Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been keeping quiet the last 24 hours as I was deeply ashamed to admit to you on here, after all my gloating about how I was resisting the TSV and praising others who resisted, that I went for it myself and on AD. It was the price that swung it and the fact I did like the sound of most. HOWEVER, fate seems to have stepped in and I don't see an order on my account page. If it hadn't been despatched, wouldn't it still show as In Process by now? I think I may have omitted to submit/confirm my online order. I was completely devastated when I realised just now but already I'm calming down and reminding myself of my own arguments against buying (mainly the vast quantity of wax pressing on my spare room floorboards and the embarrassment of all the storage space taken up). I'm still so jealous reading of the excitement of those of you anticipating delivery. Please give me some sympathy, fellow forum members.

I've been keeping quiet the last 24 hours as I was deeply ashamed to admit to you on here, after all my gloating about how I was resisting the TSV and praising others who resisted, that I went for it myself and on AD. It was the price that swung it and the fact I did like the sound of most. HOWEVER, fate seems to have stepped in and I don't see an order on my account page. If it hadn't been despatched, wouldn't it still show as In Process by now? I think I may have omitted to submit/confirm my online order. I was completely devastated when I realised just now but already I'm calming down and reminding myself of my own arguments against buying (mainly the vast quantity of wax pressing on my spare room floorboards and the embarrassment of all the storage space taken up). I'm still so jealous reading of the excitement of those of you anticipating delivery. Please give me some sympathy, fellow forum members.

AndiK, you definitely have my sympathy as part of me is still majorly regretting cancelling my order - as you say, it was astoundingly good value with the free P&P and most of the smells sounded lush (to me) but I guess we were both resisting for good reason, so it does sound like 'fate' has intervened in your case...have you called CS to see if maybe it just isn't showing up on your account? What I have failed to disclose is that I snapped up the duo of Peach & Lavender and Water Garden which I've been after for ages, but my justification is that neither of those scents will be appearing in melt cup form.

AndiK, you definitely have my sympathy as part of me is still majorly regretting cancelling my order - as you say, it was astoundingly good value with the free P&P and most of the smells sounded lush (to me) but I guess we were both resisting for good reason, so it does sound like 'fate' has intervened in your case...have you called CS to see if maybe it just isn't showing up on your account? What I have failed to disclose is that I snapped up the duo of Peach & Lavender and Water Garden which I've been after for ages, but my justification is that neither of those scents will be appearing in melt cup form.

Thank you. You are one of the people I was most embarrassed to admit my (phantom) purchase to as well, so it means a lot! All the same, I apologise for my hypocrisy.

If I order on the iPad, I usually do a screenshot of the order page so I checked and note that, although it looks just like a confirmation of order page, there's no actual order number. I thought I might just have done the screenshot a bit early but have now called and confirmed there is no actual order. I am probably more annoyed with myself than disappointed. At least in future, if I'm ordering something I really, really want, I will be reminded to double-check I've placed the order properly.

I am a huge believer in fate. This wasn't meant to be. I HATE to miss a bargain but maybe there's something better with my name on (believe me, I'll be looking - already spotted there are two Yankee shows next Saturday!) or maybe I'll smell these candles in shops and not really like them.

Hope you love the duo you bought. Let us know what they are like when they arrive.

I don't know what to say Andi!!!! At first it was who cares if you decided to go for it, it was such a great buy that you were well justified. Now it should be never mind, think of all the dosh you have saved and who wants them anyway!!!! I always order by phone so I can blame them if it all goes wrong. This year's selection sound wonderful to me as there is an almost complete lack of real foody fragrances. That means if they bring over a special foody collection or AD I can easily avoid it. I truly hope we don't get loads of Portrait ranges this year as they were my downfall last year and saw the stash get out of control. I would like to see a few World Journeys though as they are in my daytime stash. I did see a YC blog which reckons that they are back in production, yay!

I shall be at an American art exhibition at the Royal Academy on Monday. I shall absolutely whizz round to minimise my absence from home, LOL. My last delivery came very late in the afternoon, unusually, so let's hope the same thing happens if it comes then.

:mysmilie_59:

Oh, what a shame that you thought you'd got it & then found not, so disappointing. I don't blame you at all for giving in, it was such a bargain & a rarity for Q to give us free p&p.
I was just wondering, as it went to advanced orders, if there was a chance of still getting it like that? Did you ask when you rang? Or there's just a chance that someone's order fell through because of payment problems. Worth an ask, maybe?

