Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It seems Joanne is struggling to find anything to say about a genuinely hideous Faux Fur Coat. She’s instead rambling on about some signs on lampposts she has seen that are asking for help to find missing animals.

I mean, we all know that Joanne likes to talk about anything other than the tatt she’s shilling but missing animals?

Bizarre :taphead:

Never seen anybody speak to much and so fast, but say very little. :mysmilie_17:

Oh Mr Mason and his favourite watch again, saying been sold out, but it's been in stock all the time.

Oh and the Seiko VK64 is used in other watches, not just VE or Seiko. Microbrands likeBoldr, Geckota, Helgray, Undone and Hemel all use it.

Switched on this morning to see silly H Green walking along straight lines on the floor to show the size of room these heaters heat then tells us the 1500watt will heat the smaller size of room but guess what the 1000watt will not heat the bigger size of room my god the respect they have for viewers intelligence knows no bounds

Well it's our lucky night, a chance to buy "State Of The Art British Made Watches" Swan And Edgar branded at pick of the day prices.

Yes, that's right, IW claim they are British Made!!! I thought I was hearing things at first, then I heard the claim again. There are lies, damn lies and Ideal World lies, which cap the lot!!!

Switched on this morning to see silly H Green walking along straight lines on the floor to show the size of room these heaters heat then tells us the 1500watt will heat the smaller size of room but guess what the 1000watt will not heat the bigger size of room my god the respect they have for viewers intelligence knows no bounds

The amount of rubbish they speak and amount of times they contradict themselves from previous shows, not only do they think we're stupid, they must think we forget everything they've said before.
That H Green could give Joanne are run for her money at who can speak the most nonsense in a show without taking a breath. It also looks like she's been on one of those "enhance what you say with your hands" courses, annoying as hell.

Well it's our lucky night, a chance to buy "State Of The Art British Made Watches" Swan And Edgar branded at pick of the day prices.

Yes, that's right, IW claim they are British Made!!! I thought I was hearing things at first, then I heard the claim again. There are lies, damn lies and Ideal World lies, which cap the lot!!!

Just wait till Monday, it's the turn of the CCCP Russian watches which are made in China.:mysmilie_17:

You are totally right there! Not only that, those big bulky watches are hideous..I guess there are people who like them and think 'cause they're big and flashy that they'll look classy and expensive....Far from it..they look cheap and ridiculous. I know Rolex sell some pretty hideous chunky watches and charge hideous chunky prices, then you see someone rummaging through the bargain bin down Asda with one on their wrist and you'd be forgiven for thinking it's a fake! I guess one could argue that they're reduced to rummaging through bargain bins 'cause they spent everything they had, put themselves into huge debt to buy the geniune article...But what are you going to do? Spend £50-£100 maybe more on a fake Rolex....you know it's fake, and a basic cheapo watch, but someone might think it's real, or you just want the look without the price tag...or spend £200-£300 on an IW non-entity watch that's nowhere near worth the amount you paid?...and absolutely no chance of anyone thinking you're wearing anything remotely classy or expensive. Better still think about the style you like, the lifestyle you lead and find yourself a decent watch from a reputable brand, in a style you like with a price that's within your budget. Trouble is, is that a lot of these crapola offerings won't be bought by the person who's gonna be wearing them...It'll be a present from a well meaning relative who's been taken in by all the lies and hype..ggrrr!

Merryone, I remember years ago Mikey "Barrowboy" Mason was flogging a nasty watch. He said that if you walk into a pub wearing this watch, all eyes will be on you. That probably happens to him as everyone is thinking "who does this idiot think he is?" I don't watch much IW these days but like to dip into the forum to see if anything has changed...😂

The amount of rubbish they speak and amount of times they contradict themselves from previous shows, not only do they think we're stupid, they must think we forget everything they've said before.
That H Green could give Joanne are run for her money at who can speak the most nonsense in a show without taking a breath. It also looks like she's been on one of those "enhance what you say with your hands" courses, annoying as hell.

Loved Peter S's segment the other night when he was speaking about people 'being cold'. He sounded like one of those announcers who used to come on TV at the end of the evening to warn people to lock their doors/windows, make sure the gas was off and the TV unplugged.

