Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nanty’s still thinking about buying his Mamthat Beldray Hoover that they’ve been shilling for weeks.

Considering how good it’s supposed to be you’d have thought he’d have made his mind up long ago.

You don’t think he’s telling fibs do you? :giggle:

Funnily enough, I tuned in earlier when De Knees was on, just at the point where she said she was 'ordering it today' :dull:

Another thing......Penfold was on with a hard floor cleaner last week and he got out the smelly old mop and bucket that they use. He said 'put your hands up who still uses one of these'......Dirty P put his hand up! He still has a mop and bucket even after all the different cleaners they show and said he was buying?

They are just ridiculous!

I'm just watching the 4pm Swan and Edgar watch show. I've never heard so much rubbish in all my life which is being spouted by the guy from S and E!

The watch they call the race timer is said to be IP plated. It's a stainless steel watch, so why plate a stainless steel watch to make it look like stainless steel? It makes no sense! Perhaps it's just a brass case after all eh? Also, what he calls a tachyometer, (proper name tachymeter) on this watch it is in fact a slide rule.

Another ****** so called expert without a clue!

He stated that he is a 'fourth generation watchmaker', what a spiv

He stated that he is a 'fourth generation watchmaker', what a spiv

Yes - complete spiv !
He also said they tested and rejected multiple prototypes of the pen they give away with the watches ,when in reality it's a bulk bought mass produced cheapie.
Just like the watches.

Nanty’s still thinking about buying his Mamthat Beldray Hoover that they’ve been shilling for weeks.

Considering how good it’s supposed to be you’d have thought he’d have made his mind up long ago.

You don’t think he’s telling fibs do you? :giggle:

Wirral, how can you think he's telling fibs? He has such an honest face (nurse please increase my medication...)

Wirral, how can you think he's telling fibs? He has such an honest face (nurse please increase my medication...)

You should have heard him Mutts, he was laying it on with a trowel with the ‘Mam’ stories : -

‘Me Mam has bad eyesight so the lights will help’
‘Even Me Mam could use this as it’s so lightweight’

Jeez he’s a creep :down:

Funnily enough, I tuned in earlier when De Knees was on, just at the point where she said she was 'ordering it today' :dull:

Another thing......Penfold was on with a hard floor cleaner last week and he got out the smelly old mop and bucket that they use. He said 'put your hands up who still uses one of these'......Dirty P put his hand up! He still has a mop and bucket even after all the different cleaners they show and said he was buying?

They are just ridiculous!

Is it just me Momma or are the lies now ten fold worse than ever?

You’re dead right, they are utterly ridiculous :mysmilie_19:

Is it just me Momma or are the lies now ten fold worse than ever?

You’re dead right, they are utterly ridiculous :mysmilie_19:

No Wirral, it's certainly not just you! To keep up with this lot you need a permanent hotline to the ASA, the lies are coming that thick and fast! Not only the lies but the little stories are just naff beyond belief.

Penfold was selling something with some bottles of cleaner last week. He said that he had phoned the supplier to see if they could get any more stock as they probably wouldn't have enough. He's a domonstrater, very much doubt he would be let near any telephone to phone a supplier?

'It's like a fluid silk' said Sheila Brayshaw.........in reality, it's sweaty POLYESTER

Aye Momma, never has Polyester been sooooooo luxurious.

It’s like when they’re shilling those Cushion Walk monstrosities. ****** most of them are made of ‘effin Plastic!

Plazzy Clogs, soooooo luxurious :mysmilie_19:

Well, it's back to ceramic heaters, hasn't been long since they were constantly being shown.

Now it's the turn of the 1500w to be flogged, last time it was 2000w that everybody was advised to get as, you can't heat a bigger room with the 1500w, but you can heat a smaller room with the 2000w. Must have been left with so many 1500w heaters they've made a pick of the day to get rid of them.

But anyway, today earlier we had Jacks advising folk to buy a coat (a coat that wouldn't be out of place in Harrods window) as the papers are predicting the coldest winter for 30 years, now we have Mason, saying get a couple of 1500w heaters and turn off your central heating this winter.

They are saying it's the presenter takeover for the next 24hours, their favourite products. Mason & the Queen's jeweler are doing Lucian Piccard tomorrow, wonder which idiot has that as their favourite product. :mysmilie_19:

I see one reviewer (they returned watch) said "Package would indicate watch came from China??", well what were they expecting, that's where Made in China watches come from.

