Have you found any budget buys lately ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm another one who likes the AfricanSoap from Akamuti, but I order it in the dispenser. Good for shampooing the hair too.

I saw argan oil on Q last nite for around 40 quid incl £3.95 p&p. It was when AY was doing her show in the states. They raved about how it revolutionized their skin etc & introduced the rep who would be a guest for it over here when it's on air.

I couldn't believe the price as I get mine here for a tenner!....100ml
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARGAN-OIL...tem4165046b5a&clk_rvr_id=463168144993&afsrc=1

It's lovely oil, a little goes a long way. My mum uses it as a night serum under her cream and uses it for their doggie who has had skin issues since a pup.

Last edited:
I note that the lady who sells the great cleansing balm on EBay that Vienna recommended is now selling a night balm, might not be quite like decleor but worth a go for £4,am going to give it a try, as love the cleansing balm, and moisturiser. She is also doing a Shea hand cream and serum, I may try them, such good prices and p&p included, you cant go wrong IMO x

I`ve been trying out a skin serum from the Boots Botanics range. If anybody suffers from rosacea or like me they have sensitive skin which just reddens up for no reason then it might help. Its the Botanics Ultra Calm skin serum, currently on offer at Boots, a third off the usual price and I pat it on about 5 minutes before I use my moisturiser and it doesn`t half ease the redness. Its under a fiver at the moment.

For those of you who tried and liked the cleansing balm from Ebay I`ve got the face serum, eye cream and night cream winging their way to me so I`ll feedback when I`ve tried them. All under a fiver each and the cleansing balm has become a firm favourite of mine and other people too.

Any Yankee candles fans out there Asda have the simply home range and have some tarts for 50p each theres a Cinnamon, autumn blooms and a spice one,. They also have some new Simply home frangances out including Morning blossom, Tranquil beach and Tropical Coconut. Morning blossom is one of my new favourite frangrances and any Coconut fans will love the new version of that. I just bought the tarts and there £ 1 each and no p&p charge.

Have to admit I haven't tried this yet because I managed to get 2 of the L'Oreal lash stuff from Amazon ... thanks Nikki.
http://www.superdrug.com/eyes/gosh-the-secret-of-longer-lashes-serum/invt/613850
It was featured as a much cheaper but just as good alternative to Revitalash in a Sunday magazine and gets good independent reviews on the web. I like the idea that it can also be used on the brows and as mine are decidedly sparse in places I'm going to give it a try.

Apologies for quoting myself. I went ahead and ordered the growth serum and as there was a 3 for 2 offer I added Velvet Touch primer and X-ceptional wear foundation ...well, it would be rude not to wouldn't it? For the 3 items the total cost was £27.98 with free P&P.

The serum promises results in 2 weeks so I will report back.

Hmm ... am I expecting too much? :mysmilie_17:
false eyelashes.jpg bushy eyebrows.jpg

This morning I received my eye cream, face serum , night balm and the new shea rich handcream from Elimae, the lady who sells the cleansing balm on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rich-shea...dmade-/330899834457?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Nails
I`ll try the face products tonight but I must say the new shea rich handcream is lovely, much better than her original handcream.
Thanks Vienna, I had the night balm arrive this week and quite like it but used far too much the first night and it did not sink in very well, so just using a tiny bit now, it does seem to calm my skin down, please let us know what you think of the other items as i would like to try the eye cream and serum. I do love the cleansing balm and moisturiser, x

Fluff you made me laugh, and how cute does Flossie look? :heart:

Aww thanks, Bexi. This is a more recent one of the little minx.

I buy lots from from CheapSmells ... great site. :mysmilie_59:

Thanks Vienna, I had the night balm arrive this week and quite like it but used far too much the first night and it did not sink in very well, so just using a tiny bit now, it does seem to calm my skin down, please let us know what you think of the other items as i would like to try the eye cream and serum. I do love the cleansing balm and moisturiser, x

How does the night balm differ from the cleansing balm? My cleansing balm arrived when I was really poorly with the flu and my skin was a bit dry and flaky. Must admit I just popped it on as a moisturiser. I use it as a mask now as well. Usually in the evening. I cleanse with it then go back for more and leave it on for 20 minutes or sometimes all night.

It's blinking fab. It's as good as the Neals Yard balm but not quite as divine as ESPA. The texture is a bit iffy in that you the odd lump but given the price and its handmade I'll happily live with the odd lump. Anyone know the shelf life? I will definitely buy again.

Do you know I wrote repeat purchase then. ****** shopping telly lingo getting into my pea brain!

Last edited:
Tink
The shelf life of Elimae`s products is 6 months because there are no perservatives in them. Tonight I used the face serum, night balm and eye cream. The secret with them all is not to use too much. When I opened the skin serum I thought it smelled quite strong and looked a tad thick but I followed her instructions of putting a fingertip over the top of the bottle then tip the bottle just once, repeat on the next 2 fingertips, then rub fingertips together with the other hand and apply. I was happily surprised. It isn`t greasy at all and soaked in straight away and the fragrance didn`t over power as I thought it might.
The night balm is a lighter texture than the cleansing balm but once again don`t use too much. You only need a small amount , it kind of liquifies on your hands which makes it easily applied and is like a night cream. I used it on top of the serum.
Lastly I used the eye cream which sadly I didn`t like. It made me look as if I`d been crying, didnt soak into the skin around my eyes and actually seemed to irritate my eyes.
Two out of the three products are a hit with me and for the price there`s no need to stockpile them because it isn`t as if I have to save up for them.

The ebay seller of the cleansing balm has her new skin serum on offer for April. Its usually £5 for 10mls but she`s offering 30 mls for the same price this month because its a new product. I`ve been using mine for over a week now and I must say my skin feels more supple and softer. I`ve been applying it under my moisturiser both day and night.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/face-seru...&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=330899886405&#ht_394wt_1082

Thanks Vienna, I ordered the serum and Shea hand cream from that seller and it arrived today, like the serum but found the hand cream a bit "gritty" in texture and it feels more like a balm to me, what do you think? I do quite like it though, but think I will just use it at bedtime, none of her products have upset my skin which is great but think I will avoid the eye cream as I know you we're not keen and my eyes are very sensitive. X

The eye cream irritated my eyes LetzB. The shea handcream is better than the original handcream but like yourself I only use it at night and surprisingly overnight it seems to work just fine. So far my 2 hero products have been the cleansing balm and now the serum, both of which need to only be used in minimal quantities.

Just been to town this morning and noticed Boots are now selling Yankee candles, there at full price but at least you get ur advantage points and hopefully there may be a 3 for 2 at some point. Also nipped into poundland and noticed they are now selling craft items, peel offs and different card stock , im not a crafter myself but maybe worth having a look if you are.

Few more bargains Ive found from Lidl. I very rarely go there as its abit out the way however called in yesterday and bought some argon oil hair conditioner for £1.49 for 150ml and a tea tree face scrub for 99p for 250ml. The conditioner i used today and im impressed so far, has left me hair very soft and shiny, they also do a shampoo and hair treatment oil. The facial scrub is fantastic , its made my skin feel much smoother and softer, the grains are not rough and its perfect for a light exfoliation and a bargain at the price. They also have hair shampoo and conditioner and face wash in the tea tree range

Latest posts

Back