Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mike says you can't get Willy Hunt watches elsewhere.

Quite true, their website is sold out and their Saville Row premises are permanently closed.

I would suggest this is a blow out sale, hardly a prestige event as he portrays it.

They are gone.
I heard Andy Hodgeson on TJC mention that the Saville Row shop was closed, but he didn’t elaborate any further. I also have a sneaking suspicion that when WH have watches on air at IW3 and TJC the watches are ‘Sold Out’ on the WH website.

I wonder if Jezza and Masons of the Mike, really think these are luxury watches, or just playing the game to get sales, as one is born every minute, unfortunately.

It's a hard thing to define, when most folks think of luxury then your into Rolex, Cartier or above etc, but in watches there's a good site, which i think gives folks a good guide in defining luxury watches, which gives a ranking to over 689 brands at various levels, mainly due to retail value, Basic watches Under £500, Entry level luxury watches £500-£1,500, Basic luxury £1,500-£5,000, Luxury £5,000 -£10,000, High-end luxury £10,000-£40,00 and Ultra luxury £40,000 and above.

Of course, this is just a rough ranking, as you can end up with watches due to price which can fall into entry level luxury, like Swan & Edgar Tourbillon at £1699, but in truth it ain't entry level at all, as it's at best a £300/£400 Chinese watch with a big mark up, so retail price doesn't always mean luxury. ;)

Creepy dyed blonde haired presenter plus Peter Vol-au-Vent selling a portable washing machine. . They’ve got an Eco Egg by the side of it. The washing machine (extended) looks about the height of two eco eggs. At a pinch I reckon I could get a couple of pairs of knickers in it. Oh hello blonde male presenter gone and been replaced by a woman.

It's a hard thing to define, when most folks think of luxury then your into Rolex, Cartier or above etc, but in watches there's a good site, which i think gives folks a good guide in defining luxury watches, which gives a ranking to over 689 brands at various levels, mainly due to retail value, Basic watches Under £500, Entry level luxury watches £500-£1,500, Basic luxury £1,500-£5,000, Luxury £5,000 -£10,000, High-end luxury £10,000-£40,00 and Ultra luxury £40,000 and above.

Of course, this is just a rough ranking, as you can end up with watches due to price which can fall into entry level luxury, like Swan & Edgar Tourbillon at £1699, but in truth it ain't entry level at all, as it's at best a £300/£400 Chinese watch with a big mark up, so retail price doesn't always mean luxury. ;)
The thing is, due to their overall approach to retail, there's a cheapness to IW. With this in mind and as we've touched on before, even if they were selling a genuine quality product that had a higher price, I'd be very reluctant to purchase from them, even if they were cheaper than other retailers. They would have to be a LOT cheaper for me to consider buying from them.

Call me a fool if you like, but to me it's akin to going to a car boot sale or Sunday market and seeing a stall selling genuine (as in 100% genuine) Rolex watches for decent prices. I'd probably have a look but would walk on by ...

QVC can do luxury well, IW can't.

I wouldn’t want to buy anything from them. I started out with an open mind when they began. Nothing that I have seen from them to date in terms of how they present their goods, and in how they explain them to their customers has made me feel remotely favourable to ever considering purchasing anything from them.

I don’t like their unsourced price comparisons (other than the sourced surprisingly out of stock huge RRPs manufacturers websites game) system they employ. I find them misleading at best and deceptive at worst. It was obviously created by somebody being clever, and feeling that they could create a sense of value through non-direct linkage of generic items with absolutely no comparison in quality, and in a way that the ASA would turn a blind eye to. If, for example, I walked into a car dealership, and the sales person took me over to a Rolls-Royce and told me that costs £100,000, Sir, then walked me across to a Nissan Bluebird, and said that costs £500, Sir, and you today are saving £99,500, I would feel I was in an unprofessional environment I would not want to buy from. But if they showed me the same spec Nissan Bluebird at £1000 down the road and told me I was saving £500 with them, that’s what you are looking for from a proper price comparisons system.

I also dislike how they have reacted to comments and criticisms on here. Well, how they have allegedly reacted, because nobody ever comes on here claiming to actually work for the channel to defend the indefensible. The texts that are sent in the names of forum users is a wholly distasteful even stalking type practice. And if there isn’t really a long distance walker on two plastic canes man/woman called Hammy from Aberdeen, endorsing all their products on a regular basis, then that is deceiving potential buyers who don’t know the background to it.

Unknown brands at uninspiring prices in the main. Little to no transparency with their pricing comparisons structure, their tedious repetition of goods, playing games with texts.. And also a general low rent and poorly visually presented look to the whole thing. None of these ‘qualities’ endear you to ever wanting to buy anything from them.

The worst thing about IW3 they don’t seem to have learned from their mistakes from the previous incarnations.
Same tat sellers even down to volleyball appearing again,along with the children in the gallery!
Shopping tv is on its way out,I know many on here enjoy this forum and it is a source of entertainment,but really this type of shopping is on its last legs,only QVC may still be around,but eventually there customer base will start to dwindle,nobody under thirty cares about shopping tv,they can find goods much cheaper with quick and free delivery 🚚

If they were honest...

IWHonestLogo.jpg

Agreed but free delivery always comes at a price.To get Amazon next day you must pay a Prime subscription at £96 a year. Oh I know there are a few added bells and whistles but they don't amount to much imo. Then having paid that out people tend to order everything from Mr Bezos and his Rocket fund. A captive market.

Nobody else really stands a chance against this juggernaut least of all IW3.

Herself says you don’t need any instructions to erect the Growhouse. That’s what she thinks after reading the tiny sheet of information free paper included she got hold of. So presumably the item comes with no or inadequate instructions. Looking at it, I would want some proper guidance on how to assemble it. Then again, Herself has Himself the Expert to put it up blindfolded.

Next…The Urban Rolls Jacks trainers…

Latest posts

Back