Pants on Firealash!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes the products which contain the glaucoma treating active ingredient in pharmaceutical level percentages probably do work. For patients with glaucoma the lash growth and darkening was an observed side effect (along with more serious issues like permanent changes in iris colour). But any cosmetic product you buy in the UK (like Rivatalash) is not allowed to contain the active ingredient in a percentage anywhere near pharmaceutical level. So the chances of any side effects (including lash growth and darkening - but also the nasties) are lower.

I guess the thing i dont understand is once uve used the product and ur lashes have grown, why do u need to continue using it ? why dont ur lashes stay the length they have grown too, its not like you cut ur lashes, obviously some will break off but the majority should stay that legnth for good. :S

Your lashes have a lift span of 4/6 weeks. They fall out and new ones are always growing in to replace them. So these products you have to keep using on the new growing lashes as well.

Your lashes have a lift span of 4/6 weeks. They fall out and new ones are always growing in to replace them. So these products you have to keep using on the new growing lashes as well.

Lol i guess i was just thinking it should be like the hair on ur head. Thanks for clearing it for me lol

I'm sure it does work. My point is that its not prescribed, and bought online from nefarious sources. Contrary to popular belief, doctors do more than merely put pen to paper and issue prescriptions. I think its plain irresponsible to encourage/advise others to buy this product without prescription or medical advice from a doctor. Eyes are serious stuff - we only have one set of them.

Not disputing that at all - and with my family history and hubby's rare condition that will cause blindness in the future, I'm very aware of how important our sight is. But people will pay (and suffer) for beauty. I believe companies like Revitatlash and EA are charging way over the top for something that IS effective, but costs so little medicinally. Their greed is pushing the cost of the medicinal product for people who have no alternative to pay either a lot of money to their insurance provider or to buy from overseas pharmacies, who have in turn jumped on the bandwagon in order to make a fast buck.

My cousin used to pay $3.95 for a bottle of Lumigan, but now pays nearly $30 for a generic version. Her insurance provider wants $125. It gets to the point where she either risks her eyesight to Glaucoma or risks buying something dodgy from the 'net. Thankfully, the pharmacy she uses has always provided the real thing and is pretty reliable (despite being hacked last year). My cousin buys with a pre-paid Visa card in order to avoid putting her security at risk. If anyone here was thinking of buying it cheap off the 'net, I would suggest they do that, too.

Latest posts

Back