Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Like me, many of you will have been deeply saddened that Reg Varneys 'Engage with Success' seminar has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

Let me make it absolutely clear that this has had nothing to do with the fact that not enough people were stupid enough to stump up £597 quid for a snake oil selling weekend in Rutland. I quote from his own web site :

“With Reg's personal guidance you would have discovered your life purpose, prioritized your goals, and discovered the proven steps to achieving anything you want. You would have got clear on what we really want from life and created an action plan and the support system you need to make it happen, plus you would have had loads of fun too. The experience and transformations participants would have had at this event would have been truly profound.”

Personally I had liquidated a few tons of my old Bid TV purchases, selling 38 halogen ovens, 22 Ocean TV sticks and 200 bottles of Argon Oil in order to fund my weekend of a lifetime. You can imagine my disappointment when the event did not go ahead.

The event was organised through Reg's own firm - Belle & Beqster Enterprises. A quick online check shows just what sort of 'success' we could have 'engaged with'.

A company with a net worth in 2013 of £8,529 (yes really – I haven't missed any zeros), quickly grew to a dizzying £11,011 in 2014. (At this point Richard Branson was considering a hostile takeover.) In 2014 it had fallen to £7,246 (and I gather that Branson started to loose interest.)

See the attached financials for the last 3 years.

View attachment 14514

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/08340680/BELLE-AND-BEQSTER-ENTERPRISES-LTD/financials

In 'Engaging with Success' circles I believe these results are referred to as a 'downward facing success trajectories'.

Now looking forward to enrolling for the 2018 seminar!!:mysmilie_14:

He's had his fingers in a few pies when you have a nosey. He was even sharing a business with old certificate wielding Tom 'Flakey' Frake (Moissanite/Watch Expert) at one point :mysmilie_11:

She looked bigger to me when I've seen her over the past couple of weeks - in fact, I wondered if another little one was on the way (no, not a brain cell or a "how not to screech" lesson - a kiddie). Some time back she was preaching to us about how the Jane Plan had changed her life - well, it certainly changed her dress size.....it moved upwards. If she's going to go on about how much weight she's lost she should consider a move to a radio channel.....amazingly, Sal, we can see what you look like, and it's been painfully obvious that the Jane Plan was not the miracle you said it was.
Yeah, I was looking forward to hearing how she was getting on with the Jane Plan diet some months back. She was not even sampling the food cooked in the halogen oven hours cos she was 'on the Jane Plan'. Well she didn't appear to look any different and I suppose I could have missed how she did, as I'm really not glued to the channel..........yes really :wonder: .....but

next time Jane was on a couple of months later, Foghorn never said a dickie bird about herself being on it??????????????

Last edited:
Lee, can I say how much I've missed hearing your name called out by the presenters - please ring in and buy another 300 halogen ovens before stocks run out. Can I also suggest that the phrase 'downward facing success trajectories' be replaced by 'downward plunging success trajectories'?
Like me, many of you will have been deeply saddened that Reg Varneys 'Engage with Success' seminar has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

Let me make it absolutely clear that this has had nothing to do with the fact that not enough people were stupid enough to stump up £597 quid for a snake oil selling weekend in Rutland. I quote from his own web site :

“With Reg's personal guidance you would have discovered your life purpose, prioritized your goals, and discovered the proven steps to achieving anything you want. You would have got clear on what we really want from life and created an action plan and the support system you need to make it happen, plus you would have had loads of fun too. The experience and transformations participants would have had at this event would have been truly profound.”

Personally I had liquidated a few tons of my old Bid TV purchases, selling 38 halogen ovens, 22 Ocean TV sticks and 200 bottles of Argon Oil in order to fund my weekend of a lifetime. You can imagine my disappointment when the event did not go ahead.

The event was organised through Reg's own firm - Belle & Beqster Enterprises. A quick online check shows just what sort of 'success' we could have 'engaged with'.

A company with a net worth in 2013 of £8,529 (yes really – I haven't missed any zeros), quickly grew to a dizzying £11,011 in 2014. (At this point Richard Branson was considering a hostile takeover.) In 2014 it had fallen to £7,246 (and I gather that Branson started to loose interest.)

See the attached financials for the last 3 years.

View attachment 14514

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/08340680/BELLE-AND-BEQSTER-ENTERPRISES-LTD/financials

In 'Engaging with Success' circles I believe these results are referred to as a 'downward facing success trajectories'.

Now looking forward to enrolling for the 2018 seminar!!:mysmilie_14:

Lee, can I say how much I've missed hearing your name called out by the presenters - please ring in and buy another 300 halogen ovens before stocks run out. Can I also suggest that the phrase 'downward facing success trajectories' be replaced by 'downward plunging success trajectories'?

