Best guests

• Thread starter Deleted member 21102
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm really surprised that QVC didnt capitalise on crafting shows during lockdown, imagine the revenue they could have made by the captive audience with nothing to do but spend money on shopping channels, and buying stuff to do craftwork ! they certainly missed a trick there.

The craft shows with Dawn Bibby and others, were great, and I still have boxes of glitter that I bought all those years ago - and considering the prices charged in Hobbycraft, were a bit of a bargain back then.

Leighton Denny was fab, still miss him. I like Ouida who does Ronni Nicole. They used to have a lovely US guest for Carole Hochman. Mehmet from Ottoman Silver.

For sheer entertainment value Suarti took some beating... And dear departed Lenny from Nina Leonard.

Lovely voice and real passion: Dominique Dinuart from Taxco Traditions.

I also like Cathy Kangas and Doris Dalton.

Dare I say I will always tune in if I'm around when Ruth Langsford has a show.

Loved Joan Collins shows with her sidekick Peter the make-up artist...boy were they scared of her at Q.

Joan Rivers was good fun, if a little vulgar at times. Thank you for reminding me about Suarti and her wonderful dancing. Who was that lady that used to do the crafts years ago, Carole Smith? I bought a lot of things from her in the past and also Anna Griffin.

I think my favourite was that lovely Dutch man that used to be on the gardening show with his Gark but he was sadly sent back to the Netherlands with his tail between his legs for mentioning "doggy ****". Miceal, I hold you totally responsible :poop::poop::LOL::LOL:

CC

Joan Rivers was good fun, if a little vulgar at times. Thank you for reminding me about Suarti and her wonderful dancing. Who was that lady that used to do the crafts years ago, Carole Smith? I bought a lot of things from her in the past and also Anna Griffin.

I think my favourite was that lovely Dutch man that used to be on the gardening show with his Gark but he was sadly sent back to the Netherlands with his tail between his legs for mentioning "doggy ****". Miceal, I hold you totally responsible :poop::poop::LOL::LOL:

CC
😂😂😂imagine Joan Rivers on Q now, presenters would be terrified of what she might say, I remember when she was selling glasses 🤓 and said they would make it easier to read the small print on your divorce papers😊

I adored Joan Rivers. There are a couple of interviews on YouTube when she appeared on The Graham Norton Show. I must have watched them a dozen times each, very near the knuckle but no less hilarious for it. Definitely worth a watch, even if it's just to see the other guests reactions when she says something a bit risque.

I adored Joan Rivers. There are a couple of interviews on YouTube when she appeared on The Graham Norton Show. I must have watched them a dozen times each, very near the knuckle but no less hilarious for it. Definitely worth a watch, even if it's just to see the other guests reactions when she says something a bit risque.
I loved her sense of humour, I like comedians that are a bit risqué like Rickie Gervais.

Reading this thread reminds me that most of the best guests are/were the dear departed. So sad how they all just disappeared, never to be seen again. Thanks everyone for the memories and keep them coming!

Yes, come on QVC can we have some nostalgia hours where you get back some of the old things. I liked those Thomas Pacconi Christmas ornaments in the wooden boxes and the lovely musical boxes they used to do. What about Hermlyn clocks? Or maybe even just a few re-runs of some of the old shows, just viewing, not buying. Won't make them any money I suppose.

Yes, come on QVC can we have some nostalgia hours where you get back some of the old things. I liked those Thomas Pacconi Christmas ornaments in the wooden boxes and the lovely musical boxes they used to do. What about Hermlyn clocks? Or maybe even just a few re-runs of some of the old shows, just viewing, not buying. Won't make them any money I suppose.
If they scour the back of the warehouse shelves, they probably still have some stock to go with the nostalgia hours!

Latest posts

Back