Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who the feck is buying this tat?!?
I was in a very large B & M Bargains store with my folks this morning and my mum was saying she loves to have a look down the crap aisles to see if she is missing out on something she never knew she didn't need. Something in us all. The only difference is some people believe the manure coming out of presenters mouths at times. My bullsh1t filter is always on max. Sometimes you do find useful stuff. But do your own research. Remember when Mason of the Mikes was flogging those RFID passport holders magnifying glass and precision toolkit combo? I bought that. Magnifying glass has been very helpful but the toolkit failed me on typewriter repair. Now I'm looking for one with smaller heads in the pound shops. My point is there's a need in us all and eventually we buy something useful to us that others might scoff at :LOL:

Load of bogus oiks. I couldn't care less which pimply youth is working out the forum users texts this shift. Or which gangly fifth former is an award winning BBC director this show. I also don't care for their disingenuous, designed to mislead, ridiculous price not a direct price comparison routines. That could be my old mum falling for that cra p. Though with her in that great Freeview platform in the clouds these days, it no longer directly affects her.

I was in a very large B & M Bargains store with my folks this morning and my mum was saying she loves to have a look down the crap aisles to see if she is missing out on something she never knew she didn't need. Something in us all. The only difference is some people believe the manure coming out of presenters mouths at times. My bullsh1t filter is always on max. Sometimes you do find useful stuff. But do your own research. Remember when Mason of the Mikes was flogging those RFID passport holders magnifying glass and precision toolkit combo? I bought that. Magnifying glass has been very helpful but the toolkit failed me on typewriter repair. Now I'm looking for one with smaller heads in the pound shops. My point is there's a need in us all and eventually we buy something useful to us that others might scoff at :LOL:
I used to use a screwdriver set that came in a Christmas cracker to fix my old typewriter, still use it to tighten the screws in my glasses.

I’m disabled and use two sticks to walk with. This are good strong wooden ones that belonged to my mum. They must be at least 35 years old. Only thing I have to do to them is change the rubber ferrules on the base of them occasionally. I certainly wouldn’t buy the crappy one on IW.

If for some reason (unlikely) I’d be tempted to buy I’d apply what I say for anything. Do I need it, will I use it, is it worth the money, can I get it cheaper elsewhere? Works for me , well 99% of the time.

Sheild luxury watches with Peter between 6pm and 8pm. Pick of the day, a sterling silver pen. Oh I can't wait, for the watches and pen, and whatever crap is sold for the hour between.
Sounds like the stuff from the green shield stamps catalogue or collecting a squillion prize tickets from seaside piers in the 70s

It is stuff very much geared towards older people. Things younger people would have no interest in whatsoever. Trading on fear with certain products, tailored towards the insecurities of the elderly. Make the most of it while you can, IW. In 15 years or so that customer base will all be gone.
I remember watching or maybe reading something many years ago about QVCs main demographic and it was essentially what used to be referred to as the 'blue rinse brigade.' I suspect for most selly telly channels it remains the same to this day

Latest posts

Back