Hi HM

I would love to start buying more of IW's quality offerings.
The £400 'lucky bag' watches look particularly attractive. The free wash bags have really swung it for me.
Unfortunately the nurses have locked away my credit card as part of my ongoing treatment.

Lee :mysmilie_13:

He's had his fingers in a few pies when you have a nosey. He was even sharing a business with old certificate wielding Tom 'Flakey' Frake (Moissanite/Watch Expert) at one point :mysmilie_11:

You know Momma, I’m not in the least bit surprised that Mr Frake was sharing a business with Paul Becque.

As Ideal’s most decorated/certificated jewellery expert, he has a hard-won reputation for only working with people of the highest integrity... Mossie.jpg

(Talking of integrity, I wish to make it abundantly clear that Paul Becque's business "Belle & Beqster Enterprises" is to be in no way associated with the entirely fictitious "Bellend & Shyster Enterprises".)

Call me strange... but I have a suspicion that Sally Jaxxx doesn't exercise and certainly doesn't use anything to do with IW if she ever did.

What? How can you say such a thing, when you know she's honest, truthful and transparent......we can see right through her.

Call me strange... but I have a suspicion that Sally Jaxxx doesn't exercise and certainly doesn't use anything to do with IW if she ever did.

Ideal World are tonight selling a 'NUU N5L' Android smartphone for £89.99+£4.99 P&P also including free Kitsound Ribbon earphones. De Knees said that this doesn't cost £600, which it shouldn't given its 8 megapixel camera and Android Lollipop operating system; impressive for a 3 year old phone but not for something sold in 2017 :mysmilie_59:

This cutting edge piece of technology also has 1GB RAM :mysmilie_15:

Ideal World are tonight selling a 'NUU N5L' Android smartphone for £89.99+£4.99 P&P also including free Kitsound Ribbon earphones. De Knees said that this doesn't cost £600, which it shouldn't given its 8 megapixel camera and Android Lollipop operating system; impressive for a 3 year old phone but not for something sold in 2017 :mysmilie_59:

This cutting edge piece of technology also has 1GB RAM :mysmilie_15:

Also maybe this was just a bad "touch" or soft "swipe" but on more than a few occassions when Janice tried to swipe or touch a tab on said phone it was either slow to react or didnt react at all!

This show was a classic example of why the IW presenters get the reputation from us on here, I had to google this phone as I had simply never heard or seen it before, Now as Price Plunge points out its a 3 year old system on this phone, the phone was cheaper than most on todays market.........Its cheaper for that reason plus the 1GB RAM etc, But Den simply just couldnt say get the home for £100 this is what it has you get what you pay for blah blah..............no no Den suggested this phone should really be in the regions of £400 £500 £600 £700 maybe even £800!!!

Bull Denice and you know thats bull its never in those price ranges! and Janice sits tight lipped, Keep it simple say what it is and dull down the undeed hype!

Another 'fashion' POD and the models and sizing are all over the shop again. The one that does all the fitness stuff, Lynda, is an 8/10 and very often says she's wearing a Large! She's tiny and bear in mind, the telly adds a few pounds, so she'd look even smaller in the flesh. Surely she'd almost always wear a small??

Earlier, Lyn, who I've heard many times say she's 12/14, was wearing the Large!

Now I just tune in to Jo trying to offload a few more and she's saying the Large is a 16/18???????

Confused? Just a bit :confused:

Drinking game....take a shot each time the "tech expert" says "Apple iPad" during another hour where they offload ancient iPad 3's to unsuspecting customers. Not quite sure why she needs to keep saying Apple iPad instead of just iPad. But I guarantee you are going to need a new liver by the end of the hour.

edit: I assume the sneaky get out is saying it runs 9. odd software version. Which is completely and utterly useless and misleading unless you state what the latest models use. Or if you understand tech and know to check these things. But of course they are pushing this to people who want something easy to use.

Gulp! £549 for a refurb iPhone 6 plus 16gb model!!!

Or go to Apple and get a brand new 32gb model for £599.

Last edited:
Another 'fashion' POD and the models and sizing are all over the shop again. The one that does all the fitness stuff, Lynda, is an 8/10 and very often says she's wearing a Large! She's tiny and bear in mind, the telly adds a few pounds, so she'd look even smaller in the flesh. Surely she'd almost always wear a small??

Earlier, Lyn, who I've heard many times say she's 12/14, was wearing the Large!

Now I just tune in to Jo trying to offload a few more and she's saying the Large is a 16/18???????

Confused? Just a bit :confused:

it's almost like they are trying to convince the larger ladies that they are ''just like them''

Gotta love Ken Dodd and Reg Varney trying to push bonded leather as a big plus point for those reclining chairs. Next they'll be pushing luxury wooden furniture and then excitingly telling you it's MDF :)

Smart Turnout Watches

Did anyone have the misfortune to see the 'military inspired' Smart Turnout watches??

http://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/smart-turnout-london-officer-watch-with-swiss-movements-and-leather-strap-421942

The quality looks similar to things I have had out of christmas crackers and all for the bargain price of £225 quid!! (you don't get a paper hat with them either).