I'm just watching the 4pm Swan and Edgar watch show. I've never heard so much rubbish in all my life which is being spouted by the guy from S and E!

The watch they call the race timer is said to be IP plated. It's a stainless steel watch, so why plate a stainless steel watch to make it look like stainless steel? It makes no sense! Perhaps it's just a brass case after all eh? Also, what he calls a tachyometer, (proper name tachymeter) on this watch it is in fact a slide rule.

Another ****** so called expert without a clue!

I'm just watching the 4pm Swan and Edgar watch show. I've never heard so much rubbish in all my life which is being spouted by the guy from S and E!

The watch they call the race timer is said to be IP plated. It's a stainless steel watch, so why plate a stainless steel watch to make it look like stainless steel? It makes no sense! Perhaps it's just a brass case after all eh? Also, what he calls a tachyometer, (proper name tachymeter) on this watch it is in fact a slide rule.

Another ****** so called expert without a clue!

It's just a farce really, he went on about the design team spending months designing these watches, god knows what they are spending months on, cause it can't be designing as most of the watches seem to exist already. Just a five minute search and I found three of the watches on Ali, and another two, which have been described as unique, they are using a similar style as two Earnshaw watches but the dial configuration has been turned/flipped 180 degrees.

Nanty is shilling a Wool and Silk Duvet.

To reaffirm the natural qualities of the Duvet he says that when he ‘mistakenly buys and wears’ a Polyester shirt that it makes him sweat profusely under the hot studio lights.

I betcha he doesn’t use that analogy when he’s shilling the endless Polyester tatt clothes that Ideal World sells :mysmilie_59:

This October review from trustpilot.com confirms everything that's been said on this forum about the quality and 'authenticity' of Ideal's watch brands:https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

Liars, Cheats and Scammers

Take my advice and DO NOT be tempted to buy anything from this company, especially watches, of which they sell many. Some of the many names they sell are Earnshaw, Ballast, Avi-8, Swiss Legend, Swiss Eagle and now CCCP. None of these watches are what they are made out to be, especially Swiss Legend and Swiss Eagle which they claim are fully hand built in Switzerland. I fell for it and ordered one of their so called 'Swiss Made' watches and when it was delivered it came from HONG KONG. All the names mentioned are supplied from a company called Dartmouth Brands who have offices in New York and London, but dig a little deeper and they are in fact a CHINESE company based in Hong Kong. I found out accidentally because not only was the watch they sent me the wrong model, but it was broken and had the crown missing. It didn't come with any receipt or invoice so I had no means of returning it as it hadn't come from Ideal World but from China. I've emailed their hopeless overseas customer services on numerous occasions and just get stupid replies back, one even said 'We are sorry the clothing we sent you doesn't fit and would ask you to return it'!!! I still have their 'Swiss Made' CHINESE watch and I've had to contact my credit card company to put a block on them taking anymore payments. If that doesn't resolve it then the next port of call will be Peterborough Trading Standards and OFCOM and put an end to their lies and deceit in selling Swiss Made watches that are in reality made in China. They're now selling supposedly Russian watches under the name CCCP, and guess where they are made too?!!! Ideal World are a nightmare company, fine when everything goes right, but a horror story when it goes wrong, as seems to be the norm looking at these reviews. Avoid them at all costs.

Nanty is shilling a Wool and Silk Duvet.

To reaffirm the natural qualities of the Duvet he says that when he ‘mistakenly buys and wears’ a Polyester shirt that it makes him sweat profusely under the hot studio lights.

I betcha he doesn’t use that analogy when he’s shilling the endless Polyester tatt clothes that Ideal World sells :mysmilie_59:

:mysmilie_19:

That'll be them thinking the viewers are thick and forgetful again.

BTW sent an email to them last night about their CCCP show, Shaun being wrong saying a watch he was showing had a Slava movement when it actually had an Seiko NH35. Also suggested it might be beneficiary to the viewer if they actually explained that CCCP are not a Russian brand. The way the mixed in the Slava Watch Factory's history and Heritage as they are speaking about the CCCP brand, kinda suggests/misleads the viewers into the mistaken idea that CCCP/Slava are connected to each other, and that CCCP are therefore a Russian brand, which they are not.

