Returning next January???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've posted 5 questions about my tablet on the QVC website (3 of these were combined).

I doubt if at least one will meet their conditions, as I asked whether the flickering screen after wakeup was a fault or normal!

Fear not GajetGuru will shortly answer your question by pointing out what you're doing wrong! There can't possibly be a fault with QVC or its products :giggle:

Jude xx

BTW, I downloaded 2 free books to try out this feature.

It took me days to find where they had gone, it was by no means obvious!

I found them yesterday, then I tried to read them, and they were not in a format that the tablet could read, even though I got them from the Prestigio store!!!!!

I've just put on the free "QVC BONUS ADDED VALUE" screen saver.

There were no instructions whatsoever.

Having opened the packet, there was what I thought was the screen saver, but actually the thing itself was sealed between 2 outer sheets of clear plastic.

I got these mixed up, and tried to apply the wrong one (they all looked the same).

Eventually I put the correct one on, but it was IMPOSSIBLE to avoid lots of bubbles all over the place. These are visible and look terrible when the screen is black, but also show up when the screen is lit up and are a bit distracting (I guess there are about 50).

The touchscreen still seems to work OK, but the feel of the screen is not as good, it is not as smooth to glide finger over as the original screen.

Personally I don't see the point of asking questions on their website.....when they first started the idea,I thought great..the "experts" will be able to give advice...but they don't.You're lucky to get a question answered...and even then,its only someone elses opinion...it hasn't come from the company or qvc.

A question to Applepad users - - - - - -

I've just been watching a product video on the QVC website on my Prestigio and wanted to make the video full size. The full-size button didn't do anything, so I tried enlarging it with my fingers, and that didn't seem to work either.

I've now discovered that I can enlarge and shrink with my fingers, but ONLY on text. So I have to move the video off the screen then guess how much to enlarge it, then go back to the video. My fingers won't change the size at all on the video picture.

Does this happen the same on the ipad? Also, does the full-screen button on QVC videos work on the fruitpad

Also, on the iPad if you turn it 90 degrees, you get a widescreen larger picture.

Also, on the iPad if you turn it 90 degrees, you get a widescreen larger picture.

The prestigio does this too, but I could not enlarge the video with my fingers, only the rest of the webpage.

Please can someone tell me if you can do this with the ipad as I am looking for justifications for returning it and getting one.

The prestigio does this too, but I could not enlarge the video with my fingers, only the rest of the webpage.

Please can someone tell me if you can do this with the ipad as I am looking for justifications for returning it and getting one.

Yes, the video does enlarge when watching QVC live through the app on the iPad. I've just tested it. Turned the iPad 90 degrees, which enlarged the video and then tapped the little arrow button in the top right hand part of the screen. It then further enlarged although I can now only view 3/4 of the product detail box. But it does do it. I've just tapped the arrow box again to reduce it to the normal enlarged size and I can see the whole of the product info box now. The streaming is super clear though.

Return the Prestigio, you know you really want an iPad!

On a serious note, why don't you pop into a store to look at an iPad. My local Tesco has one on display. John Lewis is another store that has them on display. if you live near an Apple Store you could also try one out there. I think if you buy direct from Apple and aren't happy with the iPad you can return it within either 14 or 30 days for a full refund. Apple are extremely good at customer service, and particularly after-sales service, unlike many tech companies.

I can magnify the screen (and the picture) by touching the screen with 2 fingers, but this will NOT work on the actual video. I have to move the video off the screen (by dragging my finger) THEN I can enlarge it (but can't then see the picture to see if it is the right size) then drag the video back again.

I don't think the full screen button on the video itself did anything at all, I will have to recheck this.

I use a credit card to get rid of bubbles. I am really OCD about it on my iPhone. You do have to clean it first as air dust particles are impossible to get rid of when trapped.

PJ

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

Yes, the video does enlarge when watching QVC live through the app on the iPad. I've just tested it. Turned the iPad 90 degrees, which enlarged the video and then tapped the little arrow button in the top right hand part of the screen. It then further enlarged although I can now only view 3/4 of the product detail box. But it does do it. I've just tapped the arrow box again to reduce it to the normal enlarged size and I can see the whole of the product info box now. The streaming is super clear though.

On a serious note, why don't you pop into a store to look at an iPad. My local Tesco has one on display. John Lewis is another store that has them on display. if you live near an Apple Store you could also try one out there. I think if you buy direct from Apple and aren't happy with the iPad you can return it within either 14 or 30 days for a full refund. Apple are extremely good at customer service, and particularly after-sales service, unlike many tech companies.

A good idea to have a play with an ipad in Tesco now I know a bit more about tablets. I have a giant one 10 minutes walk away.

I use a credit card to get rid of bubbles. I am really OCD about it on my iPhone. You do have to clean it first as air dust particles are impossible to get rid of when trapped.

PJ

I will try this. Do you have to peel back each corner first then smooth it down? I did clean it thoroughly with screen cleaner fluid and cloth first.

I will try this. Do you have to peel back each corner first then smooth it down? I did clean it thoroughly with screen cleaner fluid and cloth first.

I don't peel back just use my card to push the bubbles to the edge and they go off the edge :)

PJ

Just to add I did try doing it on my iPad but the screen was just too big and dust kept getting trapped. Thanks to the Smart Cover I have been without a screen saver for well over a year and apart from the odd screen clean with glass cleaner spay there is still no scratches on it.

PJ

The Apple Smartcover is brilliant. Mine's in red leather and my iPad screen remains in scratched. I pop it into a neoprene sleeve when not in use to protect the back

If you have a Currys superstore near you, they have an Apple stand with people who can help you too. hope this helps.

I am thinking of returning it as it definitely seems to be faulty.

When it "goes to sleep" (either manually or after a period of unuse) it comes back on with the screen so dark that it is unreadable. It then has to be reset (with a paperclip) and has to do a full reboot (with about a minute of Prestigio advert photos to sit through).

Also, the browser keeps freezing with an error message asking me to close it or wait. If I click wait, it then works again immediately!

I think I would like another tablet, but still very unsure about an ipad, because it has no connectivity for getting my music, photos and videos onto it, cannot connect to TV, and cannot be expanded if I need more memory than I've initially chosen. Also, of course, it is very expensive.

BTW does it have GPS as standard? How long does it take to boot up from cold?

If anyone wants to convince me to get an ipad, despite the drawbacks above, please feel free.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back