Gemporia still sinking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If anything, us criticising these channels shows their arrogance about how they think they know best.

Its clear presenters have read this forum - yet they have had little digs at us - dismissing our very legitimate issues and continued with their 'carry on regardless' approach.

People were complaining on their social media channels about the continual Troth lectures. Gemporia dismissed them by responding with "our viewers like to be educated". The complaints continued on their Facebook page. Did they take them on board? No. They dismissed them again by taking away the feature to leave comments on their Facebook page? So, they had that many people complaining, rather than taking their comment on board, they just took away the option to stop them from speaking out.

They don't like being told! Then they wonder why they're struggling!
Gemporia has chosen an opaque means of running their company, relying on fudging info, sharing mistruths and telling outright whoppers. And they're so insane that they think that doing exactly the same things that landed them in a financial mess last year will somehow work out OK this year.

But I think that, while Gemporia may not want to listen to us, it's important that we keep pointing out where and when they're crossing lines.

It's obviously peeing them off to have this pointed out, such as when you see a very cross Ellis trying to defend the next jade mountain Dave brings to air. Or when Dave veers into telling total fairy tales in his one hour lectures of info he's shared with the viewers over and over and over again. With 395 30 second clocks thrown in for absolutely no good reason whatsoever.

Gemporia has chosen an opaque means of running their company, relying on fudging info, sharing mistruths and telling outright whoppers. And they're so insane that they think that doing exactly the same things that landed them in a financial mess last year will somehow work out OK this year.

But I think that, while Gemporia may not want to listen to us, it's important that we keep pointing out where and when they're crossing lines.

It's obviously peeing them off to have this pointed out, such as when you see a very cross Ellis trying to defend the next jade mountain Dave brings to air. Or when Dave veers into telling total fairy tales in his one hour lectures of info he's shared with the viewers over and over and over again. With 395 30 second clocks thrown in for absolutely no good reason whatsoever.

Exactly. They'll learn the hard way - and then it'll be too late.

All of what is happening with Gemporia now happened with Bid TV and Price Drop TV - and look what happened to them in the end.

That is fine with me. The thread is very anti Gemporia and comments that differ from those expressed by the small group of regular contributors are not treated respectfully.
This is all very strange, but there have been another couple of members over the last few months intermittently attacking anyone who criticises Gemporia or TJC's version of Ideal World.

And they too have an exciting habit of trying to twist the arguments they instigate to make themselves look like the poor, innocent victims of a bunch of bullies, too.

It never works, because they always forget that their previous insulting posts are always still there for anyone and everyone to read.

It's probably all a total coincidence. But an intriguing one.

I can’t quite believe the absolute crap that Angeline is spouting as I write. She’s saying that the prices on some of the items are way below what it cost them to make.She’s saying that it’s a mistake and that they’ll honour the prices.It makes me pissed off because she’s putting a time limit on everything.She’s repeatedly said that some pieces are not correctly priced but I know that it’s just crap. She’s saying that £599 is a mistake on cultured pearls,I despair. Angeline is encouraging people to buy certain pieces to sell just because she saw one Lehrer piece for sale at a high price. That doesn’t mean that it sold though.

I can’t quite believe the absolute crap that Angeline is spouting as I write. She’s saying that the prices on some of the items are way below what it cost them to make.She’s saying that it’s a mistake and that they’ll honour the prices.It makes me pissed off because she’s putting a time limit on everything.She’s repeatedly said that some pieces are not correctly priced but I know that it’s just crap. She’s saying that £599 is a mistake on cultured pearls,I despair. Angeline is encouraging people to buy certain pieces to sell just because she saw one Lehrer piece for sale at a high price. That doesn’t mean that it sold though.
Angeline's always suffering from "incorrect pricing" on her shows. You would think that, for a supposedly intelligent woman, she'd have realised that everyone can see through the ruse now, as she's used it so many times over the years

Yet she cannot seem to be bothered coming up with something new. Maybe she's as bored of the neverending lectures from the "gem experts", snotty jade, and overtreated gold tone tat as the rest of us.

