Ronni Nicole TSV 24/04/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ronni Nicole Cold Shoulder Swing Dress
Item Number: 163800
QVC Price £42.00
Todays Special Value £32.98
P&P £4.95

Welcome in the warmer weather with this swing dress from Ronni Nicole, featuring cold shoulder detailing and a loose, body-skimming shape. Choose from six gorgeous colour options to find your ideal dress; any of these shades will look beautiful worn casually in the daytime or dressed up with heels in the evening.

The shape of things to come – the loose, swing shape of this dress really lends itself to a range of looks. Head off for a relaxed day teaming the dress with sandals, a light jacket and an oversized tote bag. You can then switch it up for the evening by removing the jacket to show off the cold-shoulder detailing, and adding some statement jewellery and your favourite pair of heels.

95% polyester, 5% elastane
Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

Black
Citrine
Cobalt
Coral
Rose
White

Garment measurements:

Chest: 8: 87.6cm (34.5"), 10: 90.2cm (35.5"), 12: 92.7cm (36.5"), 14: 96.5cm (38"), 16: 100.3cm (39.5"), 18: 105.4cm (41.5"), 20: 110.5cm (43.5")
Hips: 8: 111.8cm (44"), 10: 114.3cm (45"), 12: 116.8cm (46"), 14: 120.7cm (47.5"), 16: 124.5cm (49"), 18: 129.5cm (51"), 20: 134.6cm (53")
Length: 8: 97.5cm (38.4"), 10: 98.3cm (38.7"), 12: 99.1cm (39"), 14: 100.1cm (39.4"), 16: 100.8cm (39.7"), 18: 100.3cm (39.9"), 20: 102.4cm (40.3")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.163800

Jilly looks absolutely awful in it, I wonder when the "stylist" is doing her "How To Put Someone In The Right Size Garment" course is. Cheap looking design, cheap looking material so even if I was still a QVC customer, it's a resounding no from me.

Jilly is doing her best saying she is not normally a dress wearer. She doesn't really try to pretend like some of the others.
I think the shape is OK if you like that type of style and material but the shoulders are not for me.

I once bought a Ronni Nicole dress off ebay, two sizes larger than my normal size, I managed to get into it but must have lost quite a few pounds trying to get out of it, so no way would I try again. It is time qvc sorted out their sizing and colours, imo the dress is not bad value for anyone slim enough to wear it and like the cold shoulder trend.

Nope not my taste at all and I really dislike the cold shoulder styles of tops and dresses. We were at a birthday party a few weeks ago and several people were wearing them but not one person suited them. One person was sitting opposite us and when she sat down and her arms were bent there were bulging bits of flesh poking through the gaps in the sleeves and it looked awful. Anybody with a bit of weight on them ( myself included ) or with chubby upper arms should avoid cold shoulders like the plague in my opinion.

Imo Chloe looks lovely in the blue tsv. If they say absolutely one more time I will scream...

I think the sleeve, what there is of it, doesn't work. If there must be a cold shoulder then make the sleeve down to the elbow, so flabby bits don't look like squashed sausages. Like said above, the cold shoulder is not a good look, and looks cheap rather than 'sexy'. I would be inclined to cut off the sleeve and have it as a sleeveless dress worn with a little cardi.

I don't mind he cold shoulder style but like Brissles says the sleeve bit in this one is too small. On some of the models, including Jilly, it just looks like a tight band arou d the upper arm that is not really part of the dress.

Thought cold shoulder was last year. Seems no be no shoulder or Bardot style now?

Personally I like the slashed neck style (a bit higher up than the Bardot style), with plain colours looking great with jewellery.

I'm jealous Turandot ! I've suffered with 'arms' since my 20's !!!!

Just looked on the Ronnie Nicole site on Q, and there's an awful lot that are on Clearance. Surely that begs the question her products are far too short unless you're 5'3 or less, her sizing goes up in 1" increments, and a size 20 will fit a size 16 comfortably ! Why don't the buyers do something about this ? Isn't it better to adjust the products to start with rather than have a lot of returns and lots of stock ending up in Clearance ?

In the early years I sent off for a few of RN dresses, but ended up returning them because of the sizing. I would have kept them because I liked the styling. Now I'm past wearing 'ordinary' length dresses, preferring maxi dresses/skirts, but still RN hasn't learned the shape of British women.

I'm jealous Turandot ! I've suffered with 'arms' since my 20's !!!!

Just looked on the Ronnie Nicole site on Q, and there's an awful lot that are on Clearance. Surely that begs the question her products are far too short unless you're 5'3 or less, her sizing goes up in 1" increments, and a size 20 will fit a size 16 comfortably ! Why don't the buyers do something about this ? Isn't it better to adjust the products to start with rather than have a lot of returns and lots of stock ending up in Clearance ?

In the early years I sent off for a few of RN dresses, but ended up returning them because of the sizing. I would have kept them because I liked the styling. Now I'm past wearing 'ordinary' length dresses, preferring maxi dresses/skirts, but still RN hasn't learned the shape of British women.

I was wondering this morning why all the RN dresses are so short - can they not see that on the models they just look wrong. Obviously not. I also wasn't aware that the sizing on this range was so off too. Glad I read your post.

I like this. As it was my bday on Saturday, I've been sent lots of emails from restaurants and clothes shops so I thought I'd check some of them out. Found a very similar one in DP. Think I might try that one instead.

IMG_7319.jpgIMG_7320.jpg

I felt sorry for Gilly, she held a shrug or cardi in front of her for most of the show obviously feeling uncomfortable in the dress.

I've noticed that the dresses look ok on the models from the front, if a little short. However when they turn round you can see that the hem is higher where the fabric is taken up by the model's hips & bottom. They don't put enough fabric in the back skirt, probably preferring to put it in the front so it looks swing-y and generously cut. (Hope this makes sense).

Latest posts

Back