outerwear by trespass tsv?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd bet upon one of those what used to be known as 3 in 1 jackets, with detatchable fleece lining, I can't think of what other sort of outerwear they'd do, as it's a sporty Millet's type shop. I've always thought the 3 in 1 is a bit misleading as the three ways are on it's own, with the fleece, or just the fleece, although it's technically 3 ways, I guess it just sounds more useful that just a coat with detchable fleece...anyway that's what I think it's going to be.

I've never really liked this kind of coat, great for fell walking, but think they look a bit frumpy, and they're so damn bulky.

Last edited:
I totally agree.I know the type of jacket you mean..........and this what I'm expecting!

However,I'm on a mission to start walking to and from work - and am looking for a "practical" coat....................but agree this is what you normally get when you think practical coat!

I'm just hoping I'm kinda gonna like it and at a decent price!!!!!!!! (Then again.knowing QVC,it won't be!)

I totally agree.I know the type of jacket you mean..........and this what I'm expecting!

However,I'm on a mission to start walking to and from work - and am looking for a "practical" coat....................but agree this is what you normally get when you think practical coat!

I'm just hoping I'm kinda gonna like it and at a decent price!!!!!!!! (Then again.knowing QVC,it won't be!)

It's difficult, cause you'll want a coat that's warm, waterproof, and smart, and those 3 elements don't usually go hand in hand, but if you only want it to walk to work and back, I'm sure you'll find something practical and stylish in Marks and Sparks, without having to resort to looking like a fellwalker. Nothing wrong with fellwalkers, and this sort of coat looks great in the right setting, I think, but as a regular coat, I really do think they're aging..don't do it!

Have just popped over to the qvc website to check 'em out, and tbh, they're all pretty short in the body....you'll freeze your bum

Last edited:
It's difficult, cause you'll want a coat that's warm, waterproof, and smart, and those 3 elements don't usually go hand in hand, but if you only want it to walk to work and back, I'm sure you'll find something practical and stylish in Marks and Sparks, without having to resort to looking like a fellwalker. Nothing wrong with fellwalkers, and this sort of coat looks great in the right setting, I think, but as a regular coat, I really do think they're aging..don't do it!

Have just popped over to the qvc website to check 'em out, and tbh, they're all pretty short in the body....you'll freeze your bum

:mysmilie_687:

Try walking any distance in one of those waterproof outer things and you will be a dripping puddle by the time you get to work. Not a pretty sight.

It does depend which brand you buy - Berghaus are about the best, but extortionately priced, and I never had any probs with turning into a puddle with 'em ;) even doing fairly regular and heavy duty fell walking in the Lakes when I was in better health . I'm after a new fleece and have just seen a nice Tresspass one on the website, so will hang on and see if it's on offer or owt tomorrow...:D

Frumpy they may be but they are practical for those who do no get about by car. I have a Tresspass jacket (no fleece lining) and have not found it to one of those 'that turn you into a puddle'. The advantage of these types of jacket is that they are windproof which is very handy when waiting for public transport as they are much warmer than a traditional coat or jacket. But then I don't care if I look like an old and frumpy mini yeti if I am warm and dry. :mysmilie_697:

I'd bet upon one of those what used to be known as 3 in 1 jackets, with detatchable fleece lining, I can't think of what other sort of outerwear they'd do, as it's a sporty Millet's type shop. I've always thought the 3 in 1 is a bit misleading as the three ways are on it's own, with the fleece, or just the fleece, although it's technically 3 ways, I guess it just sounds more useful that just a coat with detchable fleece...anyway that's what I think it's going to be.

I've never really liked this kind of coat, great for fell walking, but think they look a bit frumpy, and they're so damn bulky.

I boiught a coat of that type a few years ago from QVC. I had to force myself because they really aren't my style BUT it has proved to be extremely useful. It is waterproof, with a number of zip up pockets, a tuck-away hood and it came with two zip out fleeces. I can't remember how much it was but it must have been reasonable or I would never have bought it. It has been a godsend, despite the fact that I look like a traffic warden when I wear it! The only thing is that it is thigh length (as these things usually are) which means that your legs get wet,so it would be nice if someone would design a longer length one in a colour other than black.

Well have to say I'm not after a smart jacket and it is essentially to keep me warm and dry - I'm going to wait and see what they come up with :)

I have a trespass type jacket I bought from TK Maxx - I cycle to work. It has been a godsend as it has rained or snowed since. It is also windproof and has kept me warm. Also it looks ok. I think go for it if it is a good tsv, as skiiing is very popular and they are like skiing jackets. Also I have seen trespass in TK Maxx and they are good quality garments!! It is more trustworthy thank a centigrade type waterproof jacket after all and it should do the job.

These are practical but sooooo boring. You can get fleecey's in any shop or department store for a lot less. Yes I know they are a good make etc. but yawn, I want to be excited by a TSV not bored to death.

How is this outerwear, I realise i may be a wimpy southerner who hates the cold but i'd freeze to death if i went out in that!

I would like to say a big thank you to Loveheart,who I will now think of as the voice of reason. I had put two of these fleeces in my shopping basket on line, then came on here to see what everyone thought, and have come to my senses and emptied the basket! They aren't very inspiring or fashionable,cosy and sensible yes, but one of my New Year's resolutions was to be a bit more adventurous with the clothes I buy.
Thanks Loveheartxxxx
That's my first resounding f.a.r.t of 2010

They're definitely not outerwear! Very sporty looking, but you'd catch your death in one of those. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the the recent IW pig o' the day was better than that -two lined zip up fleeces for £19.99! you had a choice of black and about 4 or five different colours, and they looked a lot warmer and substantial than these!

These ones look like a quick cover up to wear at the gym, or out jogging on a fairly cold day.

ps...Well f.a.r.t.e.d Pandora, Loveheart is quite right a fleece like that would be two a penny in town, specially in Primark. The IW set, that's if you do actually want a practical fleece looked a lot more practical and hardwearing! Thought they're no longer at the pig price!

Last edited:
These are practical but sooooo boring. You can get fleecey's in any shop or department store for a lot less. Yes I know they are a good make etc. but yawn, I want to be excited by a TSV not bored to death.

My thoughts exactly! I said that I would FART until the New Year (and I did) and this year, so far at least, it has been easy to continue. By the way, my B Makowsky bag has not arrived yet. I am being sent the letter of course but that will takes weeks to arrive. Maybe it will arrive today............
Also, the grey agate ring that I had on waitlist is due to arrive too. After that, nothing and it looks as if it is going to stay that way for a while.

Another Feck-up by QVC !

I mean its minus stupid degrees outside , the sales opportunity would be vast for down filled or warm jackets and what do they offer ?

A pair of ruddy fleeces :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

I'm wearing something more substantial than those fleeces right now - and I'm indoors! :mysmilie_17:

I've got fleeces and hoodies and sweatshirts and these aren't particularly nice special or unique ones are they? None of the colours are very "me" either so it's an easy F.A.R.T. for me. :mysmilie_1744:

The bottom line is I don't really want it, I don't need it and I could get better and/or cheaper somewhere else.

(Can you tell that I want to be Loveheart when I grow up? :mysmilie_1209: )

Latest posts

Back