Sh
Angeline's always suffering from "incorrect pricing" on her shows. You would think that, for a supposedly intelligent woman, she'd have realised that everyone can see through the ruse now, as she's used it so many times over the years

Yet she cannot seem to be bothered coming up with something new. Maybe she's as bored of the neverending lectures from the "gem experts", snotty jade, and overtreated gold tone tat as the rest of us.
She suffers from a few other things, arrogance, talking down to people, false, aggressive sales, superiority complex, you have to be hard faced to spout the lies she and the others do I could go on......

This is all very strange, but there have been another couple of members over the last few months intermittently attacking anyone who criticises Gemporia or TJC's version of Ideal World.

And they too have an exciting habit of trying to twist the arguments they instigate to make themselves look like the poor, innocent victims of a bunch of bullies, too.

It never works, because they always forget that their previous insulting posts are always still there for anyone and everyone to read.

It's probably all a total coincidence. But an intriguing one.
Oh dear there is a small group of people who take this forum too seriously or can't appreciate that opinions and views can fluctuate.i have posted in the past positive comments when I have received purchases I have been delighted with and not so positive experiences. Gemporia is not perfect by any stretch, but there is a small clique on here who mainly sees the negative, so I like to offer an alternative hopefully without being labelled troll.

Last edited:
Hattie is on now selling some strange looking candles.
I really wish someone in the gallery would tell her that one of the ingredients is called bergamot, not bergamont. It’s really starting to annoy me. She’s been doing it since they launched the Kimbie candles so surely someone in the company knows how to pronounce it by now.

I really wish someone in the gallery would tell her that one of the ingredients is called bergamot, not bergamont. It’s really starting to annoy me. She’s been doing it since they launched the Kimbie candles so surely someone in the company knows how to pronounce it by now.

It could be worse. Lindsey Carr probably thinks that 'Bergamot' is a fast food restaurant in France.

It is those awful carousels. I cannot believe anyone would want that in their home.

The candle is pretty enough in your home if you like that sort of thing (I don't) for a tenner.... But spinning gold leaves above it? Tacky in the extreme. In my opinion 👀

Oh dear there is a small group of people who take this forum too seriously or can't appreciate that opinions and views can fluctuate.i have posted in the past positive comments when I have received purchases I have been delighted with and not so positive experiences. Gemporia is not perfect by any stretch, but there is a small clique on here who mainly sees the negative, so I like to offer an alternative hopefully without being labelled troll.
Yay! You're back! I have missed you a lot!

Have you permanently reverted to defending Gemporia to the bitter end, and having a go at people for having their own opinions?

Or will you be chopping and changing, posting criticisms of the channel one day, then badmouthing anyone else that does the same the next?

I have to say, I admire your consistent inconsistency so much 🤩

Sad to see Gemporia declining after its heady days of 10 years ago and more. Am wearing one of their 9ct gold sphene solitaire rings today which I bought about 4 years ago. Was horrified at how thin the band actually was, for the money, but I loved the gemstone too much to send it back. That was probably an error of judgement.

Sad to see Gemporia declining after its heady days of 10 years ago and more. Am wearing one of their 9ct gold sphene solitaire rings today which I bought about 4 years ago. Was horrified at how thin the band actually was, for the money, but I loved the gemstone too much to send it back. That was probably an error of judgement.
If you love the gemstone, then it can't have been an error of judgement. You can always reset the stone in the future 🙂

For me, its Gemporia changing from selling gems that are new and unusual to viewers (well, to me anyway), that were good value for money and that people enjoyed wearing, to flogging overpriced and overtreated stones in foil or wire weight settings as "legacy" and "heirloom" pieces.

There's no fun in the channel any more either: it's all hard sell and buy now, or else! So if you're still loving your sphene four years on, it can't have been a bad purchase

Hattie is still unable to pronounce the words on the candle packaging, same as before.
She CAN pronounce the words, it’s just words from Hattie’s vocabulary 🤦🏼‍♀️.
She just said “decancy” , google translated into “decadent “
Just watching Hattie with the crazy eyeliner🤪, did Tucson made her an Egyptian Pharaoh😅 or she did her make up (war paint) in the dark?

Saw Toby yesterday 😂, the three feathers on top of his head looked positively lively. Did he have a perm at Tucson?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back