All presented by an increasingly bizarre/incoherent Peter Simon accompanied by George Osborne. Most of DP'sentences make no sense whatsoever and the words within them have probably never previously been seen together and never will be again.

It is quite bizarre seeing Dirty Peter waffling on, and watching the bemused faces of the guests with him :)

I noticed earlier Reg Varney said he would mention later on in the show how to care and feed your bonded leather furniture. Didn't watch the whole hour to see if he did or not. But decided to google just what you do to look after it. The first site I came across starts off with "bonded leather is a material made up of scraps of leather glued with other materials, most often used to cover bibles" :)

How come they haven't used that as a sales pitch yet. I can imagine Reg putting on his best sincere voice ..."bonded leather, used to cover bibles. If it's good enough for God, it's good enough for your living room. So come on....pick up the phone"

According to the two Shaun's these bonded leather chairs wont be around for long..................

Such great quality and heres the bonus ball, These bonded leather chairs would be GREAT for people with mobility issues as its just so so easy to slide into! Also again according to bearded Shaun he woke up today with a wee pain in his shoulder but fear not! Hey presto...........as luck would have it this chairs massage function is doing the trick of mending said ailment! One more thing folks keep in mind Shaun has saw chairs being sold on ideal world for £2000!!! Most people couldnt make this stuff up.....................but a few people maybe could make it up!!!

Once again Ideal World just say this is a comfy plastic chair for £500 with free delivery delivered by an everyday lorry/van by two people on close to minimum wages, But no not IW presenters its all £2000???, platinum delivery, mend those ailments blah blah!

Enough of the big balls malarkay!!!!

According to the two Shaun's these bonded leather chairs wont be around for long..................

Such great quality and heres the bonus ball, These bonded leather chairs would be GREAT for people with mobility issues as its just so so easy to slide into! Also again according to bearded Shaun he woke up today with a wee pain in his shoulder but fear not! Hey presto...........as luck would have it this chairs massage function is doing the trick of mending said ailment! One more thing folks keep in mind Shaun has saw chairs being sold on ideal world for £2000!!! Most people couldnt make this stuff up.....................but a few people maybe could make it up!!!

Once again Ideal World just say this is a comfy plastic chair for £500 with free delivery delivered by an everyday lorry/van by two people on close to minimum wages, But no not IW presenters its all £2000???, platinum delivery, mend those ailments blah blah!

Enough of the big balls malarkay!!!!

Its surely only a matter of time before we are presented with Dr. Cringles bonded leather shoes as the must have fashion item for this autumn..

Did anyone have the misfortune to see the 'military inspired' Smart Turnout watches??

http://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/smart-turnout-london-officer-watch-with-swiss-movements-and-leather-strap-421942

The quality looks similar to things I have had out of christmas crackers and all for the bargain price of £225 quid!! (you don't get a paper hat with them either).

All presented by an increasingly bizarre/incoherent Peter Simon accompanied by George Osborne. Most of DP'sentences make no sense whatsoever and the words within them have probably never previously been seen together and never will be again.

Talking about bizarre and incoherent has anyone actually read the 'About the Brand' section of that link? I've never seen something so ridiculous in my life. I swear someone is taking the proverbial. It's further proof (if any were needed) that this channel treats its customers with contempt.

The first paragraph alone is glorious (spelling mistakes and all). I swear this is verbatim ...

After a 10 year career in the Scots Guard, Philip (the founder) was given the opportunity to ride in the Grand Military an annual horse race, ridden over thirty fences at Sandown Racecourse in South West London. Philip needed to look his very vest, especially because the odds of them winning were 100-1. The racing colours designed were knitted by a wonderful woman called Sheila and with many compliments on the regimental colours used this soon led into a venture into the watch industry.

:mysmilie_1::mysmilie_1::mysmilie_1:

In the next paragraph we learn that 'Smart turnout' is actually a military term meaning "to look your absolute best, and have a stylish appearance about one's self."! :mysmilie_15:

Someone thinks that the customers of this channel are mugs. To be honest, they probably aren't far wrong.

Ken Dodd and "sincere" Nanty were lying together on the dormeo mattress last night, and were trying to explain how amazing and popular Dormeo mattresses are. They did this by saying they had sold over a million of them in forty countries over the last 10 years. 1,000,000 divided by 40 is 25,000. 25,000 divided by 10 is 2,500. Is that good figures? They sell 2,500 per year in forty countries? I have no idea but doesn't seem that impressive when you break it down.

Latest posts

Back