I see it's still available. Still free p&p but now costs £52. You could try calling their bluff, say you definitely ordered it, especially as you've got a screen shot of the order confirmation, but it seems to have gone wrong at their end & isn't showing on your account? So should be the TSV price for you, as they still have some.

I don't know what to say Andi!!!! At first it was who cares if you decided to go for it, it was such a great buy that you were well justified. Now it should be never mind, think of all the dosh you have saved and who wants them anyway!!!! I always order by phone so I can blame them if it all goes wrong. This year's selection sound wonderful to me as there is an almost complete lack of real foody fragrances. That means if they bring over a special foody collection or AD I can easily avoid it. I truly hope we don't get loads of Portrait ranges this year as they were my downfall last year and saw the stash get out of control. I would like to see a few World Journeys though as they are in my daytime stash. I did see a YC blog which reckons that they are back in production, yay!

I shall be at an American art exhibition at the Royal Academy on Monday. I shall absolutely whizz round to minimise my absence from home, LOL. My last delivery came very late in the afternoon, unusually, so let's hope the same thing happens if it comes then.

:mysmilie_59:

And again, thanks for the sympathy and support! By the way, I am saying all this in a sad but lighthearted way, of course - not in a wailing social media poster sort of way.

Yes, I can certainly see it both ways. Had the three jars been on their way to me this week, I would have been thrilled and I would have been very happy that I got a bargain, but now they are not, I can feel better about the slightly faster diminishing stash.

Is that right about World Journeys? I love those too. Hope they bring some gorgeous fragrances at irresistible prices.

PS Enjoy the exhibition. Don't forget we want your feedback on the TSV candles, cold or otherwise.

Oh, what a shame that you thought you'd got it & then found not, so disappointing. I don't blame you at all for giving in, it was such a bargain & a rarity for Q to give us free p&p.
I was just wondering, as it went to advanced orders, if there was a chance of still getting it like that? Did you ask when you rang? Or there's just a chance that someone's order fell through because of payment problems. Worth an ask, maybe?

I see it's still available. Still free p&p but now costs £52. You could try calling their bluff, say you definitely ordered it, especially as you've got a screen shot of the order confirmation, but it seems to have gone wrong at their end & isn't showing on your account? So should be the TSV price for you, as they still have some.

Ah, thank you, Breeze. It's good to know people can appreciate how I feel!

When I rang, as I didn't want to hold for too long, I pressed 1 for an automated update on my latest order and it told me about my last beauty order. Right, much as I don't like begging, especially to QVC, I will call back as you suggest and see what they say. Highly unlikely they will give me any kind of deal, especially as I am not a high spending customer like I was six months ago (in fact, there are probably notes on my account about how stroppy I've been about Amexgate!), but it's worth a try. They can only say no and at least that will reinforce my conviction than fate didn't want me to get it!

Well, I called. They have very kindly offered me the TSV at yesterday's price on Advance Order but there's no option of getting the Auto Deliveries. I suppose it did sell out quite early on AD so it's not so surprising. It's a shame, though, as I was most interested in ADs 2 & 3. I may yet cancel my Advance Order first trio even. You see how conflicted I am!

Thanks for putting the suggestion in my head, Breeze. The outcome has fed my bargain obsession and buying 3 jars feels better than buying 12, however cheap!

Oh, I'm glad you were able to get the one. As you say, you haven't missed out but haven't the guilt of future money spoken for ( unlike me :blush:) . But I'm not going to beat myself up about that as I have very few Yankees as yet & it was a bargain way to start. My downfall is makeup, before that it was jewellery ( till it all got naff) so I'm about due another obsession :mysmilie_17:

Oh, I'm glad you were able to get the one. As you say, you haven't missed out but haven't the guilt of future money spoken for ( unlike me :blush:) . But I'm not going to beat myself up about that as I have very few Yankees as yet & it was a bargain way to start. My downfall is makeup, before that it was jewellery ( till it all got naff) so I'm about due another obsession :mysmilie_17:

You have the perfect excuse, Breeze. If I didn't have so many candles or had used up more, I would have been straight in on that bargain TSV and probably all the other offer sets yesterday as well! I wouldn't have thought twice.

I've done the nail polish and handbag obsessions and come through the other side. Lately, like you, I've bought too much make-up but I've cut back nicely. I do need to use up and stop buying other beauty (face and body) products though.

