Just wondered .........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Toril

Registered Shopper
I don't often return goods to QVC but I am returning a top tomorrow. I packed it all up today, stuck the label that was attached to the invoice on the front and then noticed that the returns label is a pre-paid one, albeit 2nd class.

I've always paid postage to return items in the past, so is this a new 'offer' or have I been merrily paying postage when I needn't have done. Or is a pre-paid label sent out with certain items?

Their return address is also very small while my name and address are more obvious, so I've had to circle theirs to draw attetntion to it or it'll end up being delivered back to me. :mysmilie_505:

The lablels on the invoices are not prepaid postage ones, you only get those if you call to say and item is faulty and they will send you a prepaid one.

Hi Toril
The label on the invoice does not normally cover the cost of postage. It says on the top to note that it doesn't. I think it gives details of weight and advises second class post, probably because of the cost.

I've never known items sent out with a prepaid return label. If the item is faulty or damaged and you phone up they will send you one.

I'm afraid I think you'll need to pay postage on it as you have done before.

I've noticed my name and address on the label before but never had anything sent back to me - but there's a first time for everything i guess!!

I don't often return goods to QVC but I am returning a top tomorrow. I packed it all up today, stuck the label that was attached to the invoice on the front and then noticed that the returns label is a pre-paid one, albeit 2nd class.

I've always paid postage to return items in the past, so is this a new 'offer' or have I been merrily paying postage when I needn't have done. Or is a pre-paid label sent out with certain items?

Their return address is also very small while my name and address are more obvious, so I've had to circle theirs to draw attetntion to it or it'll end up being delivered back to me. :mysmilie_505:

I think you are looking at the wrong bit...if you hold the invoice in front of you, you'll notice it's sort of in 2 pieces - one big piece on the right and one small piece on the left. It's the small bit on the left you need to use to return to QVC, if you use the other bit then yes the parcel may well end up being sent back to you!

As the other bit is the part QVC use to get the parcel to you, it's often enclosed in a see through envelopey type thing so it's not clear that it's been used if that makes any sense at all?

But if you look on the reverse of the invoice, again on the left hand side all the return instructions are there.

Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone.

I'm still confused though :confused: (and I'm blonde, lol) because the label has the same kind of 'stamp' that a pre-paid envelope does. Also the wording on it says "Postage Paid."

When I went to stick it on I thought it looked different to the usual label, because I have returned parcels before, and I looked in the bag to make sure there wasn't another one inside it. The returns slip was also detached from the rest of the label when I opened the parcel. There was no other bit of label with any address on it.

My name and address is very prominent on the top left hand corner with "From QVC/Ship to...." above it, while their returns address is very small and barely visible above a whacking great barcode.

I'm quite happy to pay the postage, especially as the parcel is feather-light, but I may double check with the Post Office tomorrow ......... just incase or I'll undo it and double check what I've put inside (label-wise.)

And failing that I'm losing the plot, and so had better get to bed, lol.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I'm still confused though :confused: (and I'm blonde, lol) because the label has the same kind of 'stamp' that a pre-paid envelope does. Also the wording on it says "Postage Paid."

When I went to stick it on I thought it looked different to the usual label, because I have returned parcels before, and I looked in the bag to make sure there wasn't another one inside it. The returns slip was also detached from the rest of the label when I opened the parcel. There was no other bit of label with any address on it.

My name and address is very prominent on the top left hand corner with "From QVC/Ship to...." above it, while their returns address is very small and barely visible above a whacking great barcode.

I'm quite happy to pay the postage, especially as the parcel is feather-light, but I may double check with the Post Office tomorrow ......... just incase.

Just checked an invoice and the bit you descirbe there is not the returns label, that is the label for it being sent to you. The returns label is on the left hand side of invoice and on back it has the bit for you to fill in.

I think it sounds like Gemster said - you may be looking at the bit tahts used when its being sent to you - there should be a detachable section to the left of that with label on one side and for you fill in on other side.

