What is it with AY and her 'school teacher' obsession?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
Why does AY always say 'Ideal for school teachers'? She's just done this again talking about bare minerals and always mentions it with the Matte Nail Envy. I am a teacher who has worked in many schools and I have never heard of a school that doesn't allow teachers to wear make up or nail varnish. She also has a thing about nurses and make up - they are allowed to wear make up too as far as I know! She is a very knowledgeable lady but she does talk rubbish sometimes!

totally agree. I was a teacher and i wore make up every day and my nails were usually painted in Nails inc Victoria and sometimes red or pink.
I don't think the headteacher was worried about my make up and nails as he was to busy stressing about predicting SATS results,target setting, difficult parents, disruptive kids etc.The afore mentioned were all the reasons i left teaching:(
mind you according to AY teachers are going to be bombarded with some lovely gifts from LE, L'occitaine, OPI etc:D:D

Why does AY always say 'Ideal for school teachers'? She's just done this again talking about bare minerals and always mentions it with the Matte Nail Envy. I am a teacher who has worked in many schools and I have never heard of a school that doesn't allow teachers to wear make up or nail varnish. She also has a thing about nurses and make up - they are allowed to wear make up too as far as I know! She is a very knowledgeable lady but she does talk rubbish sometimes!

Yes you are right. Although I've retired now, we could wear it and thank god for that, because without it I looked as if I had been dug up and hit with the shovel.

When I started training in 1969, we couldn't. We had a 'inspection' every morning... short finger nails, hair off collar, no make up and uniform dress below the knee. It was awful.

Last week I was in OPD and saw a young student nurse with a stud in her tongue! How things have changed

I don't think some hospital workers can wear nail varnish - my sister can't. She wanted to grow her nails so I bought her matte nail envy as the original has worked wonders for me but she said that she still couldn't wear it as germs still stick to it. She said that they used that uv light to teach them how to wash their hands etc - perhaps its not a good idea for AY to tell people to buy the matte version as the reason they say no nail varnish is to avoid this?!?

I think Alison and her colleagues are missing a trick :) Instead of just pushing stuff for Christmas, they should be thinking about the Chinese New Year, Purim, Kwanzaa etc - so many occasions for people to want to buy candles and other gifts :D

Latest posts

Back