Strange email from Rubies in the Rubble condiments.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Last week, Thursday I think there was a 3 hour food around the British Isles show. On it were a company called Rubies in the Rubble who sold condiments + pickles. I only noticed it because I had received an email from them on that very day + thought it unusual as I had never heard of them + certainly not signed up to emails from them.

Today I received another email from them saying they were sorry about my complaint+ as I had flicked to unsubscribe they would make sure I was taken off their mailing list immediately. It's really odd as I have never emailed them or contacted them whatsoever. Does anyone think QVC could possibly have passed my contact details onto them despite saying they will never do this? I just find it extremely odd that I received that first email on the day of their very first show. I was just wondering if anyone else has had anything like this happen to them!

Strange that you happen to see them on QVC and are a QVC customer .To get emails companies can randomly email addresses but often get them from third parties.Sounds a bit coincidental to me.
When I shopped regularly at IdealWorld emails came from different companies featured on their shows.
Is there an opt out of marketing email feature on your account for QVC? Some accounts assume you accept marketing from third parties unless you UNCHECK a box.(just a thought)

Last edited:
I've never once in all these years got a related email from Ideal World but years ago I did from QVC for a beauty item, can't remember the exact name but I do remember the woman I spoke to didn't know why I got it. I just put it down to randomly picking emails from their list, there couldn't have been any other reason because I hadn't ordered it, it was some sort of eye cream if I remember rightly.

I just thought QVC said they would never pass your details onto any other company. I am sure that's one of the things they keep harping on about.

Just got a notification on FB to like their page, I've never looked at their FB page or heard of them until I saw their name on here. Something seems fishy to me.

Latest posts

Back