Kim & Co Fashion TSV 05/05/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hope it is a nice maxi dress. I don't want a large garish pattern on it though.

Shows how I've been brainwashed by QVC. In today's D/Mail is a small article with the headline "Fancy living next to Kim & Co" !!!! Weeell, what would YOU think ??

It was an article about a 4 bed property next door to the N.Korean embassy in London.

What a dreadful dress. Hangs all wrong in full frontal photo. I have a few Kim&Co and they are fine

Oh heck that dress looks horrible. Like someone`s taken one of her tops and stretched it to below the knees.

I have some really pretty Kim and Co dresses (muted patterns I might add), and was quite pleased to hear the TSV had sleeves, but am not sure about that dress at all. The shoes don't look right with it either.

I was actually looking forward to this TSV as I'm after a decent maxi dress for summer that doesn't flash the flesh, but this design would make me look like I have no neck with its demure neckline and the sleeves would just make my stumpy arms even stumpier. Cap sleeves and a slightly lower neckline (still no need to go cleavage-baring) would have been my preference.

It looks frumpy on the tall gorgeous model for goodness' sake!

Imo the bottom half of the dress looks very weird. My money is very safe.

Kim & Co Brazil Knit High Low Hem Maxi Dress Regular Length
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.164500

Kim & Co Brazil Knit High Low Hem Maxi Dress Petite Length
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.164758

QVC Price £63.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.98
P&P £4.95

This cap-sleeved maxi dress features a hi-lo hemline in a sharkbite style at the front and straight at the back, which creates a lovely, flowy shape. In a choice of stylish block colours or pretty prints, you'll be well-prepared when the warmer weather arrives with this lovely dress from Kim & Co.

Any occasion-ready - we bet you have some fun occasions coming up over the summer months, from BBQs to weddings. This dress can be styled with flat sandals and a denim jacket for the former, and glammed up with heels and the right accessories for the latter. It's a real wardrobe saviour!

Choose your size - if you feel like you need a shorter version of this lovely dress, check out our Petite version with item number 164758.

95% polyester, 5% elastane
Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

Floral Clouds
Floral Flutter
Black
Magical Butterflies
French Navy

Garment measurements:

Chest: XS: 83.8cm (33"), S: 88.9cm (35"), M: 93.9cm (37"), L: 99.1cm (39"), XL: 104.1cm (41"), 2XL: 111.8cm (44"), 3XL: 119.4cm (47")
Hips: XS: 101.cm (40"), S: 106.7cm (42"), M: 111.8cm (44"), LL 116.8cm (46"), XL: 121.9cm (48"), 2XL: 129.5cm (51"), 3XL: 137.2cm (54")
Length: XS: 123.2cm (48.5"), S: 123.9cm (48.8"), M: 124.5cm (49"), L: 125.2cm (49.3"), XL: 125.7cm (49.5"), 2XL: 127cm (50"), 3XL: 128.3cm (50.5")

All measurements are approximate

Not sure about this one - the plain colours might be best as the prints are a bit 'stretch sofa covers'. The heavy sandals worn by the model on the website certainly don't do it any favours.

I quite like it. Can't quite believe I'm saying this, but I have ordered the plain navy one! I've got a few lightweight tie front cardis that will go with it, it looks like a useful dress for holiday sightseeing etc.

Where are the elegant ditzy patterns of a few years ago.The patterns are horrible. Its just not summery and that hem line .No. I'm sure it will sell out but no from me.

I like the colours in the butterfly print so I've ordered the short length with a view to straightening the hem (making to a "normal" maxi length on me). Jill would have looked better in the navy block colour, if she didn't like the prints. The original Kim viscose slinky fabric can be tricky to sew neatly but the brazil knit in a busy pattern should be easy enough. I'll report back when it arrives. Plus I already have tomato red shoes and accessories (including a Lulu Guinness bag in Bright Red which is calling to me now the sun's out).

Which colour did you go for Pick-a-Lily? Being stronger colours works better for me especially on holiday; I have the "frangipani" print maxi from a few years ago which I've only worn a few times; being paler it looks more "dressed up" IYKWIM, maybe because I have to wear heels with it.

Where are the elegant ditzy patterns of a few years ago.The patterns are horrible. Its just not summery and that hem line .No. I'm sure it will sell out but no from me.

Glad I'm not alone on that one ! I still wear the spaghetti strappy maxi's she did in a lilac and coral ditzy prints from about 5 years ago, very pretty, but these days her prints are more like bold wall paper patterns that you'd see in B & Q !!

(see Huntley's in 'pose' mode again this morning - and, has she had botox in her forehead? it looks very ahem, smooth)

Which colour did you go for Pick-a-Lily?

I got the plain navy, as I have noticed that the best dressed people I see when out and about, especially in the European cities, seem to go for plain neutrals and simple, classic shapes. (I have a shameful preference for the bright colours and lary patterns myself, but they make me look very obviously a 'tourist').

You're right there P-a-L, in the days when I travelled to Switzerland every other month, it was noticeable that the Swiss didn't go for colour, judging by what they wore in the street. It was a sea of navy, beige, grey and black, but then when I wandered around the shops, that was all they could buy. It was all very expensive and high quality 'stuff', but apart from C & A, there were no cheap and cheerful shops like Primark/Peacocks etc. I remember in the height of summer going out in my all white maxi dress, and I was warned that people would think I was going out in my nighty !!! There is an upside, many of the young girls did look good in their 'restrained' state of dress, unlike the fashion here for looking like a hooker on nights out.

Latest posts

Back