Over priced clothing in general.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
Masai Copenhagen. Seriously do QVC really think I am about to pay £102 for

Masai Copenhagen Paba Ponte De Roma Trouser. Eh don’t think so.​

What market are they aiming for? I love good, well made clothes and quality fabrics. I think this brand (and a few others) are actually paying QVC to push their products and apparel.
What do you all say?

I wouldn't dream of buying any clothing from QVC. Used to buy from Kim and Co and Nina Leonard years ago. Imo totally overpriced now. Just bought two pair of trousers, wide leg, heavy jersey fabric from M and S. On offer, paid £14 per pair. Already own two pairs, they wash and wash and no ironing needed. Dress up or down, so comfortable. Why would I purchase from QVC at their ridiculous inflated prices? Plus, most of the brand ambassadors talk total c***p these days. I actually enjoy listening to Julia Roberts flogging stuff lately!!

QVC went way downhill on clothes. I used to buy tons and I've still got a lot of Nina Leonard (before it became Nina Garish, Nonsense Patterns and Top Prices). I've got a lovely NL velvet dress that comes out every Christmas, lots of their longline cardigans that are really useful and some of their summer dresses which look lovely but actually hopeless if it's hot as they stick to you :rolleyes: I had a lot of Kim & Co from years ago when it was good and sold them all on for good prices on fleabay and the cotton dresses from Casual & Co I would still have if I hadn't got too fat for them. Now the clothes are weird and the prices are just stupid. I blame the buyers - no idea who their target market is. It's ME and I'm not buying that crap.

CC

I was in M&S store yesterday, not one of the larger ones but was dismayed at the number of trouser offerings being slim fit, jeggings, leggings and the like.In fact a whole range of colours in leather look!Looking around it must be a small proportion of the population that should even consider leaving the house in these.What are the sales figures that suggest that their is such a demand, thinking of their average customer?

They did lovely linen trousers this summer and tbh the range is huge for trousers, dresses even shorts. I do live near the Marble Arch store and online the choice is huge. They do free delivery for everything if you choose click n collect to your nearest store free. So online is an option.

A few years ago I bought a few items from Nina Leonard. I no longer buy any clothes from QVC now. They’re generally shapeless or flimsy, they can be too garish for me because I don’t like huge patterns, animal print of blousy flowers. The prices are ridiculous for many of the brands and, although I’m lucky in the fact that I can afford to buy them, I have better things to spend my money on.

I was in M&S store yesterday, not one of the larger ones but was dismayed at the number of trouser offerings being slim fit, jeggings, leggings and the like.In fact a whole range of colours in leather look!Looking around it must be a small proportion of the population that should even consider leaving the house in these.What are the sales figures that suggest that their is such a demand, thinking of their average customer?
I agree with you, even if you look at their website which I do often, it seems they are not aiming at me, but slim younger people.

When you go onto the Q homepage they have garments highlighted which seem quite attractive, like a check tweed jacket & trench raincoat just now.However if you go into the ‘collections’ to look for these where are they?There are just pages of the same old stuff, have these ‘temptations ‘ been snapped up & sold out?

Latest posts

Back