Gemporia still sinking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As I say I am sorry for confusing you but affluent is usually used to describe comfortably off people with disposable income not the super rich.
I am happy that you're feeling apologetic, as the internet doesn't agree with you.

This is why companies like Gemporia don't want viewers rushing off to the internet to check what they say.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-28-20-58-01-06_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-28-20-58-01-06_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 31
My view has not changed. I was never looking for anyone to agree with me just have the space to express an opinion which is what the forum is here for. Different views are healthy. I am just surprised how many nerves my comments have touched.

I am just surprised how many nerves my comments have touched.
Probably because it wasn't the disagreeing that was the problem - it was the tone in which you replied.

You also insulted the majority of the forum in one post - which is probably why you're getting a frosty reception from others on here today too.

Probably because it wasn't the disagreeing that was the problem - it was the tone in which you replied.

You also insulted the majority of the forum in one post - which is probably why you're getting a frosty reception from others on here today too.
I was just expressing an opinion which was not popular and clearly touched nerves. I suggest you look at your responses to.me and consider whether appropriate.

I was just expressing an opinion which was not popular and clearly touched nerves. I suggest you look at your responses to.me and consider whether appropriate.
You both don't need to keep dragging this up. If you cannot be civil then put each other on ignore.

You both don't need to keep dragging this up. If you cannot be civil then put each other on ignore.
That is fine with me. The thread is very anti Gemporia and comments that differ from those expressed by the small group of regular contributors are not treated respectfully.

All this hoo-ha reminds me that I owe you an apology. I was publicly rather rude to you a few months ago, and I am very sorry for that.

Reading the posts over the last few days has driven home to me that there's absolutely no need, or an excuse, for rude and insulting behaviour on this forum.

I am very sorry for my behaviour.

All this hoo-ha reminds me that I owe you an apology. I was publicly rather rude to you a few months ago, and I am very sorry for that.

Reading the posts over the last few days has driven home to me that there's absolutely no need, or an excuse, for rude and insulting behaviour on this forum.

I am very sorry for my behaviour.
It's fine, honestly. I'd forgotten what it was about until you mentioned it earlier so I had to have a look to jog my memory.

My post perhaps wasn't worded the best which may have contributed to some confusion. The problem with forums is that we can't see each others expressions and have to rely on how wording comes across. I tend to type a lot - but quickly - so it perhaps didn't come across as well as I'd intended.

You weren't rude or insulting though. You didnt cross the line. You were direct and to-the-point which is fine.

Unlike the saga yesterday which was totally uncalled for and resulted in everyone that had replied in that post being insulted. It totally crossed the line. Even more bizarre is the fact that she singled me out for heavily criticising Gemporia - something which she has done on many occasions herself. Weird.

It's fine, honestly. I'd forgotten what it was about until you mentioned it earlier so I had to have a look to jog my memory.

My post perhaps wasn't worded the best which may have contributed to some confusion. The problem with forums is that we can't see each others expressions and have to rely on how wording comes across. I tend to type a lot - but quickly - so it perhaps didn't come across as well as I'd intended.

You weren't rude or insulting though. You didnt cross the line. You were direct and to-the-point which is fine.

Unlike the saga yesterday which was totally uncalled for and resulted in everyone that had replied in that post being insulted. It totally crossed the line. Even more bizarre is the fact that she singled me out for heavily criticising Gemporia - something which she has done on many occasions herself. Weird.
Thank you for not beating me over the head about it, anyway.

I suspect that many died in the wool fans of Gemporia are having a difficult time coming to terms with how the company is behaving now. That's if they allow themselves to consider everything that's happening there in an objective manner.

But then there are those who just want to troll and cause trouble. You see it on social media with conspiracy theorists and followers of evangelism: they enjoy winding up anyone whose opinion differs from theirs. Then they probably go back to their echo chambers and crow about how they've shown up those who differ from them.

But the interactions of the last few days are... Interesting. I don't know how someone can honestly post critiques of something, then out of the blue attack others for doing the same.

Whatever the story behind that is, it's obvious that you've been labelled the chief instigator of the anti-Gemporia resistance movement 😏

I don't belong to the "anti-Gemporia resistance movement". I wish this company all the best.

However, I agree with many of TMWNN's posts. He does a good job exposing Gemporia's flaws.
I was being sarcastic, due to the accusations made over the last few days.

Nobody here wants Gemporia to fail: they're doing a great job of bringing that about themselves.

What people want is for the company to ditch all the dodgy practices, and do better. But they don't seem to want to do any of that.

That is fine with me. The thread is very anti Gemporia and comments that differ from those expressed by the small group of regular contributors are not treated respectfully.
I wouldn't say it is anti Gemporia, just people expressing where they feel Gemporia are falling, not as good as they were etc...

And in many cases it seems the Advertising Standards Authority also agree that Gemporia's practices are questionable - at the least.
Yep. But still continue to only offer warning after warning.

Perhaps they'd save us, and themselves, some time by finally saying "enough is enough - this is your final warning - and more dubious sales tactics that result is referrals to us WILL result in a 24 hour broadcasting suspension. IF it happens again after that you'll be suspended for a week. IF it happens again after that, you can kiss goodbye to your broadcasting license completely".

I also think that ASA adjudications should be made against presenters - not just companies - otherwise those presenters can leave, go elsewhere, and begin their dodgy speeches again at a new channel knowing that they start with a 'clean slate' because the adjudication was made against their former company - not themselves.

If presenters were held to account for what they say, then it would force them to think before they speak too.

Then again, if that were to happen, there'd be barely any selly telly TV presenters left - the likes of Peter 'not only' Simon, and Mike 'wifeslashgoddess' Mason, and 95% of the current Gemporia presenters would have been banned ages ago.

I find it amusing that there seems to be a belief amongst certain members that, if all criticism of bad and dubious selly telly processes and on air selling were to stop, the various selly telly channels would magically improve and remain on air forever more.

It's amusing because Gemporia got itself into a total mess through financial mismanagement, overextending the company, and coming to rely on flogging any old overpriced tat to try and improve cashflow.

While the zombie channel that was Ideal World Mk2 died a death by continuing to do exactly what almost killed off its first incarnation: not paying its staff and suppliers, and again relying on overpriced tat to try and get it out of trouble.

I can't see anything to show that either Gemporia or TJC's version of Ideal World have learned anything at all after the shopping telly car crash that was 2023. And it doesn't matter what we say or don't say on here. If either or both channels fail, it will be the respective management teams who will be to blame.

I find it amusing that there seems to be a belief amongst certain members that, if all criticism of bad and dubious selly telly processes and on air selling were to stop, the various selly telly channels would magically improve and remain on air forever more.
If anything, us criticising these channels shows their arrogance about how they think they know best.

Its clear presenters have read this forum - yet they have had little digs at us - dismissing our very legitimate issues and continued with their 'carry on regardless' approach.

People were complaining on their social media channels about the continual Troth lectures. Gemporia dismissed them by responding with "our viewers like to be educated". The complaints continued on their Facebook page. Did they take them on board? No. They dismissed them again by taking away the feature to leave comments on their Facebook page? So, they had that many people complaining, rather than taking their comment on board, they just took away the option to stop them from speaking out.

They don't like being told! Then they wonder why they're struggling!

Latest posts

Back