L'Occitane TSV 27/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes ok!!! But there's no way I could cart all that back on our mega busy local trains. My arms would be dropping off. It's often standing room only on my way home + I also have a 20 minute uphill walk home from the station. It is NOT a pleasant experience on public transport in my area and I do not drive so that is the only way I can get to my nearest city. I am absolutely NOT in any way condoning the P&P charges, I am just weighing up pro's and con's which are personal to me!!!!!!

Some things QVC charge £5.95 p&p for are tiny and could fit in a bag, but yes of course you should do what's best for you, we all should, I didn't meant to offend you. (I'm referring to the exclamation marks)

I bought the Christmas tsv last year (£5.95 P&P which was bad enough) and did like the box and contents. It's a similar set this year but hasn't sold out yet which you'd expect in at least one fragrance by now....so something has put the buyer off....£6.95 P&P certainly has made many of us think twice.

I just caught the last show and not one choice is limited stock. IIRC only the fresh was still there at the end of the night last year. Perhaps people bought a few last year and are still using them up (ahem!). I did prefer the configuration last year to this so others may have felt the same about that as well. Of course we don't know if they got loads more in as last years was so successful. Did they give a sales total at all? I only heard AD say thousands had gone.

I get my L'Occitane soaps from Debenhams or the L'Occitane shops in Brighton or Paris La Défense.

gosh qvc will be flogging this kit to death way into next year thats the downside of failed tsv's and no way will anyone pay the qvc price. it was on maximum easy pays but that always is a red flag that the price point will be compromised :thinking:

Some things QVC charge £5.95 p&p for are tiny and could fit in a bag, but yes of course you should do what's best for you, we all should, I didn't meant to offend you. (I'm referring to the exclamation marks)

Sorry about exclamation marks. I am a big heavy handed with them at times.

I just caught the last show and not one choice is limited stock. IIRC only the fresh was still there at the end of the night last year. Perhaps people bought a few last year and are still using them up (ahem!). I did prefer the configuration last year to this so others may have felt the same about that as well. Of course we don't know if they got loads more in as last years was so successful. Did they give a sales total at all? I only heard AD say thousands had gone.

I saw a bit of one of the presentations yesterday. I used to buy the L'occitane Christmas TSVs without fail but I wasn't remotely tempted by this, it was the same ole same ole, absolutely masses of shower gel/liquid soap, a handcream and some travel sizes, and it was very expensive. I would imagine a lot of people bought the Elemis TSV which had a better selection in my opinion, shower gel, body lotion, hand cream plus cleanser, toner and moisturiser.

L'occitane need to vary their TSVs, they need to put some skin care or hair care in there, and just one enormous shower gel is plenty.

I think the Q mods have given up with the reviews for this TSV - nearly all of them are 1 or 2 star expressing disappointment at the repetition and relative poor value of the TSV/extortionate P&P. Really not good.

There`s currently a thread about L`Occi on QVC facebook page. People saying they didn`t know the brand was tested on animals in China etc.

I won't buy L'Occitane on principle due to the animal testing issue and I love their products - especially the foot cream and hand creams.

I agree the TSVs are boring - if the animal testing situation was satisfactorily resolved I would love a skincare TSV.

the body creams and shower gels and fragances are big hit with me. also the handwashes. but molton brown hanwashes are a big hit with my grandaughter. every single time she washes her hands she asks me to smell how lovely they smell :yawn:

I think the Q mods have given up with the reviews for this TSV - nearly all of them are 1 or 2 star expressing disappointment at the repetition and relative poor value of the TSV/extortionate P&P. Really not good.
That is a very interesting read! I don't think I have ever seen so many reviews from people who DIDNT buy the product, just saying why not. And the issues didn't include postage either, just sameness, lack of value and piddly sizes really.

That is a very interesting read! I don't think I have ever seen so many reviews from people who DIDNT buy the product, just saying why not. And the issues didn't include postage either, just sameness, lack of value and piddly sizes really.

But will they take any notice of the reasons people were put off buying. Alexis always comes across as so smug & self satisfied to me that I don't think anything could make her see it wasn't all just too, too perfect.

I really like L'Occitane products - their men's range is great, the Cade after shave balm in a tube is one of the best out there.

