What Lessons Have Qvc Taught You?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
For me the following lessons I've learnt from Qvc and this forum are ....

1. Always price compare , Qvc is rarely the cheapest unless its a great TSV which are few and far behind these days.
2. Don't fall for the hard sell, Presenters/guests will tell us anything to sell the item, even if it involves stretching the truth.
3. Easy Pays shouldn't be used to encourage us to buy more , stick to your budget.
4. DSR (never heard of it before joining this forum )
5. Take advantage of the 30mbg, we are certainly paying for the privilege
6. Dennis Basso is a ****** :mysmilie_51:
7. Qvc do send out returns and if you find a teabag in you item then its more than likely someone on here lol.
8. Qvc Presenters are sales people nothing more and nothing less.
9. There is a limit to the amount of items you can return using the 30mbg.
10.Jill franks doesn't use every beauty item on air ( even though she leads us to believe this )
12.Delivery isn't always 3-5 days, and that's if the item even turns up.
13.Doesnt matter if you a miss a TSV as 95% of the time, there back the next week at an introductory price.
14.The "Dreaded" High Street isn't that bad, they have some great deals.
15.It was Qvc's lost when they cut ties with this forum :mysmilie_10:

Great post Autumn. I also learnt about their outlet stores on here too. And that waitlist is pretty much useless, to always add the p and p to the cost of the item when doing a price comparison.

1. QVC have introduced me to beauty brands I now love, (even if they are no longer with QVC) - Molton Brown, Gatineau, Mally, OPI
2. QVC have introduced me to crafts I now love that I hadn't previously tried
3. QVC's 30 MBG makes a difference to my decision to buy and try expensive electronics such as the my now well-loved GTECH Airram, Polti and Oreck Steam Cleaner
4. QVC have made me aware of gadgets and gizmos I never knew existed, even if I've bought them elsewhere
5. QVC means the same to me as a customer as any other retailer that I use on a regular-ish basis, I'm neither a raving fan nor a rabid critic, they set out their wares and I buy only what appeals to me but don't take it personally when it doesn't.

If you use any toner bought from the high street, the skin will peel off your face within 3 days.

I've learnt that I am not as gullible as they seem to think I am as I don't fall for the spiel that gushes out of the likes of AY.

I've been introduced to brands I'd never have tried but in the end, gone back to my tried and trusted brands - and I now experiment with different ones that I wouldn't have, some but not all from QVC.

The biggest difference QVC has made to us though, is the Cozee Home fleece bedding which makes my bed SO warm and cozy.

I've probably learned more from this site, though, about being seduced by smooth sales talk and not accepting QVC's excuses for poor customer service because their call centre staff are so nice. I was inclined to make excuses for poor delivery before joining you all here. Thank you one and all!

But mainly I watch QVC for its entertainment value nowadays because I don't order a fraction of what I used to.

1. My TV has an OFF switch and I`ve learned to make full use of it.
2. The presenters are nothing but actors playing a part.
3. Q are stuck in a time warp
4. Always to read the forum and Q`s facebook page for honest feedback about Q.
5. That they couldn`t organise a p*ss up in a brewery because of all the cancelled orders and slow refunds I`m reading about.
6. That some people are prepared to accept bad service from Q which they wouldn`t accept elsewhere, its as if they`re brainwashed because they keep going back for more.
7. That the world is a very big oyster and so many things can be bought easier, quicker and cheaper elsewhere.
8. That I really don`t want to shop with Q anymore !

Look on here for advance notice of TSVs then do research on other sites
Always add in the cost of P&P
Don't buy expensive handbags unless you wear contact lens
Their craft is now Sh*te
jill franks lives in a unit on an industrial estate to house all the QVC products she owns
Always have the remote close to hand when Ann Dawson comes on to turn her down ( or off)
That my face won't fall off without elimis marine cream
That lots of the so called top brands still have nasties in them
That I am 'so over' Loccitaine
That the pump of laura geller primer will go off years before I will use it all
That they need bring us some exciting new brands

The first class customer service site delivers to my local waitrose,for free, and very quickly now that makes me very very happy

For me the following lessons I've learnt from Qvc and this forum are ....

10.Jill franks doesn't use every beauty item on air ( even though she leads us to believe this )

If she does use them they don't actually work as well as she would like us to believe.

Jump to the phone in haste and repent at leisure. Just watch and wait because you'll find that the next item is also amaaazing and the one after that even more amaaaaaazing and you will want them all. Sit on your hands and you'll soon find that actually you really don't want any of them, or at least you can figure what you really do want.

The introduction to me of lots of gadgets and tools, most of which I've bought much cheaper elsewhere, the latest being a Mobilelite.

PS QVC have spelt it wrong

The introduction to me of lots of gadgets and tools, most of which I've bought much cheaper elsewhere, the latest being a Mobilelite.

PS QVC have spelt it wrong

Phew you didn't mention the ummm :mysmilie_846: :mysmilie_11:

* That The Jewellery Channel is infinitely more entertaining.
* The High Street is an evil place not to be trusted!
* QVC have sold out on their old values and are a pale shadow of what they once were.
* QVC are ruthless, underhand and secretive.

Latest posts

Back