Beauty Makeovers - 22/04/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not getting it either, doesn't look very inspiring and don't think much to the guest presenter - would have preferred the 'literally' lady and bet Ally Young would too! :giggle:

And Love A'kin it IS Nalintha on the website - AY has just mentioned it!

Last edited:
The sizes don't look very big. Foundation is only 15mls. The eyeshadow and gloss are on offer on their website. 3 for the price of 2. The foundation and blush are only minis.

Would have had it if the foundation was a larger size.

I've totted up the price from the website and (based on a ml for ml value) the TSV comes in at £57. Decent value, but I'm not convinced by the quality. Looks a bit Superdrug-esque.

There don't seem to be many products either, just the TSV and the eye kit. QVC haven't made much of a commitment to the brand.

I've wanted to try Myface since it came out but I think I'll wait for the inevitable flood of products on The Bay.

:hi: I wasn't certain either. I expect Alison will tell us if it is. She likes to big up Nalintha doesn't she?

Finger crossed that the Fair option is more pink than bliddy brown!

I think Nalintha is the face of that brand. They hav a stand in Boots in the metro centre and her face was plastered all over it.

I also wondered how much brown makeup peopel really need - perhaps QVC are trying to sell leftovers from autumn TSVs in the US?

I think Nalintha is the face of that brand. They hav a stand in Boots in the metro centre and her face was plastered all over it.

I also wondered how much brown makeup peopel really need - perhaps QVC are trying to sell leftovers from autumn TSVs in the US?

:flower: :hi: I thought it was her! I wonder why she's not on the shows?

Yep it's odd about all the brown isn't it?

Much as I love a chocolatey or taupe eye I also know I don't suit most "nude" lip colours, and can't wear blusher with any brown in.

A whole face load of browny shades reminds me of the monochrome make up of the late 80s and early 90s. I couldn't carry it off then, and I certainly can't now.

It's such a shame. :sad: I was quite looking forward to these shows.

The presentation was rubbish I thought.

I want to see the colours, and the textures, and I want to see the products going on. Hints and tips and techniques would be cool as well. Not how many times can we mention blimmin' Cheryl Cole in an hour!
:angry:

Makes me think of the famous Bellepierre brand they pushed at us as a TSV last year. Didn't appear much after that, once I believe.

As I said we have it in Boots and I did look ages ago and walk away. All looked bland and boring.

This TSV is not for me either. I'm presently loving the LG make up I bought in Feb and don't want to switch from BnB back to a liquid foundation. The Medium kit would be for me but I already have a lipgloss similar to the one shown and have loads of mascara as well. The only item I really like the look of and don't have much of is the eyeshadow which I'd happily go along to Boots to buy on its own.

LA. Nalintha apparently is stranded somewhere hence why she is not on the shows.

I don't think the colours for the fair skin tone are very flattering - Alison looked like she had a mucky face. And the model who was in medium looked better BEFORE in my opinion. The model in the medium to dark looked okay (I think ... only caught a few seconds of her).

I suppose it's a good kit for folks who want to try the range, as some of it is small sizes. I don't think all Boots carry it, only the flagship stores - as I went to look and it was only in the Metro Centre and Eldon Square in Newcastle, nothing local. What QVC are stocking is the no.2 shade of each skin type, so be aware that there are 3 shades in each of fair, of medium and dark. Really porcelain skin needs no. 1 of fair, no. 3 of fair is honey tones. Can't say I was overly impressed by the ingredients list of talcs, parabens and chemicals, (printed so small I couldn't read some of them at all) but whatever works for you is fine.

The eye colour to me looked a bit too glittery. I can't do glitter at all as I look like a Christmas tree fairy. I also thought the packaging looked a bit cheap.

I also wasn't really impressed with the make up artist either even though he has a Bengal kitten called Lulu!

The presentation was rubbish I thought.

I want to see the colours, and the textures, and I want to see the products going on. Hints and tips and techniques would be cool as well. Not how many times can we mention blimmin' Cheryl Cole in an hour!
:angry:

I couldn't agree more. The presentation was absolutely terrible. They didn't show the choice of products, the didn't show them being applied and all Ali Young did was bang on about the so called celebrity following. Then we had bliddy Lulu going on about how the lip pencil\gloss\stick make her lips look much bigger! PUHLEASE!!!
This product is just the sort of thing that I woud have bought BUT the presentation was so irritating and uninformative that I changed channels.
Maybe Julia will make a better job of it later on today.

I'll be giving this one a miss too. When you saw the products all lined up in front of Alison and the guest presenter, you could see how titchy they were. May have considered it if there was a larger foundation. I agree with previous posts - too much mention of celebrity users!! To be honest, Alison relies heavily on celebrity mentions these days and if they are supposed to be impress me, she is failing miserably!

Beauty Makeover 22/04/10

I missed the start of the midnight launch but was interested in getting some new make up. I stayed up until the 1 a.m show to try to see what the foundation was like, I would be a medium, but until Lulu came on, when I switched off in disgust, the only color they showed was the fair foundation, no description of eye shadow or lipstick, and all the time was spent in AY ranting on about pics of celebs. not interested in what celebs are wearing, only interested in what would suit me.

to hear Alison and Lulu screeching at 1 a.m. is the stuff of nightmares. It is all so ambiguous to put it poltely, as this line is marketed (produced?) by John Frieda, Lulu's ex, as is, I believe, her Time Bomb. So her endorsement is not exactly impartial.

I was dismayed to see the word mini in the descriptions, the LG TSV which I bought is all full sizes and a was the same price. Besides as much as I love the taupe/chocolate colours a girl only needs so much.

Will check out the range in Boots though.

I missed the start of the midnight launch but was interested in getting some new make up. I stayed up until the 1 a.m show to try to see what the foundation was like, I would be a medium, but until Lulu came on, when I switched off in disgust, the only color they showed was the fair foundation, no description of eye shadow or lipstick, and all the time was spent in AY ranting on about pics of celebs. not interested in what celebs are wearing, only interested in what would suit me.

to hear Alison and Lulu screeching at 1 a.m. is the stuff of nightmares. It is all so ambiguous to put it poltely, as this line is marketed (produced?) by John Frieda, Lulu's ex, as is, I believe, her Time Bomb. So her endorsement is not exactly impartial.

They really must think we are simple minded dolts who believe in faery tales not to suspect, then verify something like this when we see it.

Latest posts

Back