Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Each demonstration consists of a couple of dodgy embroiderers of the truth(to put it mildly) plying their trade in a horrible parody of what should be shopping tv.Even those who were once reasonably decent presenters eventually seem to turn 'Dodgy' as pressure to sell any old c*** outweighs any integrity.

Each demonstration consists of a couple of dodgy embroiderers of the truth(to put it mildly) plying their trade in a horrible parody of what should be shopping tv.Even those who were once reasonably decent presenters eventually seem to turn 'Dodgy' as pressure to sell any old c*** outweighs any integrity.

Sadly this sounds about right.

Take the 'Pizza' BS. There is nothing that could be done about such disingenuous nonsense, it was vaguery personified.

Don't get me wrong, we use our Halogen Oven regularly and I'm sure using it would be cheaper than using an Electric Main Oven even though we don't have one but I've never understood the claims that they cook so much faster, I've genuinely never found this to be true (although they only ever claim they are 'up to xx%' faster which is typical marketing tripe.

The biggest benefit for us is that it's easier to clean than the main oven but faster? Never found that myself :mysmilie_59:

The Vanessa Feltz Fan Club has just proudly announced that Elizabeth Grant is 'Award Winning'.

And the Award?

The Ideal World 'Your Choice' Award.

It's getting worse isn't it? :mysmilie_59:

The ship's clientele must consist largely of his friends and family, as they are the only ones likely to be under the delusion that he is any kind of "celebrity". I'd say that of the remainder, only those desperate for a snapshot with even a Z-list so-called "sleb" would think this a good deal. Of course, when they bring back their snapshots and people say "who?" they might change their minds. For some reason, he is being promoted as the IW cruise 'guru' - perhaps because nobody else wants the job. Stuck on a cruise ship with Shaun - oh, the horror of it!:mysmilie_17:

From Ideal's website...

Exclusive 'Cruise With Shaun' Offer

Join Ideal World's Shaun Ryan, our very own Planet Cruise TV Show presenter & TV personality.

Shaun will be hosting an exclusive VIP cocktail party onboard just for guests booked on this special 'Cruise With Shaun' cruise. Shaun will be spending time & sharing these amazing ports of call with the guests throughout the cruise, & there will be plenty of opportunities to get a few momento snaps with Shaun.... definitely one for the photo albums!

Leaving the unfortunate 'Cruise With Shaun' title aside, I am truly perplexed that Ideal are seriously promoting the idea that his presence on a cruise ship will be enough to persuade certain customers to part with over £1000. I can understand the attraction of a well known 'celebrity', or someone who has a genuine expertise, providing quality entertainment/educational experience. As for Shaun's experience on cruise holidays, how is that any different to any other customer who has embarked on multiple cruises? What special expertise or perspective will a shopping tele presenter have over an 'ordinary' holidaymaker? I really don't get it. (I know he has a regular spot flogging cruises, and is supposedly good friends with 'cruise supremo' Beefikeefi, but I can't see him having any special insights regarding the various destinations)

The 'TV personality' reference seems to there purely for marketing effect. As far as I know, Shaun's television experience includes QVC and then Ideal World, where he has been since its inception. Is that enough to call yourself a TV personality? I suppose it must be. As for the opportunity to get a few 'momento snaps with Shaun', how sad would you be to want to be seen with a presenter, albeit the longest serving presenter, of an increasingly dreadful shopping channel?

Being stuck on a ship with people who are starstruck by Shaun Ryan would be the stuff of nightmares, not something I'd want to pay serious money for :down:

Last edited:
Sadly this sounds about right.

Take the 'Pizza' BS. There is nothing that could be done about such disingenuous nonsense, it was vaguery personified.

Don't get me wrong, we use our Halogen Oven regularly and I'm sure using it would be cheaper than using an Electric Main Oven even though we don't have one but I've never understood the claims that they cook so much faster, I've genuinely never found this to be true (although they only ever claim they are 'up to xx%' faster which is typical marketing tripe.

