the serum underneath it.

I didn't fancy all the oils that were with it - the cleanser and the hair face and body oil - can't feel that an oil for all purposes like this is ideal.

Or was it the earlier one in March (which is totally my sort of TSV, but I couldn't justify it with the amount of Aromessence Neroli and Hydrafloral in my stash)?

Decleor 4 Piece Moisture Infusion Skincare Collection
QVC Price: £77.00
Special price:£56.48
P&P: £3.95
4 Easy Pay instalments of £14.12, plus P&P

Moisturising option:
1 x Aromessence Neroli (15ml)
1 x NEW Hydra Floral Hydrating Active Lotion (100ml)
1 x Aroma Confort Systeme Corps Body Milk (250ml)

Gradual Glow option:
1 x Aromessence Neroli (15ml)
1 x NEW Hydra Floral Hydrating Active Lotion (100ml)
1 x Aroma Confort Systeme Corps Gradual Glow Hydrating Body Milk (250ml)

It was the March one (blimey, doesn't feel that long ago!) Seems such a waste to chuck it away, but I'm loathe to give it another go really..

You're all making me want to try it. I wonder if OH will remember that he's already bought me the advent calendar for Christmas and will fall for that "oh, that would be good for my Christmas routine". Could wait until after wine o'clock and then do a bit of simpering :mysmilie_17:

CC

It was the March one (blimey, doesn't feel that long ago!) Seems such a waste to chuck it away, but I'm loathe to give it another go really..

How were you using them before?

If you are not super-dry, maybe do the hydrating lotion on its own?

When using the Aromessence, you are literally putting your fingertip on the opening of the bottle, and inverting it, on 3 fingers. It's not designed for you to use any more than that, really.

But if you had a super-bad reaction, then maybe do a patch test on each of the products to see what results occur.

You're all getting me tempted too & I don't usually bother with Decleor TSVs.
I do like Hydrafloral though & did buy the August one with the huge Prolagene gel.
Does anyone find that using the facial oil in the morning, even just the three finger turn over method, gives their face a yellow tinge? It seems to do on me though I confess I'm deathly pale, BM Fair shade.

I remember AY saying to apply Decleor oils on a damp face as the oil spreads/applies better. I have never heard FB say this on air but it makes sense.

How were you using them before?

If you are not super-dry, maybe do the hydrating lotion on its own?

When using the Aromessence, you are literally putting your fingertip on the opening of the bottle, and inverting it, on 3 fingers. It's not designed for you to use any more than that, really.

But if you had a super-bad reaction, then maybe do a patch test on each of the products to see what results occur.

I have definitely been guilty of using too much product in the past, but am much more conservative now. I was tending to use the lotion in the morning and the hydra floral at night, then a couple of drops of the Aromessence twice a week (which would have been too much from your above description). Was shocked to discover that it was March that I bought this TSV as, like I said, I'm only just getting my skin back on track now. I would describe my skin usually as normal, with occasional slight dryness, and it was drinking in the products. I like trying out different stuff, but it seemed to knock my skin out of balance somehow. Thus concludes my riveting tale! :grin: Thanks for your interest, MML. :happy: xx

I shall be going for the magnolia option even though I'm not fussed about some of the products, it will be well worth it for the oil and the eye cream and I'm up for trying the micellar water. I agree about the bags, mine nearly always go to the charity shop, still in their plastic wrapper.

I have definitely been guilty of using too much product in the past, but am much more conservative now. I was tending to use the lotion in the morning and the hydra floral at night, then a couple of drops of the Aromessence twice a week (which would have been too much from your above description). Was shocked to discover that it was March that I bought this TSV as, like I said, I'm only just getting my skin back on track now. I would describe my skin usually as normal, with occasional slight dryness, and it was drinking in the products. I like trying out different stuff, but it seemed to knock my skin out of balance somehow. Thus concludes my riveting tale! :grin: Thanks for your interest, MML. :happy: xx

It could be that your just skin doesn't respond well to the strongly aromatherapy Decleor products. They work for me, but then other ranges that others report fantastic results with are not at all well-received by my skin. There wouldn't be such a multitude of different formulations and methods of manufacture if we all were the same. I take the view we are all entirely unique, and even if one product is brilliant on your skin, others from the same range will be unsuitable. Where QVC is invaluable is allowing you to do a proper test before deciding to keep the products. If you don't want to waste the products, and don't think you can give them to friends/family used, you could maybe try them on your body? Upper arms are often very dry and would benefit from some TLC... I find the Liz Earle superskin serum a bit too rich and heavy for my skin on a regular basis, so if I've pumped out too much oil, the rest gets slapped on my rather dry and bumpy upper arms.

I think their hand cream is the best of the best, and I love the body lotion. I don't use either hand cream or body lotion anywhere near enough, though. Could definitely do better in that arena.

I would also add, the aromessences last for ages. I unearthed a bottle which is opened, and at least 15 years old. It was kept in the cool and dark and it's perfectly useable - aroma intact and no reaction on my skin. I find it true with most beauty products, even opened... they last much longer than the stated time from the beauty company. They have to be conservative in their estimates for legal reasons, and sales generation reasons. As long as any product whether opened or closed is stored correctly (dark and cool and dry) there will rarely be problems. If in doubt a sniff test and a patch test can allay your doubts.

Hope you found a good range/ranges to keep your skin in good balance now Minx :mysmilie_520:

I like DEcleor hand and body creams as well as Loccy ones. Re the aromessences, I think Fiona has said on air that they do not really have an expiry date as they are so pure. There are no bulking agents which might go off. I think that was the reason any way!

