Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are we going back in time to price-drop TV?
The falling auction price style is a con, with the artificially high prices to make the final price appear even better to potential customers.

I am not sure how long TJC have been using that format, as I never really watched it much in the past. To me, it looks like the Jewellery buyers save the best items for themselves, which gives the viewers the impression of better prices when the buyers are on screen. Presenter on their own, no real bargains, buyer on screen, better prices and better items. Sales increase with most Jewellery items when the buyer is on, making it a win-win situation for them.

He was Jason the Cat, apparently.

IMG_0271.jpeg

Last edited:
He displays for me, arrogance in the extreme. He LIKES these 1970s soup in a basket routines, so he WILL persist with them. Whether they are actually disgusting and completely unfunny, it matters not to him. He’s being doing them unchallenged for 25 years and he’s going to KEEP doing them. Having a group of juvenile sycophants working with him and pretending to find his vile double entendres, end of a very seedy 1970s’ pier show repartee and his lurid gurning amusing, and probably laughing at him, rather than with him, no doubt encourages him to do it all the more.

The falling auction price style is a con, with the artificially high prices to make the final price appear even better to potential customers.

I am not sure how long TJC have been using that format, as I never really watched it much in the past. To me, it looks like the Jewellery buyers save the best items for themselves, which gives the viewers the impression of better prices when the buyers are on screen. Presenter on their own, no real bargains, buyer on screen, better prices and better items. Sales increase with most Jewellery items when the buyer is on, making it a win-win situation for them.
TJC have always been a falling price auction channel, so about 18 years. I’m not entirely sure that the prices, with or without a Buyer/Guest are any different. I’ve seen numerous things (do they forget that we remember prices?) that are the same price. I usually put things i fancy on my Wish List. If they are in stock, they stay there even when they have disappeared off the recently aired or missed items, at the price it was last on air. You can also see when they reduce the price.

He displays for me, arrogance in the extreme. He LIKES these 1970s soup in a basket routines, so he WILL persist with them. Whether they are actually disgusting and completely unfunny, it matters not to him. He’s being doing them unchallenged for 25 years and he’s going to KEEP doing them. Having a group of juvenile sycophants working with him and pretending to find his vile double entendres, end of a very seedy 1970s’ pier show repartee and his lurid gurning amusing, and probably laughing at him, rather than with him, no doubt encourages him to do it all the more.
I'd love it if an investigative journalist decided to do an article on them. Management would invite them in to do interviews with their star performers to show the world how great they are. Well, it worked for Prince Andrew😂😂😂

I see we finally have the elixir of youth
Drink this magic potion and it will take Twenty years off you, you will be able to climb mountains you can’t currently climb, run up hundreds of stairs that would have previously caused you to have a heart attack.
I’m sold I must have it.
I’m gonna buy loads.
And if you believe that I have a London Bridge for sale going cheap that’s a must buy.

Latest posts

Back