Thank you. You are one of the people I was most embarrassed to admit my (phantom) purchase to as well, so it means a lot! All the same, I apologise for my hypocrisy.

If I order on the iPad, I usually do a screenshot of the order page so I checked and note that, although it looks just like a confirmation of order page, there's no actual order number. I thought I might just have done the screenshot a bit early but have now called and confirmed there is no actual order. I am probably more annoyed with myself than disappointed. At least in future, if I'm ordering something I really, really want, I will be reminded to double-check I've placed the order properly.

I am a huge believer in fate. This wasn't meant to be. I HATE to miss a bargain but maybe there's something better with my name on (believe me, I'll be looking - already spotted there are two Yankee shows next Saturday!) or maybe I'll smell these candles in shops and not really like them.

Hope you love the duo you bought. Let us know what they are like when they arrive.

Oh AndiK, I feel for you - I too felt incredibly guilty buying the AD and was immensely relieved when I cancelled it...which was swiftly followed by something akin to sorrow!!!! However I am of similar mind that sometimes things happen for a reason and certainly I didn't experience a twinge of doubt or guilt when I snapped up that duo, so hopefully something equally as desirable will catch your eye to make you feel better :) I'll report back once I start burning them!

Blimey Andi,getting that set at TSV price was an achievement!!!!!

Now you say that, I have to agree. The guy in CS couldn't have been nicer - firm about it only being a confirmed order if it has an Order Ref Number but sympathetic about it being an easy mistake on my part.

Oh AndiK, I feel for you - I too felt incredibly guilty buying the AD and was immensely relieved when I cancelled it...which was swiftly followed by something akin to sorrow!!!! However I am of similar mind that sometimes things happen for a reason and certainly I didn't experience a twinge of doubt or guilt when I snapped up that duo, so hopefully something equally as desirable will catch your eye to make you feel better :) I'll report back once I start burning them!

It does sound like it was meant to be for you there as well. We can all be happy in the end! Maybe there's something better coming up and fortunately, as soon as the good offers appear or are even hinted at, someone on here posts about it.

By the way, are the Coastal Living candles in the (bigger) shops now? If not, do we know when they will be? I have been threatening a visit to Brent Cross for months and so I am thinking if I went in the next few days, I could see if I actually like those TSV scents before my Advance Order is due. Also, are the ranges the subsequent 2017 drops come from due for release every 2-3 months?

By the way, are the Coastal Living candles in the (bigger) shops now? If not, do we know when they will be? I have been threatening a visit to Brent Cross for months and so I am thinking if I went in the next few days, I could see if I actually like those TSV scents before my Advance Order is due. Also, are the ranges the subsequent 2017 drops come from due for release every 2-3 months?

they should be as the costal living was released on the 1st march & rest of info is here http://www.waxaddicts.co.uk/2017-ukeurope-information/4592638190

Definitely Coastal Living series is out in the Brent Cross store, hence me not going for the TSV as I was underwhelmed by them.

they should be as the costal living was released on the 1st march & rest of info is here http://www.waxaddicts.co.uk/2017-ukeurope-information/4592638190

Thanks - I didn't think to check Wax Addicts. It seems the Havana collection (AD2) is released on 1 May, too.

Definitely Coastal Living series is out in the Brent Cross store, hence me not going for the TSV as I was underwhelmed by them.

Thanks, MML. I recall you saying that now. That really helps.

My TSV arrived yesterday!! I was gobsmacked when our neighbour dropped it in. Haven't burnt them yet, but they smell gorgeous! Far superior to the last two TSV's, which - as I said - were a mixed bag. Hope they burn well, will start testing them tonight.

Garden by the Sea - Think Rosa described this one really well, when she said it was like walking past hanging baskets on the coast. It's got a pretty mix of soft florals with the aquatic notes in the background. The delicacy of it reminds me a bit of Yankee's Verbena.

The other two are harder to describe. Both fresh and aquatic, the Sea Air one maybe with slightly powdery undertones, and the Coastal Living one I'd probably describe as slightly sweeter.

That's annoying for you, Andi, but I'm glad you were at least able to secure the first drop at the TSV price. You have nothing to feel ashamed about, you have been a veritable paragon of virtue since Amexgate! :nod::mysmilie_50:

I, too, am in need of a new obsession to take over from the makeup, but I don't want candles to be it, as they take up so much space and I know what I'm like when I get into something! :mysmilie_13: Six months down the line and we'd be needing to install a purpose built mezzanine!

Latest posts

Back