Elemis Old Stock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When I see any Elemis sets which are heavily marked down like the set you got, I am very wary and avoid them. I saw that set when they showed it on it TV and I was like hmmmm that must be old stock. It is shocking they keep doing it. If they are honest about it and give the real reason sets are discounted, people will still buy as long as they know it has a short shelf-life and to use within 6-12 months.
Exactly! Tell people we are reducing this set as it’s got a shorter shelf life. That is honest and transparent. But Keeley keeps bleating on about how they would never sell old stock and all her little hangers on start clucking away…. She hasn’t come out of the old stock saga at all well.

Yes, and we have been guilty on here, including me. We talked about our stockpile bought because it was such a great deal. I have often said I have enough skincare to keep a small South American country going. Now, it is not all Elemis and I do have a method of what needs to be used first.
I am trying very hard to reduce my stockpile. I’ve checked the dates of manufacture on my Elemis products and will use them up in date order. Going forward, I am trying to buy only what I will use now or in the next few months. And I am very wary of Elemis…

I’ve just seen there’s another post on the Elemis Skin Stories at QVC Facebook page about a duo that someone has bought and one of the items has only 10 months left on it.

I’ve just seen there’s another post on the Elemis Skin Stories at QVC Facebook page about a duo that someone has bought and one of the items has only 10 months left on it.
Well now that post is very interesting….

Someone has stated that the minimum legal shelf life is actually 6 months…. And Keeley has responded… that’s correct but we like to try and stick to 12 months as a rule normally. Now then….. for someone who has been ranting how products have to have a minimum of one year she appears to have changed her tune…. And she is being called out for it on that post!
So beware! Any Elemis you buy may only have 6 months of shelf life…
Totally unacceptable

Yep it was the 200ml Essence that the person bought

What I can’t understand is why Elemis apparently has such a poor stock control system ? A company’s ’waiting to be distributed’ stock is too expensive to hold onto - ingredients & manufacturing processes paid for, storage space very expensive. Why would they leave it in the warehouse for 2 years before selling it ? Just doesn’t make sense.

What I can’t understand is why Elemis apparently has such a poor stock control system ? A company’s ’waiting to be distributed’ stock is too expensive to hold onto - ingredients & manufacturing processes paid for, storage space very expensive. Why would they leave it in the warehouse for 2 years before selling it ? Just doesn’t make sense.
It doesn’t make sense, you are absolutely correct. And this is a big global company… Also, the sets they sell are all mixed up… some really old products and some new. Its really weird.
And we can’t blame QVC because Elemis would have to send the ducts to them…

Yep it was the 200ml Essence that the person bought
It looks like this was a different one, the person posting was asked by Keeley which set it was and it was the marine essence and marine cleanser set for £39, although the 200ml essence is also mentioned on the post.

It looks like this was a different one, the person posting was asked by Keeley which set it was and it was the marine essence and marine cleanser set for £39, although the 200ml essence is also mentioned on the post.
Oops didn't notice she said cleanser too.

I really don't get this. If you've old stock then reduce the price, tell everyone why it's reduced and watch it fly off the shelf? Why try and hide it amongst TSVs and other new sets? It just reduces customer confidence surely? If you've tons of stock nearing it's sell by date then why not do a totally transparent end of shelf life TSV? 6 products for £50? They'd sell them out within 10 minutes? Just my thoughts.

CC

I really don't get this. If you've old stock then reduce the price, tell everyone why it's reduced and watch it fly off the shelf? Why try and hide it amongst TSVs and other new sets? It just reduces customer confidence surely? If you've tons of stock nearing it's sell by date then why not do a totally transparent end of shelf life TSV? 6 products for £50? They'd sell them out within 10 minutes? Just my thoughts.

CC
Exactly. Instead we have Keeley spouting what is quite frankly a complete load of BS…. she’s just making herself look ridiculous.
An end of shelf life TSV would be brilliant! Oh but then they couldn’t urge us to buy for our mum sister best friend Childs teacher postie and the milkman could they…😂

Perhaps they didn’t bargain on customers finding out how to determine the use-by dates from their codes ?
Or probably like me, and I suggest, most other people, don't know, or care, about the dates and just use them, accepting that they have 12 months or whatever time is spouted for the product concerned.

I’ve just received an order that I placed directly with Elemis. The Naked Cleansing Balm has a manufacture date of June 2022 and the Marine Moisture Essence was June 2021. I am really disappointed, it seems that it’s not just their QVC customers that they are fobbing off with old stock. I’ve spent a small fortune with them in the past, but this will be the last I buy from them. Time to look at a different brand.

I’ve just received an order that I placed directly with Elemis. The Naked Cleansing Balm has a manufacture date of June 2022 and the Marine Moisture Essence was June 2021. I am really disappointed, it seems that it’s not just their QVC customers that they are fobbing off with old stock. I’ve spent a small fortune with them in the past, but this will be the last I buy from them. Time to look at a different brand.
That's even worse then my tan accelerator that I bought in May last year (again direct from Elemis) with a manufacture date of February 2021!

I would contact their customer service. You should get a replacement.

Gone are the days when you went to your local chemist and picked up a moisturiser used it until the pot was empty then and only then did you buy anather.
I was only saying to someone the other day that I remember when 'olive oil' was something you'd go to the chemists for, not Sainsburys. And you wouldn't put it on your pasta, either...

She looked at me like I was an antique. :(

Or probably like me, and I suggest, most other people, don't know, or care, about the dates and just use them, accepting that they have 12 months or whatever time is spouted for the product concerned.
I think you're right as I previously had a stash where things must have been years old or gone out of date and I've still used them but when you're buying an expensive brand like Elemis it's nice to know which items you need to use first as they have the shortest shelf life. Surely active ingredients will be less effective if products have gone out of date or are close to it. It seems underhand somehow to charge high prices without disclosing a product was made 3 years ago.

CC

I thought the old stock issue was just products sold on Q not elemis direct. That's really disappointing. That's me done with the brand.
I also recall the small medicinal bottle of olive oil we always had in the cupboard for a few ailments, never thought i would end up buying fancy types and putting it on salads and pasta dishes!

Latest posts

Back