Glen Campbell is a bit of a fraud - discuss

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nonsense, sorry but Glen has been around tv presenting fashion for a very long time, he kniws the fashionnworld inside out. I really like him, have no idea without looking him up what age he is but he must at keast be my age, if so he looks great.
This is an article from 2016, where it says he's 55 , so 62/63 now.

I like Glen and he's got a lot of experience in the fashion world. His spiel can be a bit samey but how much can you say about some of the garments that appear on QVC? I have never thought he was inappropriate with the models, although I don't like the "darling" chat - bit too luvvie for me.

CC

The American designers used to do that quite a lot. Don’t see it much now.
Marla used to demonstrate on the models. I doubt she’ll be back on these shores. A bit like MM.
I wonder why she doesn't come here anymore? Who is MM?

That was a good read. I do quite like him and he always looks smart. So he probably has the most experience of anyone on QVC. Maybe they should let him dress all the models, I'm sure he wouldn't let many of them out in front of a camera looking the awful way they do.

Fashion victim. The sign of a well-dressed man is that you don't notice what they wear. I always notice what glen wears ... trousers too short and slip-on's with no socks. He's trying to be 'edgy' but looks like an absolute prat. He's probably a very nice chap, but equally it wouldn't surprise me if he's in love with himself and is an arrogant prick.

I hate it when they keep using Americanisms. I remember years ago when an American BA was flogging what we know as ‘bum bags’ . Much to the horror of the presenter he kept referring to them as ‘Fanny packs’!

Fashion victim. The sign of a well-dressed man is that you don't notice what they wear. I always notice what glen wears ... trousers too short and slip-on's with no socks. He's trying to be 'edgy' but looks like an absolute prat. He's probably a very nice chap, but equally it wouldn't surprise me if he's in love with himself and is an arrogrant prick.
I think that also applies to Ben de Lisi!

Fashion victim. The sign of a well-dressed man is that you don't notice what they wear. I always notice what glen wears ... trousers too short and slip-on's with no socks. He's trying to be 'edgy' but looks like an absolute prat. He's probably a very nice chap, but equally it wouldn't surprise me if he's in love with himself and is an arrogant prick.
It seems to me that Ben di Lisi and Glen spend quite a lot of time prinking in front of the mirror before leaving home so they can attain the look that they want. Ben wants to look as if he just threw his clothes together and came up with something spectacular. Glen wants to look like a fashion photo from a men's magazine. Ben succeeds but Glen doesn't.

Each to their own.

Among the people I know I have always been very vocal on us Brits using Americanisms. I put this down to some awful tv shows and more people holidaying in the USA. One of very many examples is “sneakers” when did we start calling plimsoles “sneakers”. Makes my blood boil.
The more alert of you will observe I used the word “holidaying”, and not “vacationing!”

Latest posts

Back