I did get a reply this morning saying they take complaints seriously and my email has been passed to the relevant dept and I'll be hearing back. (didn't get that last time with Ballast, had to go to ASA for them to take notice) Which leads me to something funny i heard that Denise said yesterday or day before, can't remember off hand what the product was, but she was saying something like what she was saying was true as we have ASA compliance officers and we can only say and state things that are true and factual. Thought to myself, well your compliance officers aren't very good then. :mysmilie_19:

oh Delorean now, you can bet they will not make any effort to explain to the viewers, that these have nothing do with Delorean Motor company or are they official DMC watches.

And Constantin Weisz as well, those watches that Peter Simon often claims are made in Cologne, on the banks of the Rhine. :mysmilie_19: (ok a couple of specials are made in Germany, but the vast bulk are made in China).

oh Delorean now, you can bet they will not make any effort to explain to the viewers, that these have nothing do with Delorean Motor company or are they official DMC watches.

And Constantin Weisz as well, those watches that Peter Simon often claims are made in Cologne, on the banks of the Rhine. :mysmilie_19: (ok a couple of specials are made in Germany, but the vast bulk are made in China).

Sometimes he says they are made ' on the banks of the Cologne !'.
Caroline the Constantin Weisz ambassador used to claim that the watches are 'designed in Germany' and Pope Peter would bang on about the 'German engineers' .
Caroline would try and moderate him by repeating that the 'design' was German ,but that wouldn't stop his ranting.
I think Ideal World are on very thin ice now with their misrepresentations of the cheap mass produced Chinese watches that they are passing off as Swiss .

Caroline the Constantin Weisz ambassador used to claim that the watches are 'designed in Germany' and Pope Peter would bang on about the 'German engineers' .
Caroline would try and moderate him by repeating that the 'design' was German ,but that wouldn't stop his ranting.
I think Ideal World are on very thin ice now with their misrepresentations of the cheap mass produced Chinese watches that they are passing off as Swiss .

They'll never stop their lies, they've been doing it for so long now, that they know they can keep on getting away with it. The only way to stop them, would be to pull the plug on them!

Here's an IW customers review of his "state of the art British made" Swan And Edgar watch.

Very cheap and nasty product
31 October 2019
I ordered the Swan and Edgar Moonface watch and free pen, however I can't recommend either, they are extremely cheap products and would value the watch at about £20 and the pen at £1, so not sure how Ideal World can sell this low quality product I expect better.

Yeah, she was using the "designed in Germany" last night. Although she isn't the worst, she doesn't do enough to dispel the impression given that C. Weisz watches are German made. I've said it before but it's really funny how, Peter Simon has praised engineers in Russia, Germany, Switzerland etc, but never once China, where the engineers actually are from. :mysmilie_19:

By the looks of things, you have to complain about each individual brand show to ASA before they will take notice, the last Ballast show was much better since ASA was involved, but it looks like they, as you say, will continue to misinform the viewers with other brands until they are brought up on them by ASA. Saturday should be fun, Lucian Picard, the not so Swiss brand are on that night.

Think I heard one of them say they have a watch week coming up, should be good for a laugh, Peter Simon & Co in overdrive. :mysmilie_19:

Added another watch to my collection today, definitely will not be seen on IW, Seiko SARX045, great looking watch.

Nanty’s still thinking about buying his Mamthat Beldray Hoover that they’ve been shilling for weeks.

Considering how good it’s supposed to be you’d have thought he’d have made his mind up long ago.

You don’t think he’s telling fibs do you? :giggle:

Added another watch to my collection today, definitely will not be seen on IW, Seiko SARX045, great looking watch.

I've just been on the internet and bought a Galton & Simpson Four phase semi-automatic with genuine Faux leather strap. G&S have been in existence for decades and are considered by many to be one of the leading heritage brands. Each G&S time piece (actually, I should say collectors piece)is designed by artisans then painstakingly hand built by craftsmen on the banks of the Yangtze. I'm over the moon with my purchase. Don't worry I'm going to insure it. A true heirloom in the making.

Latest posts

Back