Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Have to say AY looks great tonight on the Tsv launch , her makeup and skin looks fab, hair is nice (no hair pieces) and she has a lovely blue lace dress on. :mysmilie_59:Huge improvement to how she looks sometimes. I also think her and Keeley work great together.

I think she looks really nice too. I'm not so keen on her dress, but her hair and make up are really good.

We don't know what, if anything's, been the matter with her recently but she looks much better this evening.

She does look pretty - and that dress is nicer than the tsv lace number from Trinny and Susanah!
Think Alison is an attractive lady - just wish she would change her hair colouring, it's just too harsh and old fashioned IMHO! If it weren't sooo blonde and if she used a couple of different shades together it would look softer and much prettier... Doubt she will take my advice though ;) SHE is the beauty expert after all!

But I do still find her over-bearing with guests (though less so with Elemis and Decleor). Ho hum!

The shade of royal blue is perhaps too strong for her colouring and a slightly lower neckline, more along the lines of Keeley's soft v neck would lengthen her neck. On the whole Alison is looking better than she has of late.

Alison gets it right now and then and looks good! Then she goes back to the WTH does she look like at the drop of a hat. Why can't she keep it up instead of going down the thick heavy makeup and clothes that look awful on her? I have no idea? You need to meet Gok for a good chat and let him in your wardrobe to get rid of the awful stuff. Some of the female presenters seem to know how to look natural makeup wise even having to wear heavy makeup for TV. Yet Alison who is the beauty expert does not.

10+ years ago she wore mainly soft muted colours and pastels which suited her skintone and pale hair colour. The vibrant reds and strong primary colours are too strong for her colouring and just adding more eyeliner, blush and shimmer brick doesn't change that. If she want's to wear these colours I'd agree a deeper base hair colour with high and low-lights would look better imo.

I`d love to see a change of beauty expert full stop. She`s old hat, outdated, gets it wrong more often than she gets it right, is more of a sales woman than an expert these days and is often downright annoying. Time for a change, a fresh new person with more up to date training. Alison is like Q`s beauty ranges, ie. stuck in a time warp and again like Q, her best days have gone. Time to move on.

I`d love to see a change of beauty expert full stop. She`s old hat, outdated, gets it wrong more often than she gets it right, is more of a sales woman than an expert these days and is often downright annoying. Time for a change, a fresh new person with more up to date training. Alison is like Q`s beauty ranges, ie. stuck in a time warp and again like Q, her best days have gone. Time to move on.

Mandy from Akin would be a great replacement IMO, She used to be the Beauty Expert on Ideal world and now appears as the Brand ambassador for Akin. She looks stunning and is a similar age to AY, she is very knowledgeable and doesn't shout her point across. She gets my vote :mysmilie_59:

I think Mandy would be too timid for QVC and she's almost the same age as AY anyway. I like Alison and I think that a lot of what we might find irritating is forced upon her by QVC. Regardless of her expertise, I'm sure she's forced to meet the same sales targets as the others. I wouldn't want to see her changed. I like her humour too. Not one of the other presenters can conduct a beauty show as good as her. They might take you through it but they have no deep knowledge of the products.

OT, but since when were salespeople known as "brand ambassadors"? Talking their position up to sound better?

And why isn't AY in any of the Christmas promos?

AY needs to go away and be retrained, times have moved and she just seems now to go with the celeb using the products etc. Even managers in high end counter have to go for refresher training on the products in their brands. AY used to tell us she was the one telling the buyers what brands to get. Now its more of which companies are willing to work with QVC. Times have changed companies work online and can do their own pricing deals with websites.

She doesn't even give real advice about products any more. She sits and Will tweets. In the old days real people phoned in and got, "No, I would use that for your problem, try X or Y instead." Oh and she was always cack handed at applying makeup on the models.

If they replaced her, within a month this forum would be clamouring to have her back.

Everyone gets knocked down on here eventually, so i assume her replacement would fare no better.

Latest posts

Back