Jumping to the phone... and other phrases you hate

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

'... and if you like this one... SNAP IT UP NOW... because it's just about to go limited stock/sell out/won't be back in stock ever... ' another Jilly favourite.

"Now, I know this is a considered purchase"
"Bye bye now" Jilly Halliday
"My lovely" Jill Franks
"Bless" Julia

hey Alibeth, at the click of a 'post it' button, you got in there first with the Jilly 'snap it up' !!!

Seems like Jilly's vying for first place with Glen.

(Jilly's hair, btw, is looking a teensy bit better in seeming to have some very subtle highlights in it, and not being quite so seal-plastered to her head, which makes me think she's had it cut a bit shorter too, so it bounces up a tiny tad more! Also on the subject of Jilly: one of my gripes with her is she can be a little abrupt with T-callers - yes, Jilly, we know you have a life outside QVC, and it probably involves sci-fi or pseudo-medieval type stuff - hence the long hair - but you know, pull your socks - or should that be hose - up a bit alrighty?!)

I hate the word "fabrication" which is used by everyone who's flogging handbags!! "look at the fabrication of the handle".

Listen mate, the only "fabrication" is you teling me that £200 is a snip for this handbag!!!!!!

Latest from AY is 'this is cushioning on the skin' and 'what is clever about this' for just about every product.

Fed up completely with the constant mentioning of celebs and their private appointments costing trillions and that X has flown over specially (yes! by plane) to be on QVC for me.

On the PK show yesterday she encouraged people to phone in and have a consultation with him because he charges £380 ish for a private appointment.....oh, so he can see your scalp and hair condition over the phone?? :nod:

aw man I cannot believe no-one has mentioned it, it has to be the most annoying phrase from QVC..........

Buy it, get it home and try it for 30 days, if you don't like it just send it back.

only try not send back over 50% of your orders, cause we might have to ban you from ordering from us.

Last edited:
'It's sold out! Well done if you got yours ...'

[Patronising, me? Good heavens, no, these little people need to feel that by giving us their money, they've achieved something.]

Oh God, yes-that drives me insane. Well done, well done-as though we have discovered a cure for cancer, or something equally vital!!!!! Instead, we have literally just jumped to the phones to buy a trouser at a great pricepoint..............................................................!:tongue2:

this one really winds me up and it's not just QVC who are gulity: ICONIC, oh lordy I could put my foot through the screen. This word is bandied about in the media in reference to any old "z" lister who appears in Heat magazine or in a reality t v show. How it has evolved from it's original meaning of religious imagary to describing a pot of face cream ought to be the subject of a dissertation. Iconic nail varnish, Iconic Cheryl Cole, Iconic Lulu, Iconic Centigrade coats, oh spare me and get yourselves a dictionary!

"This is a handbag I wear" - I carry my handbag but don't wear it.

"We are giving you this" - unless they are sending it to me free of charge then I'm buying it (Ideal World seem the worst culprits of this).

"Dawn Bibby - The Queen of Crafting" (Anyone see the coronation ?)

Saying things in threes:- cleans, polishes, shines/eye, lip, cheek/lifts up, pulls in, smoothes over/quick, easy and simple/separates,lengthens and strengthens/beats as it sweeps as it cleans..:wink2:

tvs

tuxedokitty;307557 "Dawn Bibby - The Queen of Crafting" (Anyone see the coronation ?)[/QUOTE said:
Yes. Yes, I did. She made herself a paper crown with corrugated card and it had 'Queen of Crafting' written on using Glitter Glue. Her majesty had a sceptre made of coloured fuzzy pipe cleaners and carried a ping pong ball orb covered in tin foil.:cheeky:

tvs

Everything is 'on trend' - just because it's trendy doesn't stop you looking a complete twit if it doesn't suit you.

Had to laugh when JR was talking about today's tsv - you can put this in your glove box and you're good to go....mm think I'd get funny looks giving myself a face lift at the lights...lol :grin:

Saying things in threes:- cleans, polishes, shines/eye, lip, cheek/lifts up, pulls in, smoothes over/quick, easy and simple/separates,lengthens and strengthens/beats as it sweeps as it cleans..:wink2:

tvs

They're taught to do that. Most infomercials and political speeches use the technique too. David Cameron's speechwriters are particularly fond of it. :puke: :D

'utilise' is the one I HATE! what's wrong with 'use'?

And all the things to wear while walking the dog. I wear my oldest stuff, look like I got dressed in the dark and come back covered in mud. Why would I buy faux sheepskin coats and 'designer' bags for that??!!

AND people constantly mispronouncing everyday words - yes, I'm talking to you, Dawn Bibby, with your 'lustra' and 'prooshan' blue

Oooh, I love a good moan :giggle:

Last edited:
all the presenters saying "no quibble money back guarantee" yeah right....we're all aware of "the letter" or "the 'phone call"

Nobody has problems any more, they have 'issues'. It really gets on my nerves, it's not just QVC, it seems 'issues' are everywhere.

And while we are on the subject why does Dawn Bibby have Galitter, and Galoo.:smirk:

Nobody has problems any more, they have 'issues'. It really gets on my nerves, it's not just QVC, it seems 'issues' are everywhere.

And while we are on the subject why does Dawn Bibby have Galitter, and Galoo.:smirk:

She's got 'issues'... ;)

Latest posts

Back