Think I'll watch this show, in the mood to send off another complaint to ASA if the need arises.

Just about had a heart attack when I saw this page. :mysmilie_19:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/jewellery/watches/brand--tag+heuer

If I was spending that kinda money on an item, IW would be the last place I would buy from.

Those prices are eyewateringly higher than even mainstream Jewellers like Beaverbrooks!

I seem to recall the dreadful V Channel occasionally used to have tiny levels of stock of one or two ‘proper’ watch brands (and like Ideal World at vastly inflated prices) interspersed with the deluge of usual tatt they sold. I suspected this was perhaps to make punters think they are a bona fide Jeweller.

But we all know that in reality Ideal World mostly sell tatt like Swan and Edgar and Lucien Piccard :down:

Those prices are eyewateringly higher than even mainstream Jewellers like Beaverbrooks!

I seem to recall the dreadful V Channel occasionally used to have tiny levels of stock of one or two ‘proper’ watch brands (and like Ideal World at vastly inflated prices) interspersed with the deluge of usual tatt they sold. I suspected this was perhaps to make punters think they are a bona fide Jeweller.

But we all know that in reality Ideal World mostly sell tatt like Swan and Edgar and Lucien Piccard :down:

I had a look at that V channel, was curious to see what they offered, but after listening to the rubbish from the Lady on that channel, it's not for me, she's worse than Peter Simon and that's saying something.:mysmilie_19:

I had a look at that V channel, was curious to see what they offered, but after listening to the rubbish from the Lady on that channel, it's not for me, she's worse than Peter Simon and that's saying something.:mysmilie_19:

Her name is Liz Fuller and, like GOLLUM, also used to present the appalling Quiz Call that shamelessly ripped off its customers.

Says it all really doesn’t it? :down:

Aye Momma, never has Polyester been sooooooo luxurious.

It’s like when they’re shilling those Cushion Walk monstrosities. ****** most of them are made of ‘effin Plastic!

Plazzy Clogs, soooooo luxurious :mysmilie_19:

...And they leak like buggery! I bought myself some ankle boots a couple of years back, and they're really comfortable and look nice, and because I don't wear them that often they're still in good condition. It was only recently that I discovered that they leak like hell..This is not down to wear and tear like I said I only worn them a handful of times but had never got caught in the rain!..seriously I'd have returned them if I'd known. I'm talking about proper leaking...rain not even that bad and I was carrying a brolley..time I got home my socks were sodden...Never had that happen, only with worn out shoes...even the cheapest crappy work shoes I've bought don't leak..I was so peeved ....I binned them!

They are saying it's the presenter takeover for the next 24hours, their favourite products. Mason & the Queen's jeweler are doing Lucian Piccard tomorrow, wonder which idiot has that as their favourite product. :mysmilie_19:

I see one reviewer (they returned watch) said "Package would indicate watch came from China??", well what were they expecting, that's where Made in China watches come from.

Think I'll watch this show, in the mood to send off another complaint to ASA if the need arises.

Get your £70 pen ready :mysmilie_19:

'Presenter Takeover'........oh not again!

'Why did I pick this as my favourite product?'......I was rota'd on to show it

Get your £70 pen ready :mysmilie_19:

'Presenter Takeover'........oh not again!

'Why did I pick this as my favourite product?'......I was rota'd on to show it

:mysmilie_17:

Just noticed the schedule been changed this morning, the shows aren't on now, strange. On their main page they still have a picture of a Lucien Piccard watch (Contemporary designs), yesterday when you clicked it, it took to to the show details, now it's just a nothing page.

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/

Yet their Lucian Piccard page has the prices reduced in readiness for the shows no longer running.

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/jewell...card?icn=h_tn13_b_lucien-piccard&ici=h_tn13_b

In the background, demo with bowling balls, that really is a very deceiving demo, as though it's somehow connected to the suction power of the Beldray (Beldray 1872, that went out of business in 2004), which it isn't, it's the creation of a vacuum that is raising the balls. The cheapest vacuum with the least suction will do that, if I wasn't retired I could have made a video at my old work just using tap water to create a vacuum in a tube and raise two bowling balls.

Latest posts

Back