Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Saw a few seconds of Sal yesterday flogging some exercise equipment. Going on about fat round the middle of your body and how bad it is. And its not just her saying that, its the NHS, nurses, doctors etc. It was a really smug presentation about how you must deal with it and, wot a surprise, she was selling exercise equipment. She was inplying you had no choice but to buy it. I didn't by the way...

This is the woman who swears by her shapewear too? Uh huh...

Saw a few seconds of Sal yesterday flogging some exercise equipment. Going on about fat round the middle of your body and how bad it is. And its not just her saying that, its the NHS, nurses, doctors etc. It was a really smug presentation about how you must deal with it and, wot a surprise, she was selling exercise equipment. She was inplying you had no choice but to buy it. I didn't by the way...

Have you noticed how many presenters, who may or may not be overweight, promote this junk and have this and that at home and we need one of these or one of those. I've just got two words for them all on telly selly land "PORTION CONTROL"

Have you noticed how many presenters, who may or may not be overweight, promote this junk and have this and that at home and we need one of these or one of those. I've just got two words for them all on telly selly land "PORTION CONTROL"

I hope you're talking about food :mysmilie_11:

We all know the answer "eat less and exercise more". We don't always (myself included) manage to achieve this! I liked the bit in the news this week saying people from 40 to 60 years of age don't exercise enough, and that a brisk walk for 10 minutes would be beneficial to our health - I have rheumatoid arthritis and was having a flare up of symptons and I was walking very slowly and painfully - I was shouting at the TV saying"I'd ****** well like to"! I am afraid I am officially a grumpy old woman... (well, middle aged actually).

I love it when Gollum is trying to sound all caring and intelligent. Sat there last night talking about the Dormeo mattress and supposedly being a sleep expert now! He does his best to sound convincing, but to my ears it doesn't quite work when he can't even pronounce words properly.....somethink, nothink, everythink ...the list goes on. Hard to take him seriously when he doesn't know how to speak.

I love it when Gollum is trying to sound all caring and intelligent. Sat there last night talking about the Dormeo mattress and supposedly being a sleep expert now! He does his best to sound convincing, but to my ears it doesn't quite work when he can't even pronounce words properly.....somethink, nothink, everythink ...the list goes on. Hard to take him seriously when he doesn't know how to speak.

Any sentence with the words "Gollum" and "intelligent" in them just make me laugh. I know exactly what you mean.

Any sentence with the words "Gollum" and "intelligent" in them just make me laugh. I know exactly what you mean.

Hi all

Rather nervous newbie member here.

Longtime lurker on the forum who, being a bit of an insomniac, is an ex Bid TV addict who misses the late nights featuring Andy Hodgson and Jenoir of the french valleys (but not may of the rest of them to be honest!). They were the days.

Now get my fix of car crash TV by occasionally dipping in to IW.

Love the forum - you certainly have the cards marked for the current shower at IW!

'Lee'

Ahhhh, Paul Burque you absolute arse. On earlier with loopy Janice the GTECH woman, he is doing his usual over the top excited/shouty bits when she mentions certain features...."I never knew that....I never knew it did that....I didn't know it only weighed that" he keeps barking out.

Later on she mentions something and he has the answer: GTECH lady is surprised. "yeah, I watched the show yesterday so I already knew that"

So all your oohing and ahhing was lies then as you already knew? Would you pay this compulsive liar for motivational training?

Hi all

Rather nervous newbie member here.

Longtime lurker on the forum who, being a bit of an insomniac, is an ex Bid TV addict who misses the late nights featuring Andy Hodgson and Jenoir of the french valleys (but not may of the rest of them to be honest!). They were the days.

Now get my fix of car crash TV by occasionally dipping in to IW.

Love the forum - you certainly have the cards marked for the current shower at IW!

'Lee'

Hello Lee,
Welcome to the Forum! Are you "The" real Lee from Ventnor? If so, may I bow before you and say, you have been mentioned on here many times, but some (not myself), doubted you were actually a real person. It must still be rather full at your gaff with all the stuff you used to buy according to the shout outs from bid tv. :mysmilie_17:

Full respect to Lee from V, we've all bought our share from these channels.

Take me for example, I was convinced that Lizzie G could help me but please .......:mysmilie_59:

IMG_0074.jpgIMG_0025.JPG

Foghorn Jacks can't pronounce words correctly Cobalt is pronounced Coldbolt by Jacks and Sarcastic is pronounced Sar car stick by the awful Jacks woman to name but a few,wish that Foghorn Jacks would leave IW.

