Jumping to the phone... and other phrases you hate

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

'As well' umpteen times in a single show. (The other side are very guilty of it too).

I hate when they say, "Joy our plus sized model/Joy is wearing 1XL/is a size 18 in shops." I feel embarrassed for her. They never single out the size 6/8/10 models, why make a big deal out of it.
I also hate it when they say "I'm going to order this when I come off air." Are you really?

Welcome to JBM :up2:

Jill Franks referred to a Kipling bag tonight as "fashion forward" WHAT THE ???

It also really irritates me when the presenters say "This comes in yer amethyst, yer peridot, yer tourmaline" or " yer blue, yer red, yer white" etc etc

aaarrrggghhhhhh

I was thinking exacly the same thing! It was the red kipling tsv she was talking about. I was thinking what on earth is she talking about. Doesn't she mean in fashion. Every week she chooses a new word or phrase. I remember "kicth" which she said for about a week.
Yesterday I softened towards Jill Franks instead of having an over the top irritated response which I normaly have. I just thought well she can't help being a bit daft.

Last edited:
Anyone going to bet on how many times the bimbo from Kipling is going to mention that there's room for a bottle of water?

Hello JBM, and welcome! :wave2:

Thank you from many, many of us for not introducing yourself as 'This is myself, JustBrowsing Madam.'

The 'Myself, Alison Young', disease has recently been seen to spread to 'Myself, Julia Roberts.'

Any day now they'll all be at it - myselfing all over the shop and it'll be unstoppable, a tide of introductory myselves at the top of [aaargh!] every hour.

It makes myself cringe.

Oh, me too-what is this "myself" thing? Why the hell can't they just say ME????
Normally they are good at it-just take Jill Franks-she is usually ALL me me me!!!! She just struggles to say "join me"-it's nearly always "MYSELF"!GRRRRRRRRRR:angry:

Yesterday I softened towards Jill Franks instead of having an over the top irritated response which I normaly have. I just thought well she can't help being a bit daft.

I agree-I just wish she would pi** off and be daft somewhere else!:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:::giggle:

Buy it now because we dont know when we are going to have it back in stock!

This product is amazing! It even works for me with my....

* Chapped, sore hands from repairing fences at 6am so the horses don't escape
* Flat 'helmet hair' from wearing my riding hat
* Vulnerable nails when I'm mucking out the stables and delivering foals
* Watery eyes from when I'm riding my horse in a gale force wind

This product is amazing! It even works for me with my....

* Chapped, sore hands from repairing fences at 6am so the horses don't escape
* Flat 'helmet hair' from wearing my riding hat
* Vulnerable nails when I'm mucking out the stables and delivering foals
* Watery eyes from when I'm riding my horse in a gale force wind

........and my tendency to talk a load of horse-sh*t! :giggle:

Same boring phrases!!

I notice when when they are trying to offload something expensive, such as Tanzanite jewellery for example, the next sentence is "We know this is a considered purchase". Yah if people have got a spare £1000 in their pocket to spend. Do they not know we are in a recession or is this the Ostrich syndrome?? Sorry guys for my rant!! I i had the money I would buy!!

Charlie's just come out with another of my bete noirs...'buttery, buttery soft....' .

'I NEED YOU on those phones ... '

[Or I'll spontaneously combust in a massive, multicoloured explosion of foundation and lippie.]

'It's sold out! Well done if you got yours ...'

[Patronising, me? Good heavens, no, these little people need to feel that by giving us their money, they've achieved something.]

A pet hate of mine and "well done for getting that", said in such a superior tone (Claudia)

I find the continual, repeated use of the word "chocolate" or "chocolatey" to describe anything brown really annoying.

Chocolate brown Honora pearls, chocolatey brown fashion items, chocolate brown handbags, chocolatey brown everything.....:angry:

What's wrong with just brown?

I find the continual, repeated use of the word "chocolate" or "chocolatey" to describe anything brown really annoying.

Chocolate brown Honora pearls, chocolatey brown fashion items, chocolate brown handbags, chocolatey brown everything.....:angry:

What's wrong with just brown?

Oh yessssss to the point it has put me off eating the stuff.
:dbt:

"I bought a similar item (camera, laptop, satnav etc) from the High St a couple of weeks ago and paid TWICE THE PRICE" Why didn't you wait for the TSV then? You work there, you know what's coming up. :thinking2:

Latest posts

Back