Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I may have this completely wrong, however....
Twice now I have watched the opening sequence of 'How to Lose Weight Well' on Channel 4. And each time I am sure that its IW's Joe Remblance that is saying 'I'd rather pull my toe nails out!'
Like I said I could be wrong - but supposing I am right! Fascinated to find out in the series ahead

Oh Howard you lying piece of shite. Watching a repeat of a heated airer and in the first 15 minutes he has gone into several lenghty tedious explanations about why he gives stock updates, as it's heading for a sellout. And when it's gone, it's gone.

Of course, it looks ridiculous because the show is a repeat and the thing is still in stock however many days later that it is. It beggars belief why they come out with this crap when they know they repeat shows regularly.

More embarrassing scenes

At 11pm last night it was due to be the rug doctor portable pick of the day but that never happened (obviously sold f all at 9pm)

So they show a repeat of the air dryer from earlier in afternoon where Howard is saying "it wont last the hour 80% sold" so 11pm last night repeat of him saying this wont be here again.

Well show on now we have Paul Berk motivational man with Joanne shouty Saffer both screaming about this bleeding air dryer and slagging tumble dryers to the nth degree.

Why have two presenters on a bleeding air dryer show? this channel is in the pits make no mistake

Again it is the last live show and not even limited stock Howard you are a liar my friend plain and simple

Joanne started her hour this morning with the fleece leggings which, she said, wouldn't have been here but for the wonderful support and pleading from two of her colleagues, and then she thought of someone else who had pleaded and diligently brought them to air, thank you, thank you, thank you, was the kind of opening for these bliddy leggings........and the price of £10 was incredible and cheapest, cheapest ever!

Well what a performance! The same leggings were POD the other day for £9.99!!! FGS get a grip!

More embarrassing scenes

At 11pm last night it was due to be the rug doctor portable pick of the day but that never happened (obviously sold f all at 9pm)

So they show a repeat of the air dryer from earlier in afternoon where Howard is saying "it wont last the hour 80% sold" so 11pm last night repeat of him saying this wont be here again.

Well show on now we have Paul Berk motivational man with Joanne shouty Saffer both screaming about this bleeding air dryer and slagging tumble dryers to the nth degree.

Why have two presenters on a bleeding air dryer show? this channel is in the pits make no mistake

Again it is the last live show and not even limited stock Howard you are a liar my friend plain and simple

I caught a few minutes of this show and was struck by the size of the clothes on the rungs of the heated dryer: so small were the garments, it looked liked they were heating the Borrowers laundry! Why not put some reasonably weighty garments on the rungs and give it a real test...Big Brodel's undercrackers would be a good start.

plastic chairs are back again, apparently if you go to the shops they would be over 1k, yeah they might but would be real leather not fake bits made from scraps of leather and glued together

It's one of the things that winds me up the most, the stupid claims about the prices of chairs "out there"

I say claim.....it's an outright lie! I wonder how many older people get suckered in, especially when they go into oh so sincere mode and explain how they can raise up to help you stand unaided.

The so called massage function demo always makes me laugh. The presenter lolls around in the chair, sleepily, and mentions what part of the body they're feeling the 'sensation', sometimes even before the 'expert' has even touched the appropriate button. They show the control to the camera as if the person in the chair is unaware. They know what is being shown because they're told in their ear! This partial review accentuates my thoughts....... 'it was just like a bee had been trapped under the fabric at the back and gave no effect of stimulation whatsoever'

I rarely watch these days even for a few mins, same products, same verbal tripe, this is usually how it plays out for me:

(hop on to IW, hear this within 5.2 secs)

'We're at the busiest point of the show, the web has gone CRAZY, listen guys I'm not trying to pressure you but ...'

(hop off IW)

And, whilst realising almost all salespeople in the world do it and are to an extent obliged to, it makes me increasingly annoyed watching these muppets acting as though everything they're selling is literally the best thing since sliced bread. As someone touched on above, acting as though they're 'having a moment' when on the massage chair, 'having a moment' when they put some packet diet food in their mouths, watching in supposed disbelief as a pressure washer cleans dirt off a car etc etc.

