Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love bobble hats and don't care how stupid people may think I look :happy:

I bought one from Next which is black (no sparkle) with a neutral coloured fake fur bobble. I wore it yesterday when I went to the seaside, it kept me lovely and warm and my hair didn't end up a frizzy mess which it would have done without a hat. There did seem to be loads of people wearing them.

Ooh battered Walnut Whip? :mysmilie_506:

A nice alternative to deep fried Mars bars :mysmilie_5:

Ooh, I'm gutted I've missed "Hatgate". Does anyone have a link or can advise me where I can catch a glimpse of this New Year Treat??! I do know women who are having a mid-life crisis & think they look fabulous & "with it" when they wear the current fashion trends. Don't get me wrong, I like to be fashionable & know what suits me but I don't dress like my teenage nieces. Look around you next time you go out & look at how many mothers & daughters dress the same (& I don't mean grown up daughters, it's a bit weird)

Ooh, I'm gutted I've missed "Hatgate". Does anyone have a link or can advise me where I can catch a glimpse of this New Year Treat??! I do know women who are having a mid-life crisis & think they look fabulous & "with it" when they wear the current fashion trends. Don't get me wrong, I like to be fashionable & know what suits me but I don't dress like my teenage nieces. Look around you next time you go out & look at how many mothers & daughters dress the same (& I don't mean grown up daughters, it's a bit weird).
By the way I DO wear bobble hats & wore them day & night last year until my hair grew back but even when I was ill, I chose carefully so I didn't look like a twerp!!

Ooh, I'm gutted I've missed "Hatgate". Does anyone have a link or can advise me where I can catch a glimpse of this New Year Treat??! I do know women who are having a mid-life crisis & think they look fabulous & "with it" when they wear the current fashion trends. Don't get me wrong, I like to be fashionable & know what suits me but I don't dress like my teenage nieces. Look around you next time you go out & look at how many mothers & daughters dress the same (& I don't mean grown up daughters, it's a bit weird)

If you go on Q's website and select Shop QVC TV, then TV Guide, you can then select 31st December at 8pm (it says Catherine Huntley for some reason, don't know if Jill filled in at short notice), and watch the show back. :)

I saw a young woman with a leather Baseball type cap with a large peak and a fur pom-pom on top now that did look silly imo.

Thank you for the link, have just investigated. Well it looked ridiculous but I think that was because she was indoors with a chiffon blouse on! It might look OK on a winter walk in outdoor clothes. I have two bobble hats, a tall one like that in navy and a shorter black one, both from M&S. They both look pretty awful on me I have to say, my face is far too round to suit the look.... and too old, LOL. I got them specifically for snowy days. Needless to say, like my Nordic poles and spare sets of wintertrax, it has not snowed ONCE in SW London since I bought them. I was spurred on to buy all this stuff by that dreadful winter when the snow managed to bring even London buses to a halt because there was so little ploughing. As Boris said at the time, even the Luftwaffe didn't manage that!!!!!

I have a bobble hat, fairisle with a knitted bobble and I look ridiculous in it but I only wear it when I`m over the fields with the dog. My labrador isn`t at all fussy to be seen out with me and apart from the odd pheasant, duck or rabbit and once in a blue moon someone on horseback or walking their dog, my guilty secret of loving my warm fairisle bob hat is safe. Along with my waterproof trousers, North Face coat, goretex walking boots and thermal vest I must look as if I`m an escapee from SAS selection !

Thank you for the link, have just investigated. Well it looked ridiculous but I think that was because she was indoors with a chiffon blouse on! It might look OK on a winter walk in outdoor clothes. I have two bobble hats, a tall one like that in navy and a shorter black one, both from M&S. They both look pretty awful on me I have to say, my face is far too round to suit the look.... and too old, LOL. I got them specifically for snowy days. Needless to say, like my Nordic poles and spare sets of wintertrax, it has not snowed ONCE in SW London since I bought them. I was spurred on to buy all this stuff by that dreadful winter when the snow managed to bring even London buses to a halt because there was so little ploughing. As Boris said at the time, even the Luftwaffe didn't manage that!!!!!

It has not snowed here either since I bought my wintertrax several years ago. I bought my parents some too - I bet if it did snow they would not be able to find them. My dad has probably made something out of them!

I don't suit hats either - face too round I reckon, but when it is cold I don't care - on it goes. Haven't got one with a bobble on though.

Thanks so much Minx in Space! Well...I've watched it & didn't really know what to expect but I don't get it!! Why, why, why is Jill wearing a sparkly pavlova on her head indoors when she has a head of hair? I honestly don't know what to think but whatever we think of her, I have heard she does like a laugh so maybe someone has dared her to wear it on TV. I've suspected for a long time that the presenters dare each other to say daft words or set each other a challenge. It seems like Jill maybe doing what she did last New Year too, wearing different nail colours instead of her usual Porchester Square. Maybe her friend saw the hat, thought of Jill as it's OTT sparkly & bought it as a light hearted pressie, who knows? I wonder if June had a tantrum because I know I would if I had spent all that time tonging her hair! Whatever the reason, it's given us all a laugh & please everyone, keep wearing your bobble hats! For some reason they always make me smile & if someone has a daft one on, they make me laugh. I do tend to wear my more unusual ones if I'm going somewhere crowded in case I lose sight of hubbby/friends so they can find me & just think, if the studio lights blow, Jill will light up better than a set of Bethlehem Lights. Next year I reckon Jill will be wearing sparkly fairy wings!

For once I have decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she was just being festive.

Mind you if she wears it indoors again I won't be so charitable as once is fun twice is being a t**.

I have a bobble hat, fairisle with a knitted bobble and I look ridiculous in it but I only wear it when I`m over the fields with the dog. My labrador isn`t at all fussy to be seen out with me and apart from the odd pheasant, duck or rabbit and once in a blue moon someone on horseback or walking their dog, my guilty secret of loving my warm fairisle bob hat is safe. Along with my waterproof trousers, North Face coat, goretex walking boots and thermal vest I must look as if I`m an escapee from SAS selection !

Let's hope the pheasants didn't die laughing!

Jill Franks looks rather haggard tonight. Her face looks like a tea tray that's been etched and had some eyebrows drawn on with a marker pen. She keeps making some rather animated, snatchy grasping movements with her scrawny hands on the Diamonique show. Her facial expressions come across as rather pained as though she is desperately trying to convey sincerity. She would be OK if just shut up for a minute and let her guest speak. I wish she'd refrain from using the "word" "gifting."

I thought that she has been looking a lot better on her return from her sick leave. Not sure if like JK she also managed a holiday in between but whatever it seems to have done her the world of good.

Has she been off sick ? well she clearly hasn't got better then.

I know we all want to look younger, whatever age we are, but Jill is looking like Olive Oyl with her stick legs and platform heels - (aren't they so passe now ?) and the way she crosses her legs like a little girl. Sorry Jill its not working, you're a women in your 50's, and from the back you probably look fine, but turn around and the face doesn't match the new blonder hairstyle. All your 'loving' every beauty product on the planet is clearly a waste of time. Harsh I know, but the truth always hurts.

I thought that she has been looking a lot better on her return from her sick leave. Not sure if like JK she also managed a holiday in between but whatever it seems to have done her the world of good.

Every time I switch on QVC, Jill is on!
Never ever been a fan but recent shows she's been laughing and interacting well with the guests in a friendly manner! Think I'm beginning to like her :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back