Red carpet manicure gel - my best use for it

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
I have always had weak splitting snapping nails. Red carpet manicure gel has been good but it peels off or chips within 8 days and is a bit of a phaff to get off all the time.
I have been missing using my Nails Inc colours. In The last few weeks I have been applying the Red Carpet base and top coat and then painting on 2 coats of a Nails Inc colour and then a normal top coat. This has been giving me 15 days with the option to change colours during that time using a non acetone remover.
I have been so busy doing a kitchen refurb I have just left the same colour on and replaced one nail (where the gel lifted) completely and just put another top coat on after 4 days as the shine had gone due to all the cleaning and gardening. Day 6 today and more cleaning and gardening. As I am away from home and forgot the kit I may just stick on a coat of the OPI shatter if any of the layers start looking really tatty.

You can but Red Carpet Manicure direct from their own website - they often gave a colour of the month reduced too.
They also have a Facebook page where they advertise their offers.
I expect QVC can't compete on prices when you take into account the postage !

I have always had weak splitting snapping nails. Red carpet manicure gel has been good but it peels off or chips within 8 days and is a bit of a phaff to get off all the time.
I have been missing using my Nails Inc colours. In The last few weeks I have been applying the Red Carpet base and top coat and then painting on 2 coats of a Nails Inc colour and then a normal top coat. This has been giving me 15 days with the option to change colours during that time using a non acetone remover.
I have been so busy doing a kitchen refurb I have just left the same colour on and replaced one nail (where the gel lifted) completely and just put another top coat on after 4 days as the shine had gone due to all the cleaning and gardening. Day 6 today and more cleaning and gardening. As I am away from home and forgot the kit I may just stick on a coat of the OPI shatter if any of the layers start looking really tatty.

15 days? I have terrible nails and tried everything known to man. I'm lucky if I get two days varnish wear, or even a day on a bad day - and that includes gel with a lamp, they just fall off as well

I do something similar.I apply the Red Carpet as a French manicure from the original TSV kit ( the one that had all the problems with people receiving the wrong colours) using all the bits & setting it with the lamp. That lasts about a fortnight on me. In between I use my regular nail polishes, that I have far too many of! removing the colour when it chips with non acetone remover so the Red Carpet French manicure remains undusturbed underneath.

I've continued to use RCM for periods when I particularly need several days of perfect wear (holidays, trips away and special occasions etc). It's also more resilient to sun block and so on. But I can only really get 10 days' wear because my nails grow really very quickly. That is, however about 6 days longer than standard polish. And I do love the finish. I have also been trialling Sensational - an alternative range that is quite interchangeable. And there are a lot of ranges available (including Gelish made by the same company as RCM), so anyone disappointed that QVC are not stocking it anymore have a lot of options out there.

I use RCM on my toes myself and have my finger nails done at a salon.

What they do is apply a pale colour the first time and then every 2/3 weeks after buff off the top coat and some of the colour and then reapply a new base, colour and top coat. Going darker each time till you have run out of dark colours to move up to (they need to be a bit darker to cover the old one). Then remove all the lot and start again. I can go 3/4 months without removing. So it is easier and much less damaging as you do not have acetone on your nails very often. I also like the fact that they get quite thick so are therefore almost unbreakable.

They use a OPI gel colours and Jessica base and top coat but you can do this with any of them.

I use RCM on my toes myself and have my finger nails done at a salon.

What they do is apply a pale colour the first time and then every 2/3 weeks after buff off the top coat and some of the colour and then reapply a new base, colour and top coat. Going darker each time till you have run out of dark colours to move up to (they need to be a bit darker to cover the old one). Then remove all the lot and start again. I can go 3/4 months without removing. So it is easier and much less damaging as you do not have acetone on your nails very often. I also like the fact that they get quite thick so are therefore almost unbreakable.

They use a OPI gel colours and Jessica base and top coat but you can do this with any of them.
Thanks for the above. I have done a variation on this now. I applied the Red Carpet Manicure base and top coat, then 2 costs of Nails Inc and a top coat. When there was regrowth, I removed the top coat and nails inc with non acetone polish remover. I used an emery board to rough up the gel coats and then applied a base cost and top coat of the Red Carpet gel, then 2 costs of a nails inc and a normal top coat. Looks pretty good. Like yo this saves me having to use harsh acetone remover on my nails every 10 - 14 days. Am still painting and decorating and am amazed at how hard wearing both the Nails Inc and the red carpet manicure are!

Free top and base cost with free p@p if you order 2 gel polishes from the Redcarpetmanicure.co.uk website. Use code 'topandbase'
Offer ends at mignight tomorrow 21 November

Latest posts

Back