But the TSV didn't do it for me at all. The handwash is really good stuff, but I've got loads of it already, and would feel a bit strange giving it to a friend as a Christmas present. They'd probably think I'd just lifted something from the detergent cupboard.

The hand creams are good too and the scented ones smell really nice, but seriously, £28 value? When a normal one costs, what £18? So they want us to believe that extra smidgen of fragrance costs them £10 a tube? Riiiiiight.

And again, the shower gels, all very nice, but I'm coming down with body washes. So that just leaves a handful of travel sizes (cough)*free samples*(cough) to make up the numbers.

Value wise, it wasn't a bad deal I suppose, and I'm sure some people loved it, but when I saw the price I just worked out how much better I could spend £57-odd on presents.

I think Anne Dawson said at the end of the final hour that over 19,000 had gone, which, for a big-brand beauty TSV on a Sunday so close to Christmas really isn't good enough. But I'm sure QVC and L'Occitane will be happy with the number of other kits they shifted during the day.

Someone on Q`s facebook page has questioned why people are being allowed to leave reviews on the tsv even though they haven`t bought it ? If I were QVC or L`Occitane then I`d be grateful for the feedback telling me why it bombed !
Of course the Q mafiosa only want to read good things but sorry, in my opinion every now and again it does Q no harm to have a little touch of reality on their page. I don`t buy L`Occitane but I`d defend the right of someone who usually loves the brand to say why they were disappointed in the tsv.

I really like L'Occitane products - their men's range is great, the Cade after shave balm in a tube is one of the best out there.

But the TSV didn't do it for me at all. The handwash is really good stuff, but I've got loads of it already, and would feel a bit strange giving it to a friend as a Christmas present. They'd probably think I'd just lifted something from the detergent cupboard.

The hand creams are good too and the scented ones smell really nice, but seriously, £28 value? When a normal one costs, what £18? So they want us to believe that extra smidgen of fragrance costs them £10 a tube? Riiiiiight.

And again, the shower gels, all very nice, but I'm coming down with body washes. So that just leaves a handful of travel sizes (cough)*free samples*(cough) to make up the numbers.

Value wise, it wasn't a bad deal I suppose, and I'm sure some people loved it, but when I saw the price I just worked out how much better I could spend £57-odd on presents.

I think Anne Dawson said at the end of the final hour that over 19,000 had gone, which, for a big-brand beauty TSV on a Sunday so close to Christmas really isn't good enough. But I'm sure QVC and L'Occitane will be happy with the number of other kits they shifted during the day.

the fragrance ones are usually £14 for 75ml & so a fragranced one of 150ml is worth £28 as its 2 x 75ml & so 2 x £14 = £28

i would love to see l'occitane sell it for that price with the shea 150ml one next to it instore. also the 500ml shower gels sell for £20 in the outlets or the sales. its a shame because l'occitane tsv's were that good many years ago with a wide variety of items for under £30 i would buy two or three

Naughty naughty. QVC have currently removed all the reviews for the tsv. I daresay they`ll only repost the good ones.

the fragrance ones are usually £14 for 75ml & so a fragranced one of 150ml is worth £28 as its 2 x 75ml & so 2 x £14 = £28

Except if you follow that logic, and take as an example the 30ml of the regular shea butter hand cream at £8, it's like saying the 150ml tube, at five times the size, is £40 worth of value. Which it isn't.

I rarely post on this forum, tonight is probably the first time in a year

Should I go to Specsavers or does that say you've posted four times since August? That's life I'm afraid, you're allowed to actually comment on things you dislike, but if you've lurked on this brilliant forum long enough, you'll also see people praising other retailers, but let's be honest, you can't say QVC is a good retailer, that'd be a lie.

I lurk as I use a tablet that doesn't automatically log me in and I've had so many issues with my password on this site most times I don't bother to log in. I never said QVC are prefect, far from it, I rarely buy from them now and if I do it's only TSVs. Like most people I got fed up with paying postage for items I returned so now I am far more selective in what I buy which has eliminated my returns.

I just find the amount of negativity on this forum to be generally very high, so high that I find it bizarre that people would spend so much time slagging off a retailer, goods, and presenters of a website they watch.

Personally the only hours I watch are Kipling, more to work out what not to buy, than to buy, and I always hunt for the cheapest seller, which is never QVC. Although I did get a lovely Syro bag in clearance earlier this year :)

Latest posts

Back