I long for the day when a presenter (who's already decided they're jacking it in but hasn't told anyone) is live on air and say's any of the following:

'This massage function is GIVING me a sore back not taking it away, oh and by the way viewer you DO realise 'bonded leather' basically means sh1te leather, yes?!?'
'This packet diet food is making me want to throw up, YUK, get me a BUCKET!!!'
'£500 for an electric heater ... are you having an eff'ing LAUGH?!?'

and so on ... :)

TONIGHT we have a very very exciting POTD

Something we have not seen for at least 3 days, something we were told less than a week ago was out of stock but was still being sold online the whole time since

YES it is the electric dryer it is incredible it is back and it is the very same product

last one out switch the lights of please

apologies to the good people at Ideal

This is a different model, still hardly exciting stuff plus yet again loads of thin vest tops showing the capacity of it

you keep telling us how bleeding cold it is stick some jumpers or even trousers on there? nah

Hi everyone.

I tuned in at around 11:00am today for the first time in a while. Dirty Peter was on, in his Red ‘P’ Pinny, shilling Blue Magic with Bo Selecta.

Bo was smearing Grease on a Mirror and asked Dirty Peter ‘do you use Grease?’. Cue the inevitable ‘jokes’ about chafing etc etc etc. It said ‘Repeat’ on screen but it could have been first broadcast years ago, it’s hard to tell.

This isn’t getting any better is it? :mysmilie_59:

On the website they’re shillng a Vostok Energia Rocket with a Box for £830 but if you use discount code ‘200200’ can get a whopping £200 off.

However, you only have to look at the video of a previous sale and you’ll see they were shilling it for £600 so even with that whopping discount it’s £30 more.

Shameless even by their standards :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/vostok-europe-gent-s-energia-rocket-with-pvd-stainless-steel-case-interchangeable-straps-and-4-slot-collectors-dry-box-386637?icn=vostok-europe-gent-s-energia-rocket-with-pvd-stainless-steel-case-Homepage-Mini-1&ici=Homepage_Mini_1

8A10E226-1213-4102-8A88-EA4842BC561D.jpg

Good to see you Wirral wondered where you had been.

Nothing has changed infact like you say any of these shows could be from the last year and nobody would have a clue.

Check the Paul Becque thread if you need a laugh :)

**Tuesday Treat** The secret is out the bag,
@CalumBest
will be joining us on Friday for the launch of the
@thebestmelife
journals. To get your hands on your very own, simply...

❤️ Like this post
✍️ Comment a question below for Calum!

T&C's apply: (link: https://bit.ly/2WctAVx) bit.ly/2WctAVx

Wonder who a good choice for presenter would be? :mysmilie_11:

At least it is something different, essentially it seems to be a diary but anyway

**Tuesday Treat** The secret is out the bag,
@CalumBest
will be joining us on Friday for the launch of the
@thebestmelife
journals. To get your hands on your very own, simply...

❤️ Like this post
✍️ Comment a question below for Calum!

T&C's apply: (link: https://bit.ly/2WctAVx) bit.ly/2WctAVx

Wonder who a good choice for presenter would be? :mysmilie_11:

At least it is something different, essentially it seems to be a diary but anyway

I see the BestMe Life Journal is made from ‘Vegan Leather’.

He’s certainly on the right channel if he wants to shill overpriced pleather :mysmilie_59:

Joanne started her hour this morning with the fleece leggings which, she said, wouldn't have been here but for the wonderful support and pleading from two of her colleagues, and then she thought of someone else who had pleaded and diligently brought them to air, thank you, thank you, thank you, was the kind of opening for these bliddy leggings........and the price of £10 was incredible and cheapest, cheapest ever!

Well what a performance! The same leggings were POD the other day for £9.99!!! FGS get a grip!

I see the leggings are priced at £16.99 today but you can have them for £10 as part of the POD. Great deal and no pleading to be done :mysmilie_8:

Peter Vol au vent has now joined the bogus personal anecdote club.
He has just been spinning a load of bull about the radiator fans ,claiming he bought them before he came to Ideal World !
And who did he buy them for ?
That's right ! HIS MUM .
Peter Vol au vent's head was hanging low with shame as he uttered this claptrap , but I'm sure that with a little practice he'll soon be able to spin fairy tales with the same insouciance as Joanne or Meltdown Mike.

Last edited:
Callum Best!!?? Hasn't his life been pretty much one train wreck after another? And nothing surprises me about Vol au vent anymore. Anybody who can maintain that creepy smile while staring at the camera is capable of anything :)

Latest posts

Back