The biggest benefit for us is that it's easier to clean than the main oven but faster? Never found that myself :mysmilie_59:

Now people, this is what I call a true and accurate endorsement of a product regularly shown on IW. I laughed my effin socks off when after cooking some junk in it, only then to say, it should be browned off in your big oven. What a bunch of shlocky shockmeisters.
Ideal World - you are on notice, we know you are in deep doo doo, enjoy it while it lasts! If I could have laid a turd on your lawn, I would have it already. Have a nice week end people!

Now people, this is what I call a true and accurate endorsement of a product regularly shown on IW. I laughed my effin socks off when after cooking some junk in it, only then to say, it should be browned off in your big oven. What a bunch of shlocky shockmeisters.
Ideal World - you are on notice, we know you are in deep doo doo, enjoy it while it lasts! If I could have laid a turd on your lawn, I would have it already. Have a nice week end people!

Their merchandise appears to be increasingly made up of largely informercial style fodder from 20 years ago which I guess makes sense for a clearly struggling outfit that in fairness cannot really compete with the big retailers. Take the latest bucket load of products from Old Lizzie Grant and her miracle 'discovery' Torricelumn (TM).

Putting aside the Torricelumn (TM) hocus pocus do people not question, not even for just a moment, that if they're dumping 12 pots of supposedly 'high end' potions in their increasingly glittery packaging for £60 then they might just be really buying some very basic face creams but in posh(ish) pots?

I think it's pretty safe to assume that at £5 a pot (retail) the product inside each pot is probably worth literally pennies and is mostly made up of generic moisturising ingredients found in just about anything you will find in a plain packaged Poundland potion, they'd have to be wouldn't they? For balance most 'beauty' products have eyewateringly high mark up's but I have to say that there's something particularly schlocky about the whole EG spiel, in my personal opinion. And let's face it, you can't genuinely price check EG's potions, like much of what Ideal World (and QVC) sell. Anything you can price check is invariably available elsewhere for less.

But as ever it's up to the buyer to give some thought to these things, it's their money.

And at least you can spread the cost of buying such overpriced offal on Flexipay :mysmilie_59:

And at least you can spread the cost of buying such overpriced offal on Flexipay :mysmilie_59:

I honestly think that most of their products are only actually worth about the same as one Flexipay payment, since if they can't send round bailiffs because it isn't legally enforcable as it isn't licenced credit (unlike what Nanty seems to think), then apart from sending threatening letters from (maybe) fake solicitors/downgrading someone's credit rating (?) there isn't that much more they can legally do.

Even if certain Ideal World products are actually worth more than one Flexipay payment, they appear to insist on a 50% markup in the majority of cases unless there's something they really want to sell because it's very popular.

So I've just seen it all now, on the latest ceramic heating special, Peter V was using an ipad app as the thermal imaging camera which is only a real-time thermal vision effect on camera view with colour offset setting and four different color presets, so the thermal camera is utter bullshyte.

They still say that you have to heat the whole house if you have central heating and you don't get the crash, bang, wallop of noisy central heating? well my heating makes no noise at all. Just buy them! in fact buy two!

Anybody else notice the interest free flexi pay band on the bottom of the screen for the pick of the day!!
surely the ASA are watching.

Should have actually read, win Christmas tat not worth winning.
I wonder if you would really want anything in this link, I bet you don't win all this.

http://www.idealworld.tv/winchristmas

Pity the poor unfortunate winner :mysmilie_59:

There are a few bits and pieces that may be worth having in the picture (bedding, two heaters (not the ceramic heaters I notice), laundry press, cheap mobile phone, paint sprayer, vacuum cleaners, etc.) but much of it is purely landfill and certainly not worth the hassle of entering.

win-christmas-content.jpg

There are a few bits and pieces that may be worth having in the picture (bedding, two heaters (not the ceramic heaters I notice), laundry press, cheap mobile phone, paint sprayer, vacuum cleaners, etc.) but much of it is purely landfill and certainly not worth the hassle of entering.