I am just coming to the end of my bottle of the hair/face/body oil which I only used as a face oil at night. It lasted around six months so for the price (£28??) that is good.

i like decleor but it does not like me. elemis is even worse. cant touch clarins even l'occitane eventually the skincare gives me spots but not as fast as the others. alpha h and perricone are my favourites atm. i have good skin and mt friends and family say i look great. so happy

I'm interested in trying the lip balm, the hydra floral day cream and the bath & shower gel, but I don't like the micellar water and I wouldn't now which of the two options to do for either. Will have to think about it. xxx

i like decleor but it does not like me. elemis is even worse. cant touch clarins even l'occitane eventually the skincare gives me spots but not as fast as the others. alpha h and perricone are my favourites atm. i have good skin and mt friends and family say i look great. so happy

I would probably be able to borrow your skincare, but not sure you'd get on well with most of mine, Boffy.

My biggest problem is always hydration... so my best ranges for that are Decléor Hydrafloral, and Murad Age Reform. I do use elemis PCMC, but it's not enough anymore. I use AlphaH but only the liquid gold and balancing cleanser regularly... I use a lot of Clarins products, and really enjoy the L'Occitane skincare. I've not tried any Perricone products.

I like the aromatherapy smells of Decléor, and so far do not have any adverse reactions.

I find it harder to resist a Decléor TSV than any other beauty TSV, to be honest. They offer the best value compared to the individual retail prices - and you can compare because they do full sizes or supersizes - not these disingenuous "made for QVC" sizes.

i tried stryvectin firming cream. made me look ancient my skin was so dehydrated and parched.

i tried stryvectin firming cream. made me look ancient my skin was so dehydrated and parched.

Did it have retinol in it? I find that gives me very dry-looking and feeling skin... I notice from Caroline Hiron's vlogs she does from time to time that when her skin overreacts to the retinols, she seems to go immediately to using oils to address the redness and sensitivity... I tend to just go for the oils now and bypass the retinols (though they are supposed to be one of the truly, proven, anti-ageing products... so I will have to keep trying different ones to find one my skin can cope with).

For me, the best rule of thumb when you get older is to make sure your skin is not dehydrated, and to then use products that don't make your skin look dehydrated... so no to matte, no to anything that sinks into lines and wrinkles, and definitely be careful with powder products. But, as Alison Young has yet to learn, a subtle glow in one skincare or cosmetic product does not have to be supplemented with walloping doses of high-shine highlighter. Leave that for the firm of skin if you have lines, I'd say. Best everyday powder highlighter on an older skin is probably Laura Geller French Vanilla... But everyone's experience is different.

I tried that stryvectin. Gave me lines that definitely weren't there before. Bin. Hydra Floral is great stuff. I don't wear make up so I need something that makes my skin look young and Decleor does it.

CC

It could be that your just skin doesn't respond well to the strongly aromatherapy Decleor products. They work for me, but then other ranges that others report fantastic results with are not at all well-received by my skin. There wouldn't be such a multitude of different formulations and methods of manufacture if we all were the same. I take the view we are all entirely unique, and even if one product is brilliant on your skin, others from the same range will be unsuitable. Where QVC is invaluable is allowing you to do a proper test before deciding to keep the products. If you don't want to waste the products, and don't think you can give them to friends/family used, you could maybe try them on your body? Upper arms are often very dry and would benefit from some TLC... I find the Liz Earle superskin serum a bit too rich and heavy for my skin on a regular basis, so if I've pumped out too much oil, the rest gets slapped on my rather dry and bumpy upper arms.

I think their hand cream is the best of the best, and I love the body lotion. I don't use either hand cream or body lotion anywhere near enough, though. Could definitely do better in that arena.

I would also add, the aromessences last for ages. I unearthed a bottle which is opened, and at least 15 years old. It was kept in the cool and dark and it's perfectly useable - aroma intact and no reaction on my skin. I find it true with most beauty products, even opened... they last much longer than the stated time from the beauty company. They have to be conservative in their estimates for legal reasons, and sales generation reasons. As long as any product whether opened or closed is stored correctly (dark and cool and dry) there will rarely be problems. If in doubt a sniff test and a patch test can allay your doubts.

Hope you found a good range/ranges to keep your skin in good balance now Minx :mysmilie_520:

I don't think any part of me is dry (least of all my face, since the Decleor!), I'm a slave to moisturising! My husband commented the other day that, if I got stranded on a desert island, he thinks my skin would be topped up enough with product to self-moisturise for a good couple of years. :mysmilie_17: That is a good idea about using them on other parts of the body, though, particularly the Aromessences, and it's very handy to know they have a long shelf life. Might gingerly reintroduce them in small doses, when feeling brave. Am back mainly using my L'Occitane and Caudalie now. Caudalie is the least greasy skincare I've ever tried. Has anyone tried the L'Occitane Divine Harmony range? They gave me loads of samples in store, and I really wanted to love it, but it stang my face unfortunately. Probably for the best, as it's ridiculously expensive!

I don't think any part of me is dry (least of all my face, since the Decleor!), I'm a slave to moisturising! My husband commented the other day that, if I got stranded on a desert island, he thinks my skin would be topped up enough with product to self-moisturise for a good couple of years. :mysmilie_17: That is a good idea about using them on other parts of the body, though, particularly the Aromessences, and it's very handy to know they have a long shelf life. Might gingerly reintroduce them in small doses, when feeling brave. Am back mainly using my L'Occitane and Caudalie now. Caudalie is the least greasy skincare I've ever tried. Has anyone tried the L'Occitane Divine Harmony range? They gave me loads of samples in store, and I really wanted to love it, but it stang my face unfortunately. Probably for the best, as it's ridiculously expensive!

i tried the devine oil. nothing heavily scented or over oily suits my skin. the devine oil is gorgeous. i was very very shocked that i did not break out and my skin looked amazing. now to cadge some free samples lol

Latest posts

Back