Hope you can work it out.

And failing that I'm losing the plot, and so had better get to bed, lol.

Well ..... I can confirm that I was losing the plot. :blush: No excuse, except that I packed it up to send back as soon as I came in from having a wisdom tooth removed. So with stitches and painkillers plus me, it was a deadly combination.

The thing that 'threw' me was that when the invoice fell out of the bag (in two pieces) there was a large label on it which I then peeled off and put on the front of the parcel. I got something else delivered this morning and that large label was missing because it was on the front of the box, so the postman knew where to deliver it. On the package for the top I've returned, my address was already on a label on the grey bag it came in - hence the reason they didn't need to use the one on the invoice. Hope that garbled explanation makes sense.

Before I went to work this morning, I undid the parcel and found the returns slip which I had filled in, plus (of course) the correct label to get it back to QVC. It's now winging its way back to them

Thanks to all of you who guided me in the right direction. I can't believe I was so stupid, lol. Let's blame it on the dental visit. :wink:

Well ..... I can confirm that I was losing the plot. :blush: No excuse, except that I packed it up to send back as soon as I came in from having a wisdom tooth removed. So with stitches and painkillers plus me, it was a deadly combination.

The thing that 'threw' me was that when the invoice fell out of the bag (in two pieces) there was a large label on it which I then peeled off and put on the front of the parcel. I got something else delivered this morning and that large label was missing because it was on the front of the box, so the postman knew where to deliver it. On the package for the top I've returned, my address was already on a label on the grey bag it came in - hence the reason they didn't need to use the one on the invoice. Hope that garbled explanation makes sense.

Before I went to work this morning, I undid the parcel and found the returns slip which I had filled in, plus (of course) the correct label to get it back to QVC. It's now winging its way back to them

Thanks to all of you who guided me in the right direction. I can't believe I was so stupid, lol. Let's blame it on the dental visit. :wink:

Mystery solved!! I had to return something myself today and I was frantically searching for my postage paid label to save myself some money!! Hope you're feeling better now.

slightly off topic but thought I would say that the returns parcel getting delivered back to you does hapen cos its happened to me twice! Silly postie didnt notice mine was the senders address I think because it is printed larger than the qvc return address

I've had returns returned to me too so I always scribble thru my address to make it easier for the postie.

Also at the PO the last time I returned something to QVC, the guy at the PO stuck the postage sticker over the barcode on the return label, AFAIK the barcode is scanned as the parcel is received back at the warehouse; the refund took much longer to process and I wonder if it's because they couldn't scan the barcode on the outside?

Wouldn't it be nice if a QVC person would answer when we have Qs like this; afterall we know they read this forum. I can understand them not being drawn into discussing our opinions but a bit of factual info would be useful and benefit both sides surely?

Jude xx

yes,I have the odd parcel turn up too!! My lady at the post office normally lines through my address if i don't do it ,to stop this happening.

I do know people who have just stuck the returns label on the front and not paid - not realising they have to pay - and it turns back up again.

To be fair I don't think the presenters make it clear enough that you have to pay the posatge to send it back - all i ever hear is "if you don't like it for whatever reason just pop it back to us"

aww glad you got sorted Toril, sorry my explanation last night wasn't as clear as it might have been - just re-read it now and I actually confused myself!

But it was late - and I knew what I meant, just couldn't explain it very well! :mysmilie_501:

But it was late - and I knew what I meant, just couldn't explain it very well! :mysmilie_501:

I knew what I meant too, but came across as a total drongo, lol. That'll teach me to post late at night. :wink:

And yes, Topaz, I'm fine thanks. It was painful obviously, but it was preferable to the throbbing pain I'd had for a week prior to the extraction, and anyone who's had an abscess will know what I mean. But at least I won't have any problems with that tooth again.

Here's hoping the parcel doesn't turn up here again. :grin:

Latest posts

Back