View attachment 12843
If this is win Christmas, what exactly does that mean?

If it means winning stuff you could then attempt to sell off to afford to pay for Christmas presents people would want and appreciate... maybe.

I'm not sure that much of what is in this bundle would be things you'd gift to someone - either it would seem over-generous for many... as well as slightly insulting.

Speaking for myself, this array of products wouldn't provide many, if any, gifts for Christmas - there is a small number of people I buy for, on a small budget. I would embarrass people if I bought something that looked like it was pricier, or insult them if I bought them unsolicited household items like the ironing press or one of the vax items in this bundle. I'd have zero use for any toys. I wouldn't want to enter a competition to win this stuff for the main reason that I wouldn't want to risk winning it.

Too much hassle for my liking... even though no doubt some of the products in here are good products, and worth having, if they are things you need in your life.

How many more "Ceramic Heating Specials"?

Every day lately we see these over priced Radiators. Just how many suckers are there out there willing to shell out hundreds of pounds on these things?
The product isn't special, the price certainly isn't, and the demonstrations are farcical.

I don't know about this company being on it's last legs, but if they keep selling this over priced product almost every day, they must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Oh no it's fashion all weekend that means sally jacks will be on if that's the case i'll turning off all weekend.

Last edited:

View attachment 12843

Wow! I know that IW are becoming a bunch of shysters and the presenting is heading for rock bottom, but I would be thrilled to win all that stuff! I don't know what hassle is involved in entering...Ie you have to buy something between x and x date and then you'll be automatically entered into a prize draw to win it...Ok, chances are you wont win it, therefore I wouldn't just order something for the sake of it, but I really do think that it's a ****** fabulous prize and like I say I'd be totally thrilled to win it! Yes there's a few tatty bits there, but who cares? I can see soem big brands...extra large nutribullet, hoover, vaporetto, vax, there's a bike box...really can't see anything to slag off there sorry!

Wow! I know that IW are becoming a bunch of shysters and the presenting is heading for rock bottom, but I would be thrilled to win all that stuff! I don't know what hassle is involved in entering...Ie you have to buy something between x and x date and then you'll be automatically entered into a prize draw to win it...Ok, chances are you wont win it, therefore I wouldn't just order something for the sake of it, but I really do think that it's a ****** fabulous prize and like I say I'd be totally thrilled to win it! Yes there's a few tatty bits there, but who cares? I can see soem big brands...extra large nutribullet, hoover, vaporetto, vax, there's a bike box...really can't see anything to slag off there sorry!

If there's a copy of BIG BRODEL's latest healthy cooking book included then I'm in.

And if they can throw in some of DODDY FLUMP's Fig Powder I'll be in clover.

But they can keep the Mozzy, and their rare timepieces. I wouldn't want someone to miss out on a collectible BERMUDA because of me :mysmilie_59:

Oh no it's the vibrapower brand. Please IDEALWORLD just give fitness a rest between sunday and next january it's party season you boring old farts. Rick hay cannot get more irritating than any other guest/presenter.

Sally Jacks is on now on a bike show,has just said she lives in the Pennines,wish she'd get on her bike and disappear to The Pennines,never to be seen again,I for one would never buy a product from a show that Sally Jacks presents,she talks so much rubbish,awful woman,why Sally Jacks can't talk normally instead of screeching and talking to the viewers like they are children.Wish Ideal World would come to their senses and sack Jacks,she is a rubbish presenter.

Last edited:
Sally Jacks is on now on a bike show,has just said she lives in the Pennines,wish she'd get on her bike and disappear to The Pennines,never to be seen again,I for one would never buy a product from a show that Sally Jacks presents,she talks so much rubbish,awful woman,why Sally Jacks can't talk normally instead of screeching and talking to the viewers like they are children.Wish Ideal World would come to their senses and sack Jacks,she is a rubbish presenter.

Amy, Just when you thought your Saturday couldn't get any worse, your favourite IW presenter is now shilling Dormeo stuff, I know you really are a secret admirer of hers! Enjoy! :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back