Gawd, Andi Peters is awful

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QuiteVacuousChat

Registered Shopper
Flicked to the Q a couple of times yesterday to find there was a glut of Andi Peters. The bloke is so loud and Me! Me! Me! It was kind of pointless for the various food guests to even be there. He was too busy cracking unfunny jokes with Dale, the camera man, the producer, and anyone else who was in the building. I felt sorry for the poor reps who were trying to market their wares. I know he used to be a kiddy TV presenter and had a dabble at a celeb cooking comp, but what the hell is he on QVC for?

He was on celeb masterchef don't you know. That makes him equal to the biggest food critic in the universe. :mysmilie_17:

They drag him out every series of celeb masterchef to critic and he always is very serious and gives not the slightest bit of praise if at all possible.

Horrible man, in my opinion, arrogant and superior in manner with no discernable talent to back it up. Even when he was on kiddies' telly, he always cultivated this superior air, as though he was too good for what he was doing. I'd say having his hand up a cloth puppet's bum was about the right mark. Kiddies' telly can be a stepping-stone to something else, but not if your nose is 8 ft. up in the air and in my view he's upset quite a few people (I won't say he's upset them 'on his way up the ladder', because the ladder wasn't there). I think this can come back at you big-style, and he seems to be touting his way around trying to find some sort of career. What makes him a cookery expert? Love them or loathe them, people like Paul Hollywood, Mary Berry, Jamie Oliver and so on have "done their time" as a cook, and got some credibility. What 'cred' does he have exactly? I'd say being criticised by him should be taken as a great compliment. If he cultivated a bit of humility, he might get taken seriously - at present he's a joke.

QUOTE=QuiteVacuousChat;878387]Flicked to the Q a couple of times yesterday to find there was a glut of Andi Peters. The bloke is so loud and Me! Me! Me! It was kind of pointless for the various food guests to even be there. He was too busy cracking unfunny jokes with Dale, the camera man, the producer, and anyone else who was in the building. I felt sorry for the poor reps who were trying to market their wares. I know he used to be a kiddy TV presenter and had a dabble at a celeb cooking comp, but what the hell is he on QVC for?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
The most hilarious thing about him is the facebook groupies who actively look forward to the hours he does with Dale.

He was on celeb masterchef don't you know. That makes him equal to the biggest food critic in the universe. :mysmilie_17:

They drag him out every series of celeb masterchef to critic and he always is very serious and gives not the slightest bit of praise if at all possible.

I saw him as a celeb judge on Masterchef last year I think...he was really mean to the contestants, I have to turn over when I see him, I really don't like him!!

I agree, I think he is totally up himself. He didn't even win celeb MC did he? And all this banging on about how he has sourced all these artisanal brands.... well has, he? I mean really? It is made to sound as if he drives round to all these farms and actually discovers the items. The buyers who actually discover them must be so pissed off!

Having said I would never buy food from Q, and I haven't, I did think some of the chutney and pickle six-packs on yesterday looked very nice indeed. And not too pricey either. I may have a look in Waitrose and see if they have them, because I know they do those Bojangles truffles.

He is so annoying and thinks it all about him, He won't let his sidekick Dale get a word in edge ways and always looks knackered. He is even worse when he is on with the Gower Brownie woman:wait: He loves them (yeah coz she is giving you shed loads of freebies I bet)

I've never liked him and always switch off when he's on any channel! :mysmilie_10:

I caught the show last week - big mistake. He has dispensed with Dale's services as a presenter... he was domineering with a new guest, even bullying... constantly singling him out. What I took from this performance was that he's not someone I would care to spend time with.

I think he's like many a person on QVC, he's reached a point in his career where he wants to make a niche for himself and keep in the same industry whilst doing something a bit different. He can't really cut it in kids' telly anymore so he picks something different. It pays the bills, gives him something to do and is not too much of a departure from other stuff he's done. He is not someone I particularly warm to, however he does not irritate me in the same way Anthea Turner does, for example. Some people at work were talking about his private life however everything they were saying was quite unsubstantiated. When you ask why is he at QVC, think about why Carol Vorderman is on "I'm A Celebrity." It's all about exposure, self-promotion and money. QVC is one of those interesting channels in that it is utterly mediocre and mundane, yet has seen some big stars. Joan Collins, Joan Rivers, Bruce Forsyth and that (trout pout)"Shout" singer are or were top names in showbiz.

I think he's like many a person on QVC, he's reached a point in his career where he wants to make a niche for himself and keep in the same industry whilst doing something a bit different. He can't really cut it in kids' telly anymore so he picks something different. It pays the bills, gives him something to do and is not too much of a departure from other stuff he's done. He is not someone I particularly warm to, however he does not irritate me in the same way Anthea Turner does, for example. Some people at work were talking about his private life however everything they were saying was quite unsubstantiated. When you ask why is he at QVC, think about why Carol Vorderman is on "I'm A Celebrity." It's all about exposure, self-promotion and money. QVC is one of those interesting channels in that it is utterly mediocre and mundane, yet has seen some big stars. Joan Collins, Joan Rivers, Bruce Forsyth and that (trout pout)"Shout" singer are or were top names in showbiz.

This is very true, but it is the way it is done which is objectionable... to me, anyway.

Away from the cameras Andi Peters had a TV production company, and may still have it, for all I know. He's used to being top dog, and seems unwilling to play second fiddle to anyone. Dale was almost Richard Jackson-like in his utter superfluousness on the Andi Peters Food Fest programme I saw.

What I found particularly hard to swallow was his treatment of a brand new guest. Even with the coaching they get before they go on, newbies are often very nervous. All the way through Andi Peters was setting him tests, with the threat/inducement of being "allowed" to present the product he was due to introduce on QVC. Talk about a baptism by fire! Bearing in mind that unlike AP, this guest was not a seasoned TV regular of any type, I thought it was extremely unfair. I know I should have voted with my off button, but I got sucked into it, really feeling for the hapless guest.

Only a talentless ar$$ would do this to an inexperienced person. He's so desperate to look "big", pity that he's not big nor is he clever. The only thing it does is to reinforce opinion that he is a p$$t, and did he but have the ability to work it out, he would see that it reflects badly on him, not the new guest. I detect the scent of utter desperation, as he tries to find a vehicle for his (some might say non-existent) talents.

This is very true, but it is the way it is done which is objectionable... to me, anyway.

Away from the cameras Andi Peters had a TV production company, and may still have it, for all I know. He's used to being top dog, and seems unwilling to play second fiddle to anyone. Dale was almost Richard Jackson-like in his utter superfluousness on the Andi Peters Food Fest programme I saw.

What I found particularly hard to swallow was his treatment of a brand new guest. Even with the coaching they get before they go on, newbies are often very nervous. All the way through Andi Peters was setting him tests, with the threat/inducement of being "allowed" to present the product he was due to introduce on QVC. Talk about a baptism by fire! Bearing in mind that unlike AP, this guest was not a seasoned TV regular of any type, I thought it was extremely unfair. I know I should have voted with my off button, but I got sucked into it, really feeling for the hapless guest.

Latest posts

Back