Random musings on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A majority of onscreen claims are spurious at best 🤣
Seem to be the norm not to display the weight of jewellery products - currently a Silver Bismark Necklace at £40 for under 10g - apparently was on sale on their website at £80 according to Mark …

Received an order placed Friday late night yesterday - jewelry now comes in cardboard TJC branded boxes - no more fabric pouches for me (and pleased with silver tone heavy bracelet) other real silver bracelets alas underwhelming and reflection of the increase of prices and reduction of weight 🤦‍♂️

I've just had a stone from a dainty but pretty pink diamond cluster ring fall out yet again. I've had this ring repaired once already, after 2 stones came out previously, and have hesitated to wear it much after its return. After precisely 3 wearings, a stone fell out. It's aggravating and will cost me another £40+ to have repaired, if I decide to do so. It's not the only one of their jewellery pieces to lose a stone. It's not as if I wear my jewellery while doing construction or whatever! Disappointing, to say the least.

Vicki has just stated that there’s only twenty years of mining gold and it’ll be mined out so buy this chain now. Unbelievable guff.She’s started to say that things are gender friendly whatever that means.
I don't know much about investing in gold. Except what's in mainstream media etc.

I could be very wrong but I'm not convinced that new 9 carat gold jewellery is such an incredible investment?

Especially when I looked at gold for cash prices just out of curiosity

Gold bars of varying sizes that presumably some people do buy as an investment are pure 24 carat gold.

You’re not wrong Pebbles. Nine carat gold isn’t investment worthy really but it’s great for everyday wear because it gives everyone the chance to wear and enjoy gold jewellery. You’d need to buy gold bullion in bars or sovereigns if you wanted to invest. These presenters will say anything to get a sale. All you need to do is to check the scrap price for nine carat gold to tell you all you need to know.

I've just had a stone from a dainty but pretty pink diamond cluster ring fall out yet again. I've had this ring repaired once already, after 2 stones came out previously, and have hesitated to wear it much after its return. After precisely 3 wearings, a stone fell out. It's aggravating and will cost me another £40+ to have repaired, if I decide to do so. It's not the only one of their jewellery pieces to lose a stone. It's not as if I wear my jewellery while doing construction or whatever! Disappointing, to say the least.
Totally unacceptable. You could understand it if you wore it all the time, including if you're working at a daily job down a coal mine(!), but for everyday occasional wear this is just disgusting and makes a joke of the so-called 'craftsmanship' and 'quality' they babble on about. How long have you had the ring, Sammi?

You’re not wrong Pebbles. Nine carat gold isn’t investment worthy really but it’s great for everyday wear because it gives everyone the chance to wear and enjoy gold jewellery. You’d need to buy gold bullion in bars or sovereigns if you wanted to invest. These presenters will say anything to get a sale. All you need to do is to check the scrap price for nine carat gold to tell you all you need to know.
Yep, that's exactly what I thought Ostrichkeeper. I've not seen gold bars & new gold coins from bullion dealers at 9 carat, only 24.

I do really like TJC overall as I've had some amazing jewellery bargains, great face serums & creams & imo TJC absolutely knocks spots of "Hemporia's" offerings by a mile. Especially when I compare prices & Size of stones etc.

Occasionally they can be a bit hit & miss granted.

What I wish they'd stop doing is pushing "the price of gold per ounce, how it's gone up in price over x years blah blah...".

They're referring to 24 carat gold prices not 9 carat, so like comparing apples to oranges. Nowt wrong with 9 carat gold, it's harder wearing but the presenters imo are being less than up front with their customers on this. I'm really surprised that they haven't been warned to stop doing it.

Mark G does it perhaps the most enthusiastically but they all do it & it's so wrong imo.

They must've got an enormous amount of 9 carat gold bars and/or jewellery in as it feels like they've been flogging it big time for years. I can't believe how long they spend on a chain sometimes.

Yep, that's exactly what I thought Ostrichkeeper. I've not seen gold bars & new gold coins from bullion dealers at 9 carat, only 24.

I do really like TJC overall as I've had some amazing jewellery bargains, great face serums & creams & imo TJC absolutely knocks spots of "Hemporia's" offerings by a mile. Especially when I compare prices & Size of stones etc.

Occasionally they can be a bit hit & miss granted.

What I wish they'd stop doing is pushing "the price of gold per ounce, how it's gone up in price over x years blah blah...".

They're referring to 24 carat gold prices not 9 carat, so like comparing apples to oranges. Nowt wrong with 9 carat gold, it's harder wearing but the presenters imo are being less than up front with their customers on this. I'm really surprised that they haven't been warned to stop doing it.

Mark G does it perhaps the most enthusiastically but they all do it & it's so wrong imo.

They must've got an enormous amount of 9 carat gold bars and/or jewellery in as it feels like they've been flogging it big time for years. I can't believe how long they spend on a chain sometimes.
Is it just me or 90% of the jewellery they now sell are chains?

Certainly seems that way to me too. And sometimes for ages on each one.
I've bought a couple of their longer-length sterling silver chains in the past, and been quite pleased with them, not heavyweight by any means but decent weight of silver for around £10-£12. I bought these 'back in the day' when they only offered chains at an auction once now and again, unless you went direct to the website to buy the chain. But haven't bought anything from them for ages now as, like Gems, they are overpriced for what they're offering on every occasion when I've viewed the channel. And the silver weight's shrunk too. To be fair, though, they still send me emails regularly.

hmmm just turned over and of course doing Opera with presenters not seen before. rather than Mark and Jewellery ...

Presnters are Peter and Chloe, p[resume on at other times I miss
Yes, that would have been Chloe, who does early mornings at the weekend and usually the 2pm slot in the week. Peter usually joins on Zoom. It was the Beauy Gala yesterday which is why they were both in. She is one of my favourite presenters.

yeah nothing wr
Yes, that would have been Chloe, who does early mornings at the weekend and usually the 2pm slot in the week. Peter usually joins on Zoom. It was the Beauy Gala yesterday which is why they were both in. She is one of my favourite presenters.
one with their presenting at all just the Optra very expensive stuff

So there’s ‘40% off’ - had put some silver magnetic lock clasps (thoroughly recommend them btw) bought 3 a few weeks ago for £21.87 - they are now showing at £17.99 EACH - a few hours earlier were £19.99 but with 40% off - no wonder customers are getting increasingly frustrated with the ‘dynamic’ pricing (if that’s what it is !)

So there’s ‘40% off’ - had put some silver magnetic lock clasps (thoroughly recommend them btw) bought 3 a few weeks ago for £21.87 - they are now showing at £17.99 EACH - a few hours earlier were £19.99 but with 40% off - no wonder customers are getting increasingly frustrated with the ‘dynamic’ pricing (if that’s what it is !)
Couldn’t agree more! I’ve had the same thing in my likelist at £6.99! They do love to offer a discount code, but the prices go up and down on a sliding scale, and sometimes that discount doesn’t mean anything.

Latest posts

Back