Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter on with skinnnnn plastic man

He is certainly shrewd he is very happy to not say a word here the guest knows his brand inside out can talk all night about it and presumably ps is being told it is selling fine.

Any doubts he is not the full ticket are waved away by this show.

Quick flick to qvc apprantley you can get a clearance Dennis basso coat for 39 no mention it is on 4 easy pays not even a wimper about the 7.95 p and put

Even Peter Simon has said two payments plus p and put tonight anyway

oh god. Mrs tech expert is giddily talking about the VR headset shell again as though the headset itself is somehow responsible for the whole experience. Every so often dropping in a comment about how you need a phone with head tracking etc.

Next she'll be shilling a 3 pin plug and telling you that all you need is an electrical lead and a 50 inch television connected to the plug and you can get a amazing viewing experience from the 3 pin plug.

Ooh Ooh! she has just mentioned how she used to work for the BBC and knows sound, and that the £24 headphones they have are amazing. She knows sound, and £24 headphones are all you need

IdealWorld only sell mediocre products not many top brands anymore. Can anyone name one product that is a famous brand ? Nutribullet, Russell Hobbs and vax i can name.

Last edited:
IdealWorld only sell mediocre products not many top brands anymore. Can anyone name one product that is a famous brand ? Nutribullet, Russell Hobbs and vax i can name.

RH isn't a bonafide brand anymore! had a microwave supposedly from them which in fact had been made in china for asda!

Indeed most tv shopping products are tut... if u want anything then do research & then buy it if u wish - however IW are shysters when it comes to famously spurious claims

Peter on with skinnnnn plastic man

He is certainly shrewd he is very happy to not say a word here the guest knows his brand inside out can talk all night about it and presumably ps is being told it is selling fine.

Any doubts he is not the full ticket are waved away by this show.

Quick flick to qvc apprantley you can get a clearance Dennis basso coat for 39 no mention it is on 4 easy pays not even a wimper about the 7.95 p and put

Even Peter Simon has said two payments plus p and put tonight anyway

Both QVC and Ideal World should be dragged over hot coals regarding their loose language used to push their installment plans. However, I thought I was hearing things on QVC the other day.

They were selling an iPhone 6S at a typically eyewatering price. However, Jilly started her pitch by openly admitting that while the QVC price was actually OVER £100 more than Apple charge they were including 'Tech Support' worth £200 :mysmilie_483:

But after this brief (very brief) example of transparency they moved on (and stayed on) the fact that they offered Easy Pay :mysmilie_59:

I bought a Bosch vacuum a couple of weeks ago and I am very pleased with it, they do sell top brands sporadically.

I bought a Bosch vacuum a couple of weeks ago and I am very pleased with it, they do sell top brands sporadically.

You still sometimes have to be cautious with famous brands when buying cheaply though; don't know about current models but some of the cheapest Bosch washing machines weren't actually made by Bosch, and likewise at least some of the very cheap Panasonic televisions you sometimes see in supermarkets aren't actually made by Panasonic. If you look at the TV remote control for one of the very cheap models it could be that it doesn't look the same as a 'standard' Panasonic remote even though it has the word Panasonic on it, plus the on-screen displays would look different compared to the expensive sets and are actually the same as some of the other cheap televisions you can buy. They may be perfectly good products but quality and durability may not be as good as more expensive items; in short you almost certainly get what you pay for.

Plus some brands are also licenced to other manufacturers, with Ideal World using 'heritage' brands for their own products such as Pifco, Russell Hobbs and Tower and Pifco amongst others.

Yeah I have to be honest - over Christmas I bought one of the cordless Hoovers they were selling. I did my homework and googled reviews and prices and Idealworld were by far the cheapest and also did the flexipay. Got to say I'm really pleased with it.

Good stuff retro it is one area ideal do well in

Seeing the odious Richard Jackson not letting the presenter get a word in on qvc makes me wonder if him and Peter Simon ever teamed up

Mind boggles

Great little foot in mouth moment by gravel voiced Paul Berk? He was pushing the e-bikes for he was worth.....they are amazing....they make cycling fun...they are selling like hot cakes....half the stock is gone...etc etc.

Says the usual "pick up the phone NOW so that you don't miss out." Then talks to the guy with him about how when they were on TWO WEEKS AGO, he told his wife about them and she wants one. "So he is going to buy one for his wife".....they are selling so well and are so amazing that all of us need to phone in immediately. Meanwhile he has been dawdling for two weeks and still hasn't bought his???? :D

Great little foot in mouth moment by gravel voiced Paul Berk? He was pushing the e-bikes for he was worth.....they are amazing....they make cycling fun...they are selling like hot cakes....half the stock is gone...etc etc.

Says the usual "pick up the phone NOW so that you don't miss out." Then talks to the guy with him about how when they were on TWO WEEKS AGO, he told his wife about them and she wants one. "So he is going to buy one for his wife".....they are selling so well and are so amazing that all of us need to phone in immediately. Meanwhile he has been dawdling for two weeks and still hasn't bought his???? :D

The other week he was banging on about how much electric bikes used to cost when he first bought one a few years back, around £1000 or so he reckoned.

They do confuse us these goons don't they? You don't think they could be pulling our legs? :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back