BCC - what happened to half price?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
In previous years, all items on air in the BCC show, were half the usual price. What's happened this year? Is it the credit crunch hitting QVC?
I know it's for a good cause, but suddenly this event seems to have lost some of it's appeal.
What a let down!

ALL the money is going to BCC, so how can it be a 'let down'? Good on QVC I say - there are times when you have to put the needs of others first and not think of yourself.

all the money is going to bcc, so how can it be a 'let down'? Good on qvc i say - there are times when you have to put the needs of others first and not think of yourself.

totally agree,what happened to the "it's for a good cause",so does it really matter if it is not "half price".you are still getting bargains.

they do keep saying "net" profits or whatever, so i would perhaps raise the point that what we do actually pay isnt all going to BCC if thats what they are saying. :1:

There's nothing wrong with more than half price, but it is what tempts many in to buy. Especially as we are in a difficult financial time

ALL the money is going to BCC, so how can it be a 'let down'? Good on QVC I say - there are times when you have to put the needs of others first and not think of yourself.

Here, here! If people are paying more than half price, then more money will surely be raised with each item sold? What they're doing is a good thing, no?

In previous years, all items on air in the BCC show, were half the usual price. What's happened this year? Is it the credit crunch hitting QVC?
I know it's for a good cause, but suddenly this event seems to have lost some of it's appeal.
What a let down!

I know what you mean, but then again I never been quick enough to get anything before it sells out lol:33:

i have to agree...I love that the cheaper prices give a real opportunity to try a product without having to feel bad about wasting money on something...I would almost go so far as to say that I would be willing to pay full price for products. Obviously the excitement would not be there and the thrill of grabbing something at a brilliant price would not be there, but I totally support and celebrate the fact that the charity is still a part of QVC. A huge thanks to QVC for making it happen - one of the best tv charity events!

If you try after the event some items will come back into stock.
At least,that's what happened in previous years.

I agree. I missed the Gatineau kit as it "sold out" but I've just been back onto the website and was able to buy it after all :)

Without question the most important thing about tonight is the money raised, but if I'm being honest, it didn't feel as exciting I bought 3 things (B & W, headphones, pink cardi), but I was really looking for what I could justify buying - I donate to 3 charities every month on a sponsorship basis, and actively support the Helen Rollason Heal Cancer Charity; headed by my husband's wonderful oncologist, Professor Neville Davidson, but unfortunately there is a limit to what I can afford to spend - if the items on BCC night are items I would use anyway, then it's a great opportunity to donate to this wonderful cause without exceeding my budget (like many people I'm feeling the crunch) - so I guess when the products were cheaper, I could afford to buy more of them. I would love to have been one of the people who could afford to bid £000's on the auctions to benefit BCC, how wonderful to be able to do that.

re qvc

Slightly disappointed with the items tonight ,but all money went to good cause,if anybody got spare teddy could you let me know ,was trying on line on q cut didnt recognise number,tried on line couldnt get it ,got the earphones ,normally get the loccitanne and the philosophy but none in tonight show,wonder why they did not donate as excellent cause and they get recognision for donating,but total was excellent for cancer well done to qvc for this fab event :1:

they do keep saying "net" profits or whatever, so i would perhaps raise the point that what we do actually pay isnt all going to BCC if thats what they are saying. :1:

For charitable donations, I'm not sure how the tax/VAT issue stands, but presumably if the items are subject to VAT the 'net' remark takes into account that payment?

I think raising money is the most important thing, and we have just got used to the half price thing , but I did feel that QVC could have explained that this year they where only going to discount the goods not sell them at half price as in previous years.

My Mother and MiL have both had breast cancer, so this is a charitable cause very close to my heart. I'm afraid the poster of this thread has rather lost sight of the meaning of the event. I managed to get a few things last night thanks to the hard work of forum members - thanks very much to all of you.

Money raising is indeed the most important thing here: I lost my mum few weeks ago to cancer and my sisters little boy has leukemia.
I don't mind spending on a good cause, even if the items are not half price!
I think some customers only look at the bargain price and their wallet and do not think about the good cause behind it, that is typical for our todays society. I agree that QVC should not have advertised the BCC shows as that the items will be half price, as this was not the case
I hope that QVC will donate all the money to BCC. Charitable causes are normaly VAT exempt.

On a broader scale, I wish that our governements would spend more of taxpayers money on worthy causes, I am sure that a cure would be found sooner if not all the money was wasted on war, administration...... etc

Latest posts

Back