Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am firmly of the belief that qvc will take anything away from IW that looks promising to them (ie: greased lightening... somehow)

So the long term items on IW must be ones that qvc simply do not want?

Nanty is getting all excited over this "pro" drone. In fact IW have taken the unprecedented step of brining the black Friday deal of this drone, to today.

Which is frookin weird as they had it on sale the other day as well!!?? The expert is creaming himself, marvelling at how the GPS is keeping it stable. He must have forgotten how he was talking the other day about how they are in a faraday cage. NO GPS signal inside their sunshine....expert my left testicle.

Oh boy....this drone expert... the drone has four gyros, which is 3 more than the number of brain cells he has. "imagine the drone has gone off behind some trees. Press the return to home button and it will fly back"

Yeah straight into the tree that it is flying behind you massive drip!

And "genuinely, you can expect to spend over a thousand pounds for a drone with the same features as this one! says the expert. You mean features like 150m operating distance?

Last edited:
Nanty is getting all excited over this "pro" drone. In fact IW have taken the unprecedented step of brining the black Friday deal of this drone, to today.

Which is frookin weird as they had it on sale the other day as well!!?? The expert is creaming himself, marvelling at how the GPS is keeping it stable. He must have forgotten how he was talking the other day about how they are in a faraday cage. NO GPS signal inside their sunshine....expert my left testicle.

Oh boy....this drone expert... the drone has four gyros, which is 3 more than the number of brain cells he has. "imagine the drone has gone off behind some trees. Press the return to home button and it will fly back"

Yeah straight into the tree that it is flying behind you massive drip!

And "genuinely, you can expect to spend over a thousand pounds for a drone with the same features as this one! says the expert. You mean features like 150m operating distance?

I bet it's so unprecedented that they did it last year... and the year before... and the year before etc.

I know beauty's in the eye of the beholder, etc., but this is an absolutely horrific disaster of a watch (looks even worse in the studio than in this still picture so only knows what it looks like in real life). Just travel to the centre of any large city and look in the window of any high-class jewellers to see a whole array of great-looking watches you could buy instead for your two grand, though of course you can buy that hideous monstrosity for four payments of £550 on Flexi-pay plus don't forget the laughable £8.99 P&P :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 14836
Note that they've called it the "Storm" in order to make it sound a bit more aggressive which is a bit like calling a goldfish "Lion":mysmilie_15:

And according to I'm-not-being-funny-Nanty (who said that twice within three minutes yesterday) they are selling these watches "one by one" - they have miraculously managed to sell a few of them - whilst Kevski said that selling a watch with that movement isn't a "sale" it's an "event". Yes it truly is an event when you've successfully managed to shill something that ugly :mysmilie_59:

A couple of years ago I bought a brand new Hamilton X-Wind Chronograph from timeparadise on eBay for £300. That Watch has the same 7750 movement as that horrible Mathey Storm. Kevinski claims it's one of the best chronograph movements you can get. Well, it's not a bad movement, but to say it's one of the best is plain ridiculous. It's just a bog standard auto chrono movement used in a lot of Watches at various prices.

As far as the Storm goes, I would be embarrassed to wear it!

I bet it's so unprecedented that they did it last year... and the year before... and the year before etc.

Aunt

Nantie said about how much interest there is and buy now because it's going to sell out tonight , strange that because this is the following day in the afternoon and it still hasn't sold out and they are still trying to flog it!!!!how amazing

The pro Drone is junk! The demonstrator is a fraud, no way can he get a GPS signal in the studio Faraday cage, I can't get one at home!!! And stop calling that ****** Camera Mount a Gimbal, a Gimbal it aint!!

Quick update:

Still no sign of any drones for sale on Hamleys website...........more fabrication?

maybe he flogs them on the ''London toy stores'' premises to tourists that should know better. I could believe it.

edit: the toy equivalent of someone selling 'limited' perfume down a market, until the police are nearby

Sigh......those ****** ceramic heaters again last night. Reading up, it seems they are no more efficient than regular electric heaters that have some kind of fan in them.

Plus of course, using an electric heater is always more expensive than using gas anyway. They bang on about buying 2 of them for nearly £500. Not mentioning just how long you would need to use them for before you were possibly making any savings.

Gollum is just the worst though. The usual sheeite that the phones are lit up etc etc. Tie that man down and stick a lie detector on him. One of the most unpleasant individuals I have ever seen on TV, closely followed by South African woman.....just awful.

Sigh......those ****** ceramic heaters again last night. Reading up, it seems they are no more efficient than regular electric heaters that have some kind of fan in them.

Plus of course, using an electric heater is always more expensive than using gas anyway. They bang on about buying 2 of them for nearly £500. Not mentioning just how long you would need to use them for before you were possibly making any savings.

Gollum is just the worst though. The usual sheeite that the phones are lit up etc etc. Tie that man down and stick a lie detector on him. One of the most unpleasant individuals I have ever seen on TV, closely followed by South African woman.....just awful.

I remember Mike Mason saying on Bid TV a few years ago, smugly "you have to buy this product, you've got no choice". I do have a choice actually and that involves turning that crap off.

What do you have against Joanne lol

Mike Mason, I won't bother asking, haha.

I don't see any savings what so ever. A 1000 watt electric heater, is a 1000 watt heater.

so I received another email about IW from this forum... this time it was promoting the IW presenter takeover weekend

''we all know how much mike loves kenwood'' won't that swap with kitchen aid when qvc decide to dump it back on IW?

I assume this has been said a thousand times but... why should we believe the presenters have more say this weekend than usual, when they constantly imply they are personally bringing us deals etc

Gollum contradicting himself last night. Mentioned to the chef bloke during the Kenwood hour that it usually takes around 30 minutes for phones to get busy. So says the bloke claiming the line have lit up and it's monstrously busy minutes after starting most shows.

Gollum contradicting himself last night. Mentioned to the chef bloke during the Kenwood hour that it usually takes around 30 minutes for phones to get busy. So says the bloke claiming the line have lit up and it's monstrously busy minutes after starting most shows.

You must know by now that the entire bunch of them are compulsive liars!

You hear it every day. "The lowest price ever". "This will sell out this hour". "We'll never have this item again". "I've got one of these at home".

One of Sal's presenter picks was the toy bundle today, apparently. She had picked the items to go into the bundle, although it looked remarkably much the same as ever to me. Later she said "I don't know who has made the mistake of putting 16 items in this bundle but er, er............"

I thought you said you had picked it??

One of Sal's presenter picks was the toy bundle today, apparently. She had picked the items to go into the bundle, although it looked remarkably much the same as ever to me. Later she said "I don't know who has made the mistake of putting 16 items in this bundle but er, er............"

I thought you said you had picked it??

Are we really expected to believe that the presenters are picking products for sale? I doubt it very much.

They're certainly giving those grossly overpriced radiators a belting today.

You must know by now that the entire bunch of them are compulsive liars!

You hear it every day. "The lowest price ever". "This will sell out this hour". "We'll never have this item again". "I've got one of these at home".

I love how they struggle to keep up with the lies, when they have to deviate from their usual spiel but naturally it slips back in.

One of Gollum's "presenter picks" (yeah, right) is the refurbished (second-hand) iPad 3 which apparently now has "Limited Stock Available", and he has naturally suggested that it would be a great Christmas gift. Of course if Gollum had really chosen a secondhand defunct tablet as a "presenter pick" it would say volumes about what he thinks of the channel's viewers, namely that secondhand Christmas gifts are fine for Ideal World viewers but I'm betting "her indoors" would throw a tantrum if Gollum gave her a refurbished iPad for Christmas :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back