Alison Is Not Too Shy To Shine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Oh dear Alison, you just had your 48th birthday this week. As the QVC beauty expert really should know better, for you with age does not come wisdom.

I turn on and there you are shinning so bright the space station can see you. Someone at QVC really needs to take the shimmerbrick away from her. I swear her face is shiny and bright as the synthetic hair piece she is wearing. Everyone else on the show looks normal. But Alison has two bright almost white day-glow strips under her eyes, a strip down the nose and a blob on the chin.

Alison has taken the powders "illuminating" properties a tad tooooo far, happy birthday Alison

Someone asked her last night on air what she was wearing on her face, she said 'mally primer then two layers of BE mineral foundation them more mally primer then shesido foundation the more BE products' talk about overload that can't be good for her skin.

Boll***s does she put on a Mally Primer sandwich!! It would mess up the BE stuff underneath!

In real life its a bet she is wearing a brand not sold on QVC. But has to get in as many brands as possible they sell. No way in hell could she be wearing all those on top of each other.

She probably put a coating of preeeemyem cement to stop those UVA/B rays reaching her face area so that she can look all jewy for you in her purple shoulder-padded boiler suit.

If she was telling the truth last nite, it makes you wonder why cant one of the brands make a decent foundation if she feels shes needs to layer several items, it doesn't show much faith in the brands she mentioned does it.

The BE foundation should look lovelyon its own with a light dusting of blush. I don't use the brand any more but when I did it was lovely. She isn't a very good ad for it is she?

The BE foundation should look lovelyon its own with a light dusting of blush. I don't use the brand any more but when I did it was lovely. She isn't a very good ad for it is she?

I use BE and like it however if I hadn't used it b4 having heard her last nite I wouldn't be trying it

Honestly a short sighted transvestite prostitute moonlighting as a Vegas showgirl with a poorly lit dressing room would apply more subtle make-up than miss Allie - what a state!

AY is hurtling toward 50 and she knows that the secret to staying young-looking is a clever prescription of products skilfully applied (she's a make up artist your know!) and in a few years time we'll all marvel at how her ingenious application of sculpting light and shade, together with flattering colours can keep her looking like this:

Barbara-Cartland.jpg

Boy George does his make up better than she does.
Beauty expert? make up artist?
If your skin is good, as hers should be with her million products, then you should only need a light natural make up.

I agree with everything that hss been said and the Barbara Cartland pic is genuis. But I will add in the interests of balance that the strong studio lights have almost a bleaching effect which is why traditionally stage make up and make up worn when filming is usually stronger in colour to what they would usually wear, is usually applied a little heavier and is at risk of "melting" because the lights are so hot so needs setting properly snd regular re-application. Eyeliner, blush (a matt one never shimmer) and lipstick rather than gloss are very important even for the men in most cases because you just look washed out without it. Once I went on stage with a pearl effect eyeshadow on. During the interval I was told to change it to one without shine because the light reflected the particles back out so my eyelids appeared bright pink!

For Alison to look so bad she must be wearing ten times the amount she actually needs to wear but she would need to wear more than her every day make up.

I remember years back when make up was on QVC AY use to apply to the models. She was totally crap at applying it.

the other presenters wear make up and seem to get it right and they are not beauty experts.

I have said it before i would not trust her to paint my garden fence and as for her being a make-up artist blahhhhhh.

I picture a few possible scenarios re her hair, clothes and make up:

1) Backstage the 20something stylists offer to help her with her on air wardrobe but Ali will have none of it, she can manage quite well on her own actually.
2) Backstage the 20something stylists don't like her and send her off to present a show knowing she looks awful, sniggering to themselves
3) The stylists are 80 something (with apols to all 80+ stylists still in the biz)
4) Will and all backstage staff are terrified of AY and don't offer any opinion about how she looks for fear of being slapped.

Latest posts

Back