Foghorn Jacks can't pronounce words correctly Cobalt is pronounced Coldbolt by Jacks and Sarcastic is pronounced Sar car stick by the awful Jacks woman to name but a few,wish that Foghorn Jacks would leave IW.

I think she does it just to annoy you Amy. She seemes to be doing a good job! :mysmilie_17:

Last Friday's watch show with Peter Simon and Kevin 'Kevski' Reynolds was unintentionally amusing in places. It can be viewed here: http://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/vostok-world-exclusive-blockbuster-2660273?channel=IW

The very start has Peter with one of his over-the-top introductions but at least "The enigma of humour" did make me smile, then skip forward to 18.30 to hear what Kevski had to say about the overnight bag which Pete had remarked upon as being "stunning". Whatever you may think of Kevski you can't accuse him of not having a sense of humour because he then said: "There isn't a presenter that's touched that, that hasn't said exactly the same - Shaun, Mike Mason, Paul Becque" :mysmilie_15:

Then Pete called the bag "this luggage of arrangement of leather" :mysmilie_59:

Last Friday's watch show with Peter Simon and Kevin 'Kevski' Reynolds was unintentionally amusing in places. It can be viewed here: http://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/vostok-world-exclusive-blockbuster-2660273?channel=IW

The very start has Peter with one of his over-the-top introductions but at least "The enigma of humour" did make me smile, then skip forward to 18.30 to hear what Kevski had to say about the overnight bag which Pete had remarked upon as being "stunning". Whatever you may think of Kevski you can't accuse him of not having a sense of humour because he then said: "There isn't a presenter that's touched that, that hasn't said exactly the same - Shaun, Mike Mason, Paul Becque" :mysmilie_15:

Then Pete called the bag "this luggage of arrangement of leather" :mysmilie_59:

:mysmilie_458::mysmilie_458::mysmilie_458:

Luv it luv it luv it

There is something really off about having an out of shape woman preaching about how we should be exercising more. But foghorn Jacks is doing just that with this Lean Cycle Bike.

What is puzzling though, is that she said she started her health drive yesterday. But for the last few weeks she has been telling us about all the exercise gear she has at home and work and how amazing it is. So how can she only have started her health drive yesterday, unless shock horror......she lied to us!!!!!

Reg Varneys 'Engage with Success' Seminar

Like me, many of you will have been deeply saddened that Reg Varneys 'Engage with Success' seminar has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

Let me make it absolutely clear that this has had nothing to do with the fact that not enough people were stupid enough to stump up £597 quid for a snake oil selling weekend in Rutland. I quote from his own web site :

“With Reg's personal guidance you would have discovered your life purpose, prioritized your goals, and discovered the proven steps to achieving anything you want. You would have got clear on what we really want from life and created an action plan and the support system you need to make it happen, plus you would have had loads of fun too. The experience and transformations participants would have had at this event would have been truly profound.”

Personally I had liquidated a few tons of my old Bid TV purchases, selling 38 halogen ovens, 22 Ocean TV sticks and 200 bottles of Argon Oil in order to fund my weekend of a lifetime. You can imagine my disappointment when the event did not go ahead.

The event was organised through Reg's own firm - Belle & Beqster Enterprises. A quick online check shows just what sort of 'success' we could have 'engaged with'.

A company with a net worth in 2013 of £8,529 (yes really – I haven't missed any zeros), quickly grew to a dizzying £11,011 in 2014. (At this point Richard Branson was considering a hostile takeover.) In 2014 it had fallen to £7,246 (and I gather that Branson started to loose interest.)

See the attached financials for the last 3 years.

Beq2.jpg

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/08340680/BELLE-AND-BEQSTER-ENTERPRISES-LTD/financials

In 'Engaging with Success' circles I believe these results are referred to as a 'downward facing success trajectories'.

Now looking forward to enrolling for the 2018 seminar!!:mysmilie_14:

There is something really off about having an out of shape woman preaching about how we should be exercising more. But foghorn Jacks is doing just that with this Lean Cycle Bike.

What is puzzling though, is that she said she started her health drive yesterday. But for the last few weeks she has been telling us about all the exercise gear she has at home and work and how amazing it is. So how can she only have started her health drive yesterday, unless shock horror......she lied to us!!!!!

Yeah, I was looking forward to hearing how she was getting on with the Jane Plan diet some months back. She was not even sampling the food cooked in the halogen oven hours cos she was 'on the Jane Plan'. Well she didn't appear to look any different and I suppose I could have missed how she did, as I'm really not glued to the channel..........yes really :wonder: .....but

next time Jane was on a couple of months later, Foghorn never said a dickie bird about herself being on it